When my Gig can be "Promoted" again? It's been 4 months...

Good morning, I hope you are well and healthy!

I was hardly worthy of having the "Promoted Gigs" activate this option, honestly despite my Gig being a Best Seller, this option raised my business and I honestly considered that the cost of it was 100% worth it.

3 months ago, in February my Gigs were no longer eligible to be promoted, I think it had to do with 3 orders that I had to cancel due to a major reason: I had COVID-19, the Omicron variant and emotionally I spent days very low where I forgot to activate the Out of Office mood to avoid this problem.

Months have passed today, my Gig with more than 400 positive reviews does not even appear on the first page of searches because of its good reputation... it is in the last pages, hopefully I receive 1 order every 2 weeks. 

To this day, I have 100% response, compliance and rating, I still don't get my order back to what it was before...

I am very frustrated, I went from making more than $1000 a month at least to $20 with luck! It's kind of frustrating since I'm 100% loyal to Fiverr in the sense that I don't want to offer my services elsewhere, I appreciate the attention when I need support and how they're growing and making amazing features but I feel like all the work I've done since 2018 here it is displaced and buried, so much effort to always offer a 10/10 experience as if it didn't exist.

I hope to hear about your experiences and advice, sorry if I take the time to vent!

image.thumb.png.5b1d0dbf2b4a00582e80d6a0069a6120.png

• Like 42
  • Sad 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mariajlozada said:

I hope to hear about your experiences

To be honest, I'm not sure how my experiences as a Fiverr seller will be of any help to you in regards to you not being in the Promoted Gigs program. 😐

my Gig with more than 400 positive reviews does not even appear on the first page of searches because of its good reputation... it is in the last pages

Other people will see your gig in other places in the search system.

To this day, I have 100% response, compliance and rating, I still don't get my order back to what it was before...

Times change. Markets change. Interest changes. Metrics change. As a freelancer, you need to be willing to figure out how to change along with these things. Be willing to build a personal strategy that rolls with -- and overcomes -- these challenges. There will be low times. This is a guarantee. Great sellers have the perseverance to turn the low times into advantages that grow and improve their services. 

The Fiverr search system appears to have changed a few months ago. It won't be going back to the easier way that it once was. The competition is higher. There are many more sellers all vying for prime visibility. If you're not in the Promoted Gigs program, then its up to you to find creative ways to stand out from the crowd. This is just how business -- and the Fiverr market -- works these days.

• Like 40
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

It's the cancellations that got you in trouble. The same can happen if you get a 4.7 review or anything Fiverr doesn't like. The good news is that nothing is permanent on Fiverr, so your gigs will qualify again in a few weeks or months. 

Today is May 11, and I have made $112 thanks to promoted gigs. My total ad spend is $6. Totally worth it. 

• Like 30
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/11/2022 at 11:16 PM, fastcopywriter said:

It's the cancellations that got you in trouble. The same can happen if you get a 4.7 review or anything Fiverr doesn't like. The good news is that nothing is permanent on Fiverr, so your gigs will qualify again in a few weeks or months. 

Today is May 11, and I have made $112 thanks to promoted gigs. My total ad spend is $6. Totally worth it. 

I fully agree with you! Promoted Gigs is WORTH IT, before all this... I think I used to spend less than $10 USD a month and get a revenue of about $500 USD, one of the best features for me!

Thanks for sharing 😀

• Like 28
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, basamgad said:

I'm facing the same problem as you and it's been over 2 months right now

Little update: last week the Promoted Gigs option came back and it lasted a week, today I received the same message! I will be positive that he will come back again!

Unfortunately I could only have one order with the feature!

Hope you're well! Thanks for sharing

• Like 28
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, mariajlozada said:

Little update: last week the Promoted Gigs option came back and it lasted a week, today I received the same message! I will be positive that he will come back again!

Unfortunately I could only have one order with the feature!

