Do you ever get buyers who don't read the description?

cjhen83

I’m fairly new to fiverr but the sales are finally rolling in. However, I’ve noticed that at least half of my sales have come from buyers who seem to not have read the gig description at all. Now I’m not one to turn away business, but I’ve had to do a couple of mutual cancellations which I don’t like to do. How do some of you sellers deal with making sure people actually read your gig so that you don’t have to tackle subject matter that you’re not familiar with which ultimately prolongs the gig delivery.

The main problem I see (I am assuming you are talking about the 400 word original article here) is that the name of your Gig needs to be changed. Call it something like ‘write 400 words on internet marketing’ instead. That should help you out a bit. Plus it will help people searching for that specific Gig.

Also your tags write articles and article writing is a bit deceiving. Hope that helps you a bit.

Reply to @eclients: Some great info here that I’ll take into account. I didn’t realize the title and tags were causing the confusion. I was simply trying to attract as much traffic as possible. Now I know that half the buyers don’t even read the description

I’ve never had anyone actually buy a gig without reading the description, but I did have a buyer want me to do something that was totally out of the scope of my gig. Luckily he messaged me (twice) asking me to do this, and I politely refused (twice) saying it’s not in my gig description.

Like others have said, be specific as possible with your gig so if there is a problem, there’s a better chance customer service will take your side in a dispute.

Archived