How do I put a video as the primary thumbnail?

idkevin

Question

Adding a video
Under the Gallery tab, from the Create a New Gig process, you can add a video to your Gig. You can either drag and drop or browse for a file on your computer.

When a buyer searches the marketplace, the video you upload will appear as the Gig cover image. To adjust this thumbnail:

1. While in Gig Edit mode > Gallery > Video > Edit
  2. Press Play > Pause the video on the desired frame > Set as preview > Close

Note: To adjust your video's thumbnail, your video must be approved first.

The above is from the Help Centre. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

it’s ok 🙂

One way I like to make my videos is by using stock footage, text effects, keyframes(look it up it looks professional in video and is easy to make), and screen recorded footage. I put it all together in Final Cut Pro, or I am not sure what you can use for Windows. iMove works too but I don’t think you can do keyframes and certain effects. In the end though, it depends on your gig. If you have a voiceover gig, provide voice samples, or a legal gig like mine, I made a commercial as to why they need my gig for their business.

• Like 1

If you add a video, it automatically becomes the primary and that’s what you have right now.

image.png.bec1e807b90f3ea7d9c9ffa1b3dd9944.png

When you’re logged into your account, you wouldn’t see that as it is, click the preview public mode button on the profile page so you can see how others see your profile/gigs.

• Like 1

If you add a video, it automatically becomes the primary and that’s what you have right now.

When you’re logged into your account, you wouldn’t see that as it is, click the preview public mode button on the profile page so you can see how others see your profile/gigs.

Ah you’re right! That’s exactly what I was doing lol

Thanks 🙂

I would like to set a photo I have already uploaded as my gig’s primary image but even having selected it as primary (little star icon in the bottom left) my video thumbnail is still shown as the first thing clients see when viewing my gig. Is there any way to change this?

Edited by mario_scuderi
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I uploaded a video to my gig and it automatically became the main thumbnail that shows up in the search.

For some reason, it just shows a black frame instead of the first frame of the video that has picture in it. However, when I go to my Profile, I can still see my gig with the cover photo that I originally picked before uploading the video. 

In my gig's settings, I can still see that my previous photo is selected as the "primary", yet the video is what everyone sees when searching for services.Does anyone know how to change it so that it doesn't show just black?

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 8.50.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 8.50.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 8.50.24 AM.png

• Like 14

Hi, everyone.

I am an artist and I added videos to my gigs, but I realised on mobile, my gig thumbnails become the video's thumbnail. I want to set the primary photos as the gig thumbnail. But I couldn't find a way to do it. Is there a way to change the thumbnail to my primary photo back, or the only way would be adding primary photo to video an set that frame as the preview?

Waiting for your answers.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, belukha said:

adding primary photo to video an set that frame as the preview

That's how I did all of my gig videos! The primary gig image was made the first slide in my gig video. Once my gig video was uploaded, I changed my primary images.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

That's how I did all of my gig videos! The primary gig image was made the first slide in my gig video. Once my gig video was uploaded, I changed my primary images.

Okay, then I need to change the videos. Thank you for your help.

I think fiverr needs to let us choose what will be our thumbnail...

• Like 11

11 hours ago, belukha said:

I think fiverr needs to let us choose what will be our thumbnail...

Add the thumbnail picture into your video and set it as the preview.

1. Edit Gig, go to Gallery and click the icon as shown below:

image.png.b99c29cc8b42e08beb18adf7d30bc1ae.png

2. Play the video to the marked thumbnail and set it as a preview image.

image.png.693c6bde734dc995d74beddddb2a1ec6.png

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2