Hope you're well! Thanks for sharing

This exactly what happened to me too, only lasted a week then it's gone once again

• Like 30
  • Up 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, basamgad said:

This exactly what happened to me too, only lasted a week then it's gone once again

Hi, sorry to hear that! To this day I still haven't had the Promoted Gigs back!

I will continue working hard and I will be updating my situation here since we are more than one in this situation and so we can inform so that others have reference!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I experienced this in August 2021, and it took me 4 months till December that it came back normally again 🙂 And everything worked perfectly for nearly 1 year till yesterday, again, yesterday this message popped up again and said "cannot be promoted...". You know, in the normal condition, my gigs always appear in the first page cos I checked the search ranking very often. But when "the gig cannot be promoted" comes, my gigs fell behind so many pages, and the impression dropped too.

Actually I dont know why I get this alert, or why we get this? For me, there are only 1 canceled order in the last 3 months, the completion is nearly 99%, everything else is perfect (5 star ratings, 100% response, delivered, 1hour response speed...). 

So I guess This happened maybe due to the private feedback from our clients, which we cannot see. 

• Like 19
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3

On 5/10/2022 at 6:41 AM, mariajlozada said:

I was hardly worthy of having the "Promoted Gigs" activate this option, honestly despite my Gig being a Best Seller, this option raised my business and I honestly considered that the cost of it was 100% worth it.

3 months ago, in February my Gigs were no longer eligible to be promoted, I think it had to do with 3 orders that I had to cancel due to a major reason: I had COVID-19, the Omicron variant and emotionally I spent days very low where I forgot to activate the Out of Office mood to avoid this problem.

Months have passed today, my Gig with more than 400 positive reviews does not even appear on the first page of searches because of its good reputation... it is in the last pages, hopefully I receive 1 order every 2 weeks. 

I am very frustrated, I went from making more than $1000 a month at least to $20 with luck! It's kind of frustrating since I'm 100% loyal to Fiverr in the sense that I don't want to offer my services elsewhere, I appreciate the attention when I need support and how they're growing and making amazing features but I feel like all the work I've done since 2018 here it is displaced and buried, so much effort to always offer a 10/10 experience as if it didn't exist.

I hope to hear about your experiences and advice, sorry if I take the time to vent!

image.thumb.png.5b1d0dbf2b4a00582e80d6a0069a6120.png

Exactly same isshe with me, around 3 months no improvement on the gig positioning and also, promoted gig feature not promotable right now 😞

• Like 19
  • Sad 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:41 AM, mariajlozada said:

The same here, 2 complains in 78 5* Reviews orders and suddenly your gig is no longer promotable and you are f**** up. Going from 5K Impressions/day to 30 (!). Complaining several times at Customer Support - only copy and paste bullshit answers or even no answers at all.

The only advice I can give you is leaving Fiverr (I mean, which company does charge 20% of tips, anyway) and try other ones like UpWork or Freelance.

• Like 21

There are some criteria to meet in order to be eligible for promoted gigs. The first is that you need to have at least 10 reviews (I set a target and this was the case for me). The second is that you must make a certain quantity of sales within a set period of time organically.

I think the issue is that you need to make a certain number of sales before you get this function back. I understand that this can be a challenge if the algorithm is working against you.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 18

One thing I want to point out is that Fiverr searches are based on an algorithm, so it's important to look good and correct "on the surface". I see that your country is listed when I view your gig and it is not when I view your profile. This may or may not affect how you're perceived by the A.I., but it won't hurt to contact CS to have this corrected.

image.png.79e51ae07a2cbb2a9b07d64da586b283.png

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, kashiif34 said:

Even I am eligible and the order ratio was best but here is showing my status for promoting as unqualified.

Eligibility does not mean that you are qualified. Clearly something about you seller performance does not qualify you to promote your gigs.

32 minutes ago, kashiif34 said:

can anyone help me to sort out this problem?

Nothing we can do will ensure that you can use the Promoted Gigs feature.

• Like 11

• 2 months later...