Banking and location

strategist_ceo

Question

I will be relocating to Malaysia within three-month, followed by an extended period of stay in the United States (probably years, since I just got my green card). I am wondering if it is possible to retain the banking information (with the earnings being transferred to my bank account in the Thailand)?

Does any sellers have any recommendation to any online bank that can allow us to keep the earnings in a different currency instead where we are based (for e.g: keep the earnings in USD instead of a foreign currency or etc)?

Is there a need to update fiverr on my location change?

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Is there a need to update fiverr on my location change?

I'm not entirely sure but I believe Fiverr automatically changes to whatever location you're at.

6 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Does any sellers have any recommendation to any online bank that can allow us to keep the earnings in a different currency instead where we are based (for e.g: keep the earnings in USD instead of a foreign currency or etc)?

I live in Europe and I use Wise (formerly TransferWise) to deposit my Fiverr earnings in USD via Payoneer. On Wise you can keep the currency you want. I do transfer them to my personal bank account into EUR, but on Wise itself you can keep it as USD. Their exchange rates are also quite advantageous. So that online bank might be interesting for you to look at!

• Like 5

On 5/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, sabinespoems said:

I'm not entirely sure but I believe Fiverr automatically changes to whatever location you're at.

I live in Europe and I use Wise (formerly TransferWise) to deposit my Fiverr earnings in USD via Payoneer. On Wise you can keep the currency you want. I do transfer them to my personal bank account into EUR, but on Wise itself you can keep it as USD. Their exchange rates are also quite advantageous. So that online bank might be interesting for you to look at!

I don't think Wise is a bank account and can act as a medium to hold money like PayPal. PayPal cannot be used by individuals in Thailand anymore, which is why I am having this problem.

• Like 4