Online Alive!

nayemanam

Question

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, nayemanam said:

How long should i stay online at fiverr. 17-18 hrs or 24 hrs? 24 hrs not possible. max i stary online 14 hrs is it effective or not ?

You will not guarantee yourself any more orders by being online, than you will offline. Buyers can hire you whether you are online or not. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Up 3

For a moment, I was wondering how would it be possible for someone to be online while dead...

13 hours ago, nayemanam said:

How long should i stay online at fiverr.

As long as you need to when you have something to do on Fiverr (create gigs, deliver orders, respond to messages, browse other gigs...).

Staring at your screen while hoping that someone will order from you doesn't count as having something to do on Fiverr.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, nayemanam said:

Really, and what about the gig rank?

What about the gig rank? Staying online has nothing to do with ranking your gig 🤷‍♀️ Why do you think fiverr will be ranking you just because you are online? Ranking is based on your performance and how people react and interact with your gig, not on how many hours you stay online. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, nayemanam said:

and how come new seller will show their performance ? By staying offline do you think?

I will repeat it again as you seemed to ignore that part 👇

9 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

how people react and interact with your gig, not on how many hours you stay online

Even without orders your gig is showing performance and potential. 
Fiverr gives a boost to new sellers showing them to people in search and their algorithm is evaluating how interested are buyers in your gig, hovering mouse, clicking on it, stoping on your gig to read etc. your gig is performing even before you get orders. That’s why it’s not only YOUR performance when you get orders, it’s also YOUR GIG performance and it’s potential to attract clients by your pictures, offer, prices etc. that speak to your target audience. 

• Like 4

I think the question would firstly be why you want to stay online for so many hours? I know you might think 'otherwise I'll miss out on buyers!', but that's not the case. People contact me (and many other Sellers) when I'm not even online. That's because buyers are searching Fiverr with a particular search word, and browse the market looking for a Seller they trust can get their project done.

Buyers don't care if you're online. They care about choosing the right person for the job. Of course, some buyers need something to be delivered fast and might use the filter, but plenty of buyers don't.

Instead of focusing on how to stay online, I'd advise you to optimize your gig and make it stand out among all your competitors. Make it so great that your online status doesn't matter!

• Like 5
  • Up 2

45 minutes ago, ibra_him_ said:

I want to know the right way to stay online 14/16 hours? 

Ignore all of this "active online" nonsense being spammed all over the forum, mainly by new sellers with NO SALES.

You have 26 excellent reviews and your recent delivery was 7 days ago.

Just keep doing what you have been doing ....and more of it!

• Like 3
  • Up 5

Install the Fiverr phone app and use it. Whether I am sitting at my computer working or shopping at the grocery store, my phone will ping letting me know I have a message.

If you set up email notifications and have your messages pushed to your email phone app, you will get a message that someone has contacted you within minutes of them doing so, even if you are signed out of Fiverr.

NOTE: I still enjoy my life. I do not sit at my computer for 14 to 16 hours a day.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

What about the gig rank? Staying online has nothing to do with ranking your gig 🤷‍♀️ Why do you think fiverr will be ranking you just because you are online? Ranking is based on your performance and how people react and interact with your gig, not on how many hours you stay online. 

do you Really wonder it? how would i show my performance to my clients if i dont get any orders? suppose you are buyer you want service from seller who is experienced here you are not going to the new one!. on the other hand new seller are staying online to get an order. and how come new seller will show their performance ? By staying offline do you think?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nayemanam said:

suppose you are buyer you want service from seller who is experienced here you are not going to the new one!.

You do realize that everyone started out as a new seller, right?

Plus there are buyers who are looking to hire new sellers, for various reasons.

Staying online only helps if you're looking for buyers who need something done urgently; they're the only ones who are going to care whether you're online or not.

• Like 4