Fiverr Business Profile "Important Clients"

Has anyone else found it challenging to get your important clients verified by Fiverr? It took ages for them to approve the first one I proposed, and I am still waiting for them to approve the 2nd and 3rd clients I have submitted. I am about to proffer a 4th client today, but sometimes I tend to ask myself what is the use.  

• Like 7

I submitted five, finding one was declined after 'pending' for a month or more. Contacted the client and they said no one was ever in touch with them (as I wondered if the client declined it) and I withdrew the other four myself as I was then unsure what the process was for this 'approval'. The client whose brand was 'declined' was quite upset as she then wondered if her website gave Fiverr a bad impression.

As an editor, my clients' names won't mean a lot to most buyers anyway unless they happen to read and specialize in the genres I edit. And if that's the case, they're just as likely to be deterred by seeing their competitors' names there.

I could have named blue-chip brands I worked for in the recent past but those are not editing clients. I cannot imagine clients seeking copy editing would choose sellers based on who we claim to work for. I too was tired of seeing 'pending' and of having zero information on what approvals process Fiverr uses. A misguided idea, I think! I'm now not convinced I want to name my private clients either--or to have them approached by Fiverr (if that happens).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

sometimes I tend to ask myself what is the use.  

Yes, I have the same issue. I submitted my list I believe about 5 months ago, and so far one got approved, and the others are still pending. I asked CS about it, and was told something along the lines of "slow process." Seems like this initiative doesn't have much effort going into it.

Interestingly, I realized I had done some work for Fiverr. I submitted that - approved within about two hours. I don't know how they would have verified in the amount of time. I did talk about it with my Success Manager, and he agreed it was worth adding. Maybe he passed along an endorsement, I don't know.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

or to have them approached by Fiverr (if that happens).

Actually, it's you who are supposed to approach the clients, Fiverr don't contact them directly:

3. Marking the checkbox to confirm that you've worked with the client mentioned and that you have permission to publish details

6. Does Fiverr validate the client information I provide?
Fiverr validates the information the seller provides but does not contact the clients/companies directly.

I'm finding it challenging too, Vickie, yes. It clearly says:

2. Which of my clients can I add?
You can add any clients as long as a company website address is available. This doesn't include profiles on sites like Fiverr, Facebook, and YouTube.

and I've chosen my "top 5" customers very intentionally, after making sure they have a company website (I was sure, and right, but yet checked). All five clients were happy to give me their permission. All of them have a company website address that meets the criterion Fiverr gave. Yet, only 1/5 was approved, pretty much right away, 1/5 was declined after a few weeks, and 3/5 are still pending. So, apparently, at least one of them doesn't meet whatever other criteria Fiverr may have (size of company or something the like, I suppose), which would be kind of okay, if they said so vs "any clients as long as a company website address is available". For example, it can make sense to prefer a smaller company showing on your profile than a big one, if the smaller one fits with a niche that you'd like to get more orders in. Isn't it all about matching? In that case, I'd really appreciate if I could indeed add "any clients as long...". 

Also, since we have to ask the client for permission, obviously, now, in case the "declined" customer asks what happened to that, I'd have to tell them they were "declined". Not looking forward to that at all. And I'm also reluctant to ask another client instead. It's not my favourite pastime to ask people for a favour, and especially not, if it might end like in this one case. 

I'm still hoping for my other 3 getting validated soon, it's been weeks (months?) now, but after the one got declined, I'm not super hopeful, and I'm not sure if I'll want to ask other clients, if these 3 or some of them get declined too. Waiting until they are either validated or declined before I'll make the decision to ask someone instead of the already declined one, too. I was going for a "theme", and also wanted to rather ask regular clients that I really enjoy working with, than maybe a few bigger companies that I didn't do much for yet, and not necessarily for the biggest companies I could find among my customers. If it's just about company size or some other even more elusive criterion, it would have been nice to make that clear, instead of writing, "You can add any clients as long as a company website address is available."

I think it's a great feature, but I'm a bit disappointed, as it is, and will be even more if more of my chosen entries will be declined, especially the other two that would match my "main theme". I chose 3/5 mainly due to the niche, and the other 2/5 to not be "too niche", it was/would be a mix that makes sense for me, and would be good for potential customers that I'm aiming for, to see. 

