This Gig cannot be promoted right now

umairshaikh31

Question

Hi Community,
Hope you are well,
I am Umair and have been providing video editing services on Fiverr for the last three years.

One of my gig (do professional video editing and post production) was in "promoted gigs" and I was generating a lot of income from it. But today a sudden message comes that

"This Gig cannot be promoted right now. due to possible quality issue. This Gig will start promoting once it's back to being promotable"

I would like to ask what happened that stopped the promotion of my gig and also derank my account?

Thank you for your help and cooperation

Regards:
Umair

Untitled.jpg

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 answers to this question

I feel sorry that suddenly you’re facing this issue. I have passed through this situation as well.
I researched a lot and contacted support a couple of times to overcome this situation.
So mainly I learned, this happens for short of the quality and additional metrics, i.e. private feedback, quality, communication, etc including with general metrics we see in our dashboard (response rate, delivered on time, order completion rate, etc)
And the only option is to keep doing your best with the running orders (if any) with quality work, get praise from your buyers, to meet these quality metrics.
This can last for a couple of days to more (unexpectedly).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seven_sign said:

I feel sorry that suddenly you’re facing this issue. I have passed through this situation as well.
I researched a lot and contacted support a couple of times to overcome this situation.
So mainly I learned, this happens for short of the quality and additional metrics, i.e. private feedback, quality, communication, etc including with general metrics we see in our dashboard (response rate, delivered on time, order completion rate, etc)
And the only option is to keep doing your best with the running orders (if any) with quality work, get praise from your buyers, to meet these quality metrics.

I agree with you, actually a client gave me a 4 star rating and then it all happened, while most of me have 5 star ratings.

Do you have any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-05-09 220335.png

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, I am sorry to read that you'all are also going through the same thing!

I've been going through the same thing for almost 4 months now, I think with luck I get 2 clicks a week on my profile and it's too much! I have also contacted support and I think maybe it is due to their internal indicators or that is what it could be in my case, since all my indicators are at 100%.

I also opened a topic because it frustrates me a lot and despite the fact that my Gig has 400 positive reviews today it is in the last search pages.

Hope we get some solution! I have read of people who have been waiting for 6 months...

Stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, seven_sign said:

It's very crazy... because how to get a good review when you're not getting any orders, it's my current situation! How long have you been waiting? 

Stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today I talked to customer support they said you should meet certain criteria for the promoted gig, (and my gig meets certain criteria) but they also said...

"If the criteria listed there are met, but your Gig is still shown as unqualified, this means that the criteria mentioned under “You meet additional quality metrics” aren't currently satisfied. These criteria are based on internal performance metrics and cannot be disclosed.

Please know that your performance is monitored on a daily basis, therefore, while your Gig may be unqualified today, this may change tomorrow. What you need to do now is to keep providing the best services possible."

What I understand is that it doesn't matter if you meet the standards or not. It is up to Fiverr to rank or de-rank your GIG whenever they want or turn off the promoted gig option and you have no choice.

that's simply mean reviews and rating does not matter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, umairshaikh31 said:

Today I talked to customer support they said you should meet certain criteria for the promoted gig, (and my gig meets certain criteria) but they also said...

"If the criteria listed there are met, but your Gig is still shown as unqualified, this means that the criteria mentioned under “You meet additional quality metrics” aren't currently satisfied. These criteria are based on internal performance metrics and cannot be disclosed.

Please know that your performance is monitored on a daily basis, therefore, while your Gig may be unqualified today, this may change tomorrow. What you need to do now is to keep providing the best services possible."

What I understand is that it doesn't matter if you meet the standards or not. It is up to Fiverr to rank or de-rank your GIG whenever they want or turn off the promoted gig option and you have no choice.

that's simply mean reviews and rating does not matter.

yes that's the ideas what ever you do when they like they will give you the promote option

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Good day! I leave an update to take advantage of this space and enrich the information!

After 4 months, 1 week ago they gave me the Promoted Gigs feature again, however, a week later today they took it away again... I could only have 2 orders (1 by Promoted and the other by a repeat buyer) and now again I don't have the option!

It is somewhat ironic that having 2 orders of 5 stars they already remove it! But hey, maybe they are internal issues, I hope it comes back soon because really, despite my Gig being the Best Seller in its category, when it doesn't have the Promoted they move it to the last search pages.

• Like 4
  • Up 1