Struggling to find a designer for individual/unique (not template-based) logos?

keyjay79

Hi,

I am struggling a bit and looking for honest suggestions. I saw many great, unique, and creative logos in Fiverr reviews on youtube and other platforms but those sellers are no longer available or have a queue for months.

In the past, I had luck assigning the same task to multiple Fiverr sellers and then pick from a range of beautiful solutions and get inspired at the same time.

Now, I am in search for a new logo with clear instructions for two symbols, two colors, and a minimalist font. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of logo designers by now on Fiverr and I have to admit that they all look like they are using some kind of template or software as the logos (colors, fonts, and images aside) look all the same. If you don't want the usual small picture above a text-style of logo, you seem out of luck or overwhelmed by offers.

I found 3 sellers that looked like they may be a bit more creative in their approach (for $25, $45, and $75, if I recall correctly) but all I got back where the same template-like designs that also ignored all instructions I gave. I even drew examples myself to overcome potential language issues. I got one color or only one of the symbols. Request like making the symbol part of the text (like using a symbol instead of a letter) are also ignored even if I ask several times. Same for the placement of text to picture. 

Given that everybody is always nice, I simply assume that this is all done by a rather restrictive software and the logo design boils down to picking an existing graphic, adding 2-3 words next or under it, and be done. I get this, but for $75 I would hope for more or at least expect a reply that they cannot do it.

Now, passing around blame is easy, so I don't want to do it. Those folks all had 5-20 very positive reviews, so obviously others were happy and it is my fault for not picking the proper person for the job. Again, everybody was nice and professional (but offering 'unlimited revisions, just to ignore feedback).

So, here we go: how do I find a person that can truly design (not click-together) a logo with 4 (rather simply instructions), is creative, wants to design something unique, speaks decent English, can do it for under $150 and within a few days. I know that social media is full of reviews of people that designed remarkable, highly custom logos for $25-50 within a day or two, but those folks are impossible to find or I don't know how.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the long message, I hope somebody had a similar experience. I appreciate everybody devoting their time on fiverr to help folks like me with no talent for design.

Kris

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Might I recommend this thread as some food-for-thought:

Edit: Might I also recommend avoiding 'Unlimited Revisions'? It might look like a good option, but it shows a lack of confidence in the user's skills that can often mean "I don't know what I'm doing, so I need a lot of tries to get it right."

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 5

Hi. I've had a logo drawn by a seller with a B. Sc. in Graphic Design, from the US, who hand draws her graphics. I was really pleased with everything. Her logo Gig starts at $85. Maybe search for "hand drawn logo" to heighten your chances of finding a seller who doesn't just use templates, I think that's what I did, has been a while, so I don't remember too well. Of course, you need to have an eye for who may not really understand the meaning of "hand drawn", but you get an eye for such things after some browsing and checking out Gigs. I don't know if you'd like her style, of course, but if you'd like to check, send me a PM here, I can give you her profile link.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Edit: Might I also recommend avoiding 'Unlimited Revisions'? It might look like a good option, but it shows a lack of confidence in the user's skills that can often mean "I don't know what I'm doing, so I need a lot of tries to get it right."

Oh, that is very good advise! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, keyjay79 said:

@miiilatrying to write you a message to get the name, I get 'miiila cannot receive messages.'

Oh, sorry, apparently, my inbox is full: "Used 140% messenger storage". It seems they transferred the PMs from the old forum to this one, when they switched...

I also got a pop-up telling me I can't PM you because my inbox has no space left. I'll go and delete some old PM conversations and hope I'll just have to delete spam ones and not memory lane ones, and will try to PM you and send you the profile link then 🙂

Good to know, in any case, thanks for tagging me!

ETA: Message sent!

Edited by miiila
  • Like 3

On 5/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, keyjay79 said:

Hi,

I am struggling a bit and looking for honest suggestions. I saw many great, unique, and creative logos in Fiverr reviews on youtube and other platforms but those sellers are no longer available or have a queue for months.

In the past, I had luck assigning the same task to multiple Fiverr sellers and then pick from a range of beautiful solutions and get inspired at the same time.

Now, I am in search for a new logo with clear instructions for two symbols, two colors, and a minimalist font. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of logo designers by now on Fiverr and I have to admit that they all look like they are using some kind of template or software as the logos (colors, fonts, and images aside) look all the same. If you don't want the usual small picture above a text-style of logo, you seem out of luck or overwhelmed by offers.

I found 3 sellers that looked like they may be a bit more creative in their approach (for $25, $45, and $75, if I recall correctly) but all I got back where the same template-like designs that also ignored all instructions I gave. I even drew examples myself to overcome potential language issues. I got one color or only one of the symbols. Request like making the symbol part of the text (like using a symbol instead of a letter) are also ignored even if I ask several times. Same for the placement of text to picture. 

Given that everybody is always nice, I simply assume that this is all done by a rather restrictive software and the logo design boils down to picking an existing graphic, adding 2-3 words next or under it, and be done. I get this, but for $75 I would hope for more or at least expect a reply that they cannot do it.

Now, passing around blame is easy, so I don't want to do it. Those folks all had 5-20 very positive reviews, so obviously others were happy and it is my fault for not picking the proper person for the job. Again, everybody was nice and professional (but offering 'unlimited revisions, just to ignore feedback).

So, here we go: how do I find a person that can truly design (not click-together) a logo with 4 (rather simply instructions), is creative, wants to design something unique, speaks decent English, can do it for under $150 and within a few days. I know that social media is full of reviews of people that designed remarkable, highly custom logos for $25-50 within a day or two, but those folks are impossible to find or I don't know how.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the long message, I hope somebody had a similar experience. I appreciate everybody devoting their time on fiverr to help folks like me with no talent for design.

Kris

Hello I am not trying to market myself or something but I can be of help 

• Like 3