Good luck to anyone with still pending entries. Maybe it takes so long because it overlapped/overlaps with the Fiverr Business evaluations, and we'll all see some more validated entries in our profiles soon.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

approved within about two hours. I don't know how they would have verified in the amount of time.

(The forum won't let me add another quote as an edit to my above post, sorry.)

My entry that got approved, got approved even faster than that, and it wasn't Fiverr. They can check the company website to see if it matches with what you gave as info and they can check your orders, after all, so I'm guessing that's the verification, as they say they don't approach clients directly (which I think all the clients I asked, did even offer they could do on their own account, by the way). I'm not surprised that they approved Fiverr for you quickly, and I wasn't surprised that they approved my one entry quickly either. 
Maybe if they can see that everything matches up right away, they approve it, and in other cases, for example, if the client doesn't have a username that immediately shows that they own or belong to company x, etc., or they can't see in your orders that you did A, B, and C for that company, as you told them, they put it on hold to get back to eventually. If they have lots to verify, it makes sense to first do the easy cases, so as many sellers as possible will get at least one or two clients verified quickly. But that's just my thoughts, of course. For all I know, they may go through sellers, or clients, in reverse alphabetical order, or after revenue, or whatever.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, miiila said:

My entry that got approved, got approved even faster than that, and it wasn't Fiverr.

Interesting. It seems like whatever they were doing when they could approve quickly ought to be used in other cases, but maybe they just don't have the manpower to do the process.

Or - they have given up on this whole feature, and just never mentioned it to anyone. That's what seems most likely to me, based on the apparent inactivity around getting clients approved.. If that's the case, why not just pull the whole thing.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Or - they have given up on this whole feature, and just never mentioned it to anyone. That's what seems most likely to me, based on the apparent inactivity around getting clients approved.. If that's the case, why not just pull the whole thing.

That, I seriously doubt. It's much too good to give it up. But maybe they need/ed the staff for other Business profile checking stuff, or to fight the telegram scam wave, or to reply to all the sellers who fell prey to those scams and write to support to complain they didn't get paid, or maybe they discovered that some sellers put up entries that were not legitimate, or did not ask the clients for permission, which may have slowed down or delayed the process. In the latter case, they may have to rethink the part about not directly approaching the customer, or check more carefully, ... but in any case, I don't think they'll give up on that feature easily. 

And remember, just recently, we all didn't know if our Business profiles were accepted or not, and suddenly, they started sending out notifications about it, after all. 

image.jpeg.b231486543abda6960bc0dd69495b19b.jpeg

May the Green be with you. 😉 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, miiila said:

It's much too good to give it up.

I agree with this completely. It just seems like there hasn't been much Oomph behind getting this item finished.

5 minutes ago, miiila said:

And remember, just recently, we all didn't know if our Business profiles were accepted or not, and suddenly, they started sending out notifications about it, after all. 

It sure would cut down a lot of "what's going on?" that gets brought up in this forum if someone from the Fiverr teams would enlighten us about what they are doing. But I've worked with programmers in the past, and documenting what they are doing is just not at the top of their "to do" list. 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

It sure would cut down a lot of "what's going on?" that gets brought up in this forum if someone from the Fiverr teams would enlighten us about what they are doing. But I've worked with programmers in the past, and documenting what they are doing is just not at the top of their "to do" list. 🙂

Or it's their way to make sure that there are at least a few interesting topics going on, other than "My impressions are down". 😅

• Like 2
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, miiila said:

I've chosen my "top 5" customers very intentionally, after making sure they have a company website (I was sure, and right, but yet checked). All five clients were happy to give me their permission. All of them have a company website address that meets the criterion Fiverr gave. Yet, only 1/5 was approved, pretty much right away, 1/5 was declined after a few weeks, and 3/5 are still pending.

That is my exact experience. Unlike @anniejenkinson I did not contact the client that was declined.

2 hours ago, miiila said:

So, apparently, at least one of them doesn't meet whatever other criteria Fiverr may have (size of company or something the like, I suppose),

The one that was accepted was a more significant company. But also in my list of suggestions is another larger company, but it was a more recent submission.

• Like 3