How to dm a buyer request client?

biancodot

Question

Hi, i sent my gigs to a bunch of buyer request client and none of them answered, i wonder if i can dm them first or only the client can write to me, cause i see no way to dm them right away, and its kinda strange that among 20+ buyer request not one wrote to me, not even a "ive already asked to someone else but thanks"

im wondering if im doing something wrong, like, dm them after the offer or i just have to wait for them to answer the offer and sometimes they dont answer at all

thanks

• Like 3
  • Up 2

1 answer to this question

19 minutes ago, biancodot said:

im wondering if im doing something wrong, like, dm them after the offer or i just have to wait for them to answer the offer and sometimes they dont answer at all

DMing a BR client is a sure fire way to get marked as 'spam'. You shouldn't do it (as far as I know, the only ones you can actually write to are other sellers, which means that you flood their inboxes and...yeah.) BR as a whole isn't exactly... great, unfortunately, and even the best offers get lost there sometimes. As a buyer, you don't really have the option to reach out to all the people (often 30-50 or more) who have messaged you - nor would it be fun for sellers to get a message like 'hey, sorry but I chose someone else over you'. 

BR basically isn't a messaging system - it's a bit more like... a bunch of quick offers/ads. You only order the ones you want and ignore the rest. I see why you'd think it might be better to reach out to them yourself, but that's just not how it works. Once I needed some art and I had something like... 20 people spamming my inbox. Not fun, to be honest. 

PS.: 

Your art is great, but I'd re-read the TOS over what you can and can't offer when it comes to art. (just... a friendly tip.) 

• Like 7