What constitutes a good seller?

strategist_ceo

I have turned away more than half of those who seek my service on Fiverr, providing honest opinions that they do not have a chance at getting a bank loan or that they have unrealistic expectations.

Of almost all the clients I serve, I send all of them into research and getting back to me with real-world information and statistics about themselves. My screening of clients has made my work more impactful to those who engage in my service (one client went on to get over 2 mil in funding), but I know that my rigorous screening process is hurting my business.

I am wondering if it would be better to cut back on the screening and just do business.

Are there any sellers picking on potential buyers, knowing full well that it's hurting their chances of landing new cases? Do they have an ethical obligation to ensure their work is impactful? (I ponder)  Not only that, but this would hurt your seller's algorithm.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

You already have gigs for consultations and scrutinization... are you not getting potential clients to buy those?

I think I should make those into active gigs, it's always implied that they will get basic evaluation before ordering (every other seller seems to be doing that), I don't have the "street credit" for those yet.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5

If you think it's implied, then maybe start saying 'no'.

State clearly in your gig that consolations are not included, and direct people who contact you to those consultation gigs?

Or, bake it into the price of the gig.

---

My apologies. I just looked into your two business gigs and noticed that the basic prices/packages are the assessments. Are people not placing orders for those evaluation packages?

If that's the case, then maybe revamping your gigs to be milestone gigs would be better. That way you might still be able to be paid for those evaluations, but can stop the remaining milestones.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

I just looked into your two business gigs and noticed that the basic prices/packages are the assessments. Are people not placing orders for those evaluation packages?

People are not really placing orders for those evaluation packages, I do realize that if that price "lowers", my click will go up. I got this recommendation from Seller Plus when I was subscribed.

Good recommendation. I will do some revamp to my gigs.

Thank you.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 6

I'm happy to just "get down to business" if the buyers themselves have done their due diligence and provided me with all the information I need to get their order done as expected.

The thing is, sometimes buyers aren't exactly sure what the information I need is. I feel it's good for my business to help them figure that out. At first it's hard to make these conversations go efficiently but with enough experience it's easy to boil it all down to a few key questions.

Then, of course, you've got buyers who straight-up don't know what they want or have a completely distorted view of what the service or product of a seller (in my case blog posts) is meant to accomplish. These types of buyers can be a real dice roll if I don't do my own due diligence. In most cases, we get through consultation smoothly and the product is delivered to their satisfaction, occasionally resulting to repeat business. There are a lot of these buyers, though, who show signs of being problematic down the line so I have my way of filtering them out. It's both for my own and their benefit equally.

In the end, I feel a good seller should be one who can identify when they are and aren't a good fit for each buyer that approaches them. I can immediately tell you I'm a terrible fit for someone who has a strict set of article guidelines and SEO rules they want me to adhere to. But I'm likely perfect for someone who wants a mix of optimization, creativity and authenticity. If I were to just "get down to business", I'd end up taking both ends of this spectrum and gain more stress and lost time in the process.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, yannisenglish said:

I'm happy to just "get down to business" if the buyers themselves have done their due diligence and provided me with all the information I need to get their order done as expected.

The thing is, sometimes buyers aren't exactly sure what the information I need is. I feel it's good for my business to help them figure that out. At first it's hard to make these conversations go efficiently but with enough experience it's easy to boil it all down to a few key questions.

Then, of course, you've got buyers who straight-up don't know what they want or have a completely distorted view of what the service or product of a seller (in my case blog posts) is meant to accomplish. These types of buyers can be a real dice roll if I don't do my own due diligence. In most cases, we get through consultation smoothly and the product is delivered to their satisfaction, occasionally resulting to repeat business. There are a lot of these buyers, though, who show signs of being problematic down the line so I have my way of filtering them out. It's both for my own and their benefit equally.

In the end, I feel a good seller should be one who can identify when they are and aren't a good fit for each buyer that approaches them. I can immediately tell you I'm a terrible fit for someone who has a strict set of article guidelines and SEO rules they want me to adhere to. But I'm likely perfect for someone who wants a mix of optimization, creativity and authenticity. If I were to just "get down to business", I'd end up taking both ends of this spectrum and gain more stress and lost time in the process.

Thank you for the very thoughtful reply 🙂

• Like 4