Gender is Male, but the profile image is a female. Is it's better to get orders as a newbie?

7 minutes ago, saeedali977 said:

Gender is Male, but the profile image is a female. Is it's better to get orders as a newbie?

No. Using other's picture will get you ban in 5 seconds.

And remove any copyrighted or stolen images from you gig as soon as possible. Anyone can reverse image search and find the original. 

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, saeedali977 said:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations.

To do so is to risk your account!

PS. Read this topic: 

Edited by lloydsolutions
  • Like 7
  • Up 5

17 minutes ago, saeedali977 said:

Why would you think a female would get more orders than a male? If I were a buyer and discovered you were being so dishonest, I would not order from you.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Why would you think a female would get more orders than a male?

I had buyers that specifically told me they bought from a person that had a woman as a picture, but the filename showed the full name of the user, and they were a man. Honestly, especially in the case of "writers", I saw a lot of people doing this, some even hire a "testimonial" gig where they pay a woman to read their description just to make people think that woman is the one writing for them. Which is not the case. I can only assume there are people like this in most verticals.

• Like 8

On 5/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, vickiespencer said:

Why would you think a female would get more orders than a male?

Maybe he's been reading one of the Fiverr blogs or something based on that as that says something similar:

https://blog.fiverr.com/post/women-at-work-a-curated-store-featuring-talented-women-on-fiverr

...women on our platform are out-earning men in more ways than one. Specific statistics include: 

• Globally, women are making more than men on Fiverr. The average earnings for women are 19% higher than the average earnings for men. They are also earning roughly 3% more on a per-project basis than men. 
  • Female freelancers are also receiving more work than men, leading to these higher earnings. In December of 2019, they benefited from 5% more projects from customers than men. And in June of the same year, they received 10% more projects from customers than men.  
  • And the money they are making per month is only going up. From January 2019 to December 2019, their earnings per month increased by 18%. 
Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7

On 5/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, donnovan86 said:

I had buyers that specifically told me they bought from a person that had a woman as a picture, but the filename showed the full name of the user, and they were a man. Honestly, especially in the case of "writers", I saw a lot of people doing this, some even hire a "testimonial" gig where they pay a woman to read their description just to make people think that woman is the one writing for them. Which is not the case. I can only assume there are people like this in most verticals.

I don't understand what is the point of this behavior? 

• Like 6

On 5/3/2022 at 2:14 AM, vickiespencer said:

Why would you think a female would get more orders than a male? If I were a buyer and discovered you were being so dishonest, I would not order from you.

Since beginning of my journey in forum, I knew you're a Handsome Grandpa!

Just 3 days ago, while I was visiting your Fiverr profile, I understood you're Stylish Grandma 😂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Are you saying this image looks like a man and not a woman? 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 6.47.37 PM.png

I was watching the small size profile photo in posts. And maybe because of the name vickie, commonly it's male name in our country. So I was humiliated and always saw a man in your image 😂😂

• Like 6

On 5/2/2022 at 8:55 PM, saeedali977 said:

Short answer - No

Long answer - Nope & there's absolutely no reason to do that. It will hurt your credibility later (even if you escape fiverr's punishment for the misinformation). As soon as you start getting repeat clients, you will understand how painful it is to reveal your actual gender and why falsifying your identity on a platform you plan to use for a very long time is never a good idea. Just one simple false info like this could cost you a client.

There's no filter on the search page that says "choose gender" because it's not a criteria to pick a seller. I don't care how weird/funny your photo or username is, if you have a nice portfolio with good reviews - you get the job!

• Like 10
  • Up 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, gizdesigns said:

There's no filter on the search page that says "choose gender"

Though in the voice over subcategory there's an option for it in the "voice over options" - for the gig (not the seller options). And in the "life coaching" subcategory there's multiple options for the seller's gender in "service options".

• Like 7

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

Though in the voice over subcategory there's an option for it in the "voice over options" - for the gig (not the seller options). And in the "life coaching" subcategory there's multiple options for the seller's gender in "service options".

Yea, I get your point. I haven't checked these categories in a while now, my bad!

I believe If you have a product to sell and want a female voice over for the promotions, it is understandable to filter out the male gender. It's your brand and your preference.

But here's the flip side - If you need the service of a copywriter, you're not just gonna pick a seller because it's a lady or because women write better. A clever buyer will go through the previous reviews first before placing an order. So in reality, the gender doesn't matter in this context. Our profile image on search result is way too tiny to be noticed anyway.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I think we must use our original profile as very professionl firm or person to do the job and why expect more attention as a female, becaus client come to fiverr to grab good seller only not for life partner, we have to respect client and deal as a real person behind the service

• Like 6