Withdrawal

On 5/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, seven_sign said:

Based on the local currency conversion rate I think payoneer is better for big amount.

I think you can check what's better for your country.

I always use PayPal. They never charge me anything just to transfer the money to my bank account. The downside to PayPal not charging is that you have to wait 1 business day to get the money, otherwise I think PayPal charges also for quick deposits. If it is the weekend, you have to wait until Monday to get the deposit and not be charged. I just don't like giving up my hard earned money if I don't have to, even if it is only a couple of dollars.  Unless you are in a bind and need the money now, then go ahead and use either one. I have never used Payoneer, because at one time they tried to get me to pay them and I just refused. I went back to PayPal and waited 1 day. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@Kendal1747 Thank you so much for your sincere and informative response, me too I don't give my money for nothing (3 dollars for the withdrawal and conversion rate I think is expensive) and I am not in such rush to get my money in less than one day so maybe I will try to use Paypal

• Like 11

10 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

I always use PayPal. They never charge me anything just to transfer the money to my bank account. The downside to PayPal not charging is that you have to wait 1 business day to get the money, otherwise I think PayPal charges also for quick deposits. If it is the weekend, you have to wait until Monday to get the deposit and not be charged. I just don't like giving up my hard earned money if I don't have to, even if it is only a couple of dollars.  Unless you are in a bind and need the money now, then go ahead and use either one. I have never used Payoneer, because at one time they tried to get me to pay them and I just refused. I went back to PayPal and waited 1 day. 

Fiverr's default currency is USD. For USA, it's easier as there is no currency conversion issue from USD to some other.

We can easily withdraw USD to paypal account. But when USD to local currency conversion, I saw paypal don't give good rate compared to payoneer.
If we talk about i.e. $500-$1000 or above, Payoneer may charge $3 per withdrawal, yet, because of good conversion rate, final amount in local currency will be higher than paypal give.

• Like 11

The best way is to check withdrawal conditions or currency conversion rates in your country. US freelancers are better off with PayPal because it does not charge anything to withdraw from Fiverr and they can send the money directly to their bank accounts. But in other countries, Payoneer is good because you can access your funds immediately via the Mastercard - even though they charge extra amounts for ATM withdrawals.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Oh interesting. I'm UK and I get it instantly, 2 seconds from fiverr to Paypal, another 2 seconds from Paypal to my bank.

I am in South Africa, PayPal withdrawals take two working days to reflect in my account. But it takes two seconds from Fiverr to PayPal.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Oh interesting. I'm UK and I get it instantly, 2 seconds from fiverr to Paypal, another 2 seconds from Paypal to my bank.

Well, it is possible that you have more money going through the bank than I do, you think?

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

Well, it is possible that you have more money going through the bank than I do, you think?

Maybe... but I don't think paypal works like this, although I'm not sure. Are you fully verified with paypal? I recall submitting my passport and maybe some other stuff. I think it also depends on if you select an instant transfer or a standard transfer. Standard can take a few days.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 5/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, williambryan392 said:

Maybe... but I don't think paypal works like this, although I'm not sure. Are you fully verified with paypal? I recall submitting my passport and maybe some other stuff. I think it also depends on if you select an instant transfer or a standard transfer. Standard can take a few days.

Mine never takes a few days unless it is the weekend. Like if I transfer on a Monday, it is in the bank on Tuesday. I don't know about the instant transfer or standard. I will check this out though. Thanks very much. 

• Like 8

I'm in the UK and currently trying to find a better way to transfer money out. I've always used PayPal but their conversion rates are awful and I end up losing far too much money (on top of the 20% fiverr already take). I've heard having a TransferWise account is a better option as their conversion rate is far better than PayPal's. If anyone has used this option before and finds it successful I'd love to hear it! 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I use both PayPal and Payoneer.

This is because sometimes, for no reason, I will not be able to withdraw my earnings from one of them. It is a glitch. Sometimes I can't withdraw from Paypal, so I'll withdraw from Payoneer (Bank Transfer). Other times Payoneer won't let me withdraw my earnings, so I choose the PayPal option.

I used to only have PayPal until I couldn't withdraw my earnings. I immediately brought the issue up to Fiverr CS, who told me it must be a PayPal issue. When I reached out to PayPal, they told me it was a Fiverr issue. Once I realized nothing was going to be resolved, I set up Payoneer and got my earnings immediately.

After a month, I checked and the PayPal option was working fine. However Payoneer was not working. Why I do not know. 

For now, I keep both. Just in case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1