MP4 video format: audio quality decreased

Hello! I'm new to Fiverr. I got a recording studio, and I uploaded a .mp4 video to promote my work. On my computer the music quality is very good but, once uploaded here in Fiverr, the audio quality suddenly decrease. Is there some guidelines to follow to avoid this kind of issues?

Thank you so much

Marcos  

• Like 13
  • Up 2

On 5/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, mcortelazzo said:

Hello! I'm new to Fiverr. I got a recording studio, and I uploaded a .mp4 video to promote my work. On my computer the music quality is very good but, once uploaded here in Fiverr, the audio quality suddenly decrease. Is there some guidelines to follow to avoid this kind of issues?

Thank you so much

Marcos  

Hi Marcos,

I'm also new to Fiverr and I'm experiencing the same problem. You're not alone.
So many people's samples sound great, though, so I hope there's a solution... just haven't found it yet.

Go well,
Yvette

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the same issue as a voice over artist. I've tried bringing it up with support, my success manager, the support again, and even sent this to the UX team at Fiverr. 

So far, my requests have been met with a "The relevant team is aware of the issue" for the past three years. 

At this point, I've concluded that Fiverr doesn't care. And there's little we can do about it. 

At one point, they even claimed to not hear the difference, after two audio professionals including myself described the difference as "CD vs. dirty audio cassette". We even documented this by recording the same clip as it sounds locally vs. what it sounds when playing back from the website. 

They still wouldn't listen. 

It's the reason why I haven't been able to use a gig video for several years. I've decided to try again, but given what @mcortelazzo describes here, I have little faith that Fiverr has bothered to improve this. 

At the end of the day, it's all about the money: traffic and storage costs money. Fiverr did this to save money, because there was a time when gig videos had a much higher quality. And they don't care if they ruin the audio of demos and the portfolio – even when it is directly detrimental to the talent pool who needs high-quality audio the most. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, mcortelazzo said:

Thank you so much

Marcos  

This is your gig video audio as it plays on Fiverr (I downloaded it directly from your gig). That means our audio is at the same level as the first mp3 files in the 90s, after it has gone through Fiverr's meatgrinder of a compression algorithm. 

The sample rate is pulled all the way down to 22.050 kHz. 

It's no wonder the audio quality sounds like garbage.

It doesn't matter what you do. It will always sound like garbage with this level of compression. 

The person who had this idea should get fired. 

Skjermbilde 2022-06-06 140858.jpg

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...