The buyer want me to refund half the amount because I delivered Late!

comp_sciencepro

I was working on a night shift I could not deliver the work on time I explained it to the buyer, I delivered the work today after it was like 8 hours late now the buyer wants to cancel the order but if I refused the first two canceling requests from the buyer, he now wants me to refund half the amount what can I do I have explained to him that is not possible if if I wanted.

I am new on here can someone explain to me what should I do the client might be right he does not require the work or maybe he will still have my work and use it he says 'I do not require the work anymore''

I have hide the username of the buyer for data privacy policy

situation.PNG

Edited by comp_sciencepro
to remove the username of the buyer
  • Like 4

Dip is he request a cancellation before you delivered an order or after you delivered it? 

Well, you are in a pickle, even though you were working your shift you didn’t keep your side of a contract which is to deliver your order on time and it very well might be that your buyer doesn’t need this anymore. 
Don’t be surprised when buyers don’t hold their side of the contract after you were the first one to break the contract. 
It’s up to you if you want to cancel, if you want to keep full order or get a partial payment. 
if you decide to go for partial payment then tell him that the only way to do so is to place a new order for 40$ and after that you will mutually cancel the original order and he will be refunded and that’s the procedure recommended by fiverr CS. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Also, don't make things too hard for yourself. Set your delivery times so that you can handle them, and look into limiting orders in queue, setting your account unavailable, and pausing Gigs to juggle your Fiverr account and your other duties. 

You'll find info about those features in the Fiverr Help Center (via Help & Support link in the footer and from your profile pic drop-down, or just Google it). Lots of important "technical" info in there.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

Dip is he request a cancellation before you delivered an order or after you delivered it? 

Well, you are in a pickle, even though you were working your shift you didn’t keep your side of a contract which is to deliver your order on time and it very well might be that your buyer doesn’t need this anymore. 
Don’t be surprised when buyers don’t hold their side of the contract after you were the first one to break the contract. 
It’s up to you if you want to cancel, if you want to keep full order or get a partial payment. 
if you decide to go for partial payment then tell him that the only way to do so is to place a new order for 40$ and after that you will mutually cancel the original order and he will be refunded and that’s the procedure recommended by fiverr CS. 

Thanks 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, miiila said:

Also, don't make things too hard for yourself. Set your delivery times so that you can handle them, and look into limiting orders in queue, setting your account unavailable, and pausing Gigs to juggle your Fiverr account and your other duties. 

You'll find info about those features in the Fiverr Help Center (via Help & Support link in the footer and from your profile pic drop-down, or just Google it). Lots of important "technical" info in there.

Welcome to the forum.

Oh thanks I will actual use the feature incase I need it 

• Like 2