Order Resolution Center -> Reduce Order Price Request

We really need a partial refund option. Sometimes buyer order extra things unexpectedly and ask for refund for the extra things. Or sometimes problems happen and buyer & seller comes to agreement with partial refund. But there is no option to do so. 

We need to cancel the current order and run a new order which is a poor way to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We DO NOT need a partial refund option. It'll be used as a gateway for scammers and dishonest people. 

Scammer: I don't like the finish work you delivered. It's not exactly what I wanted.

Seller: I'll revise the work for you.

Scammer: No I don't have time for that. If you agree to a partial refund I'll just cut my loses.

Seller: Ok!

Original price $50

Final price $20

Scammer still uses the work you provided.

🤢

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:51 AM, j6nyc6 said:

We DO NOT need a partial refund option. It'll be used as a gateway for scammers and dishonest people. 

Valid point! 

Also, you can contact CS for additional support. If you have a valid reason to cancel the order, they may do it in a way that it won't affect your seller metrics. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This has been requested so many times by so many people. It is so strange that this isn’t possible, even through support.

I have an order that has been sitting there for almost a year and the client is not responding. I have already delivered 25% of the work (one hour out of four training sessions). This order is so old it predates milestones so that wouldn’t have been possible as a solution.

My options are cancel the whole order and lose the money for the work I’ve already done or wait for the client to get back in touch (they haven’t been on the platform for almost a year, despite me and support trying to contact them). For all I know, they’ll never get back in touch.

If I could just refund them 75% of the order I (and Fiverr) could get paid for my work and we could all just move on with our lives.

Fiverr, please add this.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

If I could just refund them 75% of the order I (and Fiverr) could get paid for my work and we could all just move on with our lives.

It would be a financial nightmare for Fiverr to add this.

Also, think about the repercussions. Fiverr buyers would be able to manipulate the system and even threaten you with a bad review if you don't take a partial refund. There's a reason why this is not an option. I think it's better to organize your gig in such a way so you won't deal with problems like this anymore. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

If you leave it too long, Fiverr will eventually cancel the entire order as abandoned. You cant leave things hanging. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

This has been requested so many times by so many people. It is so strange that this isn’t possible, even through support.

I have an order that has been sitting there for almost a year and the client is not responding. I have already delivered 25% of the work (one hour out of four training sessions). This order is so old it predates milestones so that wouldn’t have been possible as a solution.

My options are cancel the whole order and lose the money for the work I’ve already done or wait for the client to get back in touch (they haven’t been on the platform for almost a year, despite me and support trying to contact them). For all I know, they’ll never get back in touch.

Fiverr, please add this.

@charlsmcfarlane, I had an order that was sitting for several weeks with no contact from the buyer. I had also predelivered part of the order like you did. Fiverr Customer Service canceled the order for me so it wouldn't hurt my seller stats. After three weeks, Fiverr also paid me for the work that I did do (see last post in this thread). I've always found Customer Support very helpful when I run into issues with my buyers. I also learned my lesson to never predeliver an order.

• Like 5

In few cases, when a client wants to cancel the order, they want to make a partial payment. Like if the client wants to pay 100$ rather than 200$ for the actual order price. In this situation, most of the sellers don't have any option in their hands to give the buyer a partial refund. There is a way to create another order, but there is too much hassle. Also, a seller will never generate another order knowing the client will leave bad feedback. In this case, When a buyer initiates to cancel the order, and then clients and the seller comes to a negotiation that the seller will refund 40 or 50% of the money, then Fiverr, client, and seller all will be happy. And there will be a win-win situation for all the parties involved. After the partial refund, that order can be canceled by mutual agreement.( There should not be any opportunity to leave feedback to one another in a partially refunded order as the order will be canceled afterward.) I don't think there will be any financial nightmare for any parties. There are so many platforms have this feature I don't think  those companies in a financial nightmare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've had a situation come up where I wanted to reduce the agreed upon order price on an ongoing order (as a seller of cource). Each time this situation came up (and it came up quite a lot) I had to contact support, and their solution is to open a new order for the lower price, then cancel the old order and deliver on the new order.

For starters, not a single one of my clients agreed to this, because they did not like the idea of placing a secondary order for the same product, even though they were guaranteed the older order would be cancelled and that this benefits them and only them (paying less..) but even a 150$ discount on a 600$ order was not enough of a motivation to do this method.

And also it feels weird having to go through support for such a basic thing... a discount. A very simple and common thing in the world.

Anyways, ye... discounts.

Edited by mattcoh
  • Like 2

If this is something you experience frequently, you should re-consider your pre-order communication. You should agree on a rate and offering before the order is set up. If the buyer placed the order directly from your gig page, something is more than likely wrong with your gig description, packages and/or pricing. 

If you want to offer discounts, you should do so in your original offer, or if you have Seller Plus, use Coupons. 

If I sign a client contract outside of Fiverr, and we agree that I will do X, Y and Z for X amount of money, I'm gonna hold my client to that deal. If they come asking for a discount later on, I'll refer to the contract that they've signed. 

A Fiverr order is no different. 

• Like 1

This is sort of illustrative of a larger problem though, which is that Fiverr apparently has no system in place to deal with billing issues without making it the sellers problem as well, and that's kind of silly.

I had a client last week who wanted to change their billing method (swap out credit cards, basically), and Fiverr's solution was to contact me directly and ask if I would agree to cancel the order so that the buyer could place the same order again but with a different card.

That... shouldn't be how that works, but for some reason, it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 5:27 PM, donnovan86 said:

It would be a financial nightmare for Fiverr to add this.

Also, think about the repercussions. Fiverr buyers would be able to manipulate the system and even threaten you with a bad review if you don't take a partial refund. There's a reason why this is not an option. I think it's better to organize your gig in such a way so you won't deal with problems like this anymore. 

Surely threatening someone with a bad review is against the terms of service and would simply be reported?

On 7/21/2022 at 1:38 AM, vickieito said:

@charlsmcfarlane, I had an order that was sitting for several weeks with no contact from the buyer. I had also predelivered part of the order like you did. Fiverr Customer Service canceled the order for me so it wouldn't hurt my seller stats. After three weeks, Fiverr also paid me for the work that I did do (see last post in this thread). I've always found Customer Support very helpful when I run into issues with my buyers. I also learned my lesson to never predeliver an order.

I have always found Fiverr support to be really helpful too. I have tried several times to resolve this though and not had any luck. Perhaps I'll try again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Surely threatening someone with a bad review is against the terms of service and would simply be reported?

You can report them of course. I was just stating that partial refunds would definitely be a problem and they won't really be a solution here on Fiverr. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...