What is the most important tip you'll give a young new designer?

n_benzbar

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, emondasgupta said:

upgrade design skill day by day and follow the design trend.😇

Great advice!

On 3/10/2022 at 2:31 PM, imagination7413 said:

Absolute number one? 

Empathy.

Care about what you're doing and care about who you're doing it for. If you can't get fully behind your work, it WILL SHOW. That includes when you're practicing, because practice is caring about your future work and ability.

That's an interesting one, totally agree

On 3/10/2022 at 9:40 PM, argraphics444 said:

Creativity is the most important for the designer...

Absolutely, you cannot ace your work without it

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 - Allways take some courses online, improve yourself. Its too easy to find classes and courses, and mostly cheap or free too.

2 - Dont stay in the same place if you are the best designer there. Go somewhere else(figuratively) where you are not the best, and climb on the top via learning from others.

3 - Try to get away from your comfort zone, try some new art styles, new brushes, new templates. You dont have to master them, but it will improve your overall design quality to see different things.

4 - Dont be afraid to do mistakes, remember the bob ross lectures.

5 - Show your works to people who you think will be honest with their opinions.

6 - And for the painters, take a look at what you are drawing with a mirror. Seeing your piece horizontally rotated helps to see the mistakes.

7 - Find some music to inspire yourself while working. In my case, depending what im drawing, i will listen to the music to live the ambiance of the concept of the drawing.

I guess what im tryng to say is; challange yourself, criticize yourself and improve yourself.

Edit: I just realized that you asked for one. Well 😃

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

The most important tip for me is that you have to find an specialty that you like and improve your skills at.

I mean "Logo design" is a "category" but hand writing logo is a "specialty" 

That mean if you wanna be a hand writing logo designer, you need to have deeper understanding about typography and skills of calligraphy. 

then you will be a professional. 

designing softwares become easier year after year and anyone can use them now. so ask yourself what difference between beginner and pro. 

beginner always think that he can do any type of design once he know how to use tools. A pro has a specialty that he can do perfectly.    

• Like 24

Graphic designing is a very demand field in fiverr and it is  also a competitive. Lot of buyers have clear idea about what is the size, what is the design he want like important factors. but some buyers haven't clear idea about sizes and what is he want. so it is very important to communicate with him about what is the size you want, what is the length and height, what is the color mode of PSD file. But some are don't know what is the size like things. so we can asked what is the objective of the design ( Social media, Standard Poster, Newspaper Ads), then we can inform him that is the size and im going to design it according to that standard size.

most of clients will send you a reference photo from internet and you can watch and ask him how to design it according the reference photo, if he will not send you can message a sample photo and ask how about it

It is very important to know color mode of the final file and you must know it before the initiate the designing 

Those factors are very important because some clients will inform this factors after the final product submission,  That mean you want to design it again and your time and client time waste.

i recommend to know those factors before start you job

• Like 24
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am working since 2010 as a main career Graphic Designing and Motion Graphics. I like to tell newbies be always new, think new, reseach new,  update every day not only virus guards and software, Mostly you want to update your thinking pattern to the next level. if you miss a day you missed lot of updates in this field. try something new always. find way to give what they asked, what you want to create think out of the box. you will be the next master in creativity. I hope you all the newbies Important this way to grow your design experience. 

Thanks

Tharaka from dewa logos

• Like 24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Remain inquisitive and focused on constant learning. The plan scene develops quickly, and interest energizes advancement. Embrace difficulties, look for input, and fabricate areas of strength for a. Systems administration and cooperation are critical — interface with friends and tutors. Remain coordinated, grasp the client, and let energy drive your innovativeness.💖

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

1) Master your skills**

2) Always care what you give to your clients

3) Try to impress with deliveries to get back them to you

4) Give a good reason to hire you, not just you doing things.

5) Warm wellcome is their first impression with you. Make a good conversation, Not just collecting information

Need more?

• Like 16

• 3 weeks later...