I CAN'T DESCRIBE THE SITUATION I'M GOING THROUGH TO BE HONEST

basamgad

Hey Guys so I think there's a huge problem connected to the cash on advance feature
as well as a promoted gig,

I had used the cash on advance feature almost 3 times and
every time I had used it I don't why but somehow my gig promoted feature must be disabled 
for months without a significant reason even and then I have to wait for almost a while 
not know when my promoted gig feature will work once again.

keep in mind as the new algorithm right now if your gig is not qualified for promotion no matter how good 
your rates are or which seller level you even have,

it's all started on (Nov 13, 2021) 
when I used the cash in advance feature and took around an advance worth (1500$ that has to pay with 1700$)
after a couple of weeks from this advance I took it back the same problem happened which is my promoted gig feature
got disabled.

Not only that I almost struggled for around 5-6 months with no order at all as my gig is ranked almost 
in the last page (Keep in mind when my promoted gig feature is on, my gig is ranked  on the first page).

Then it's going back again on 5 of the last march, everything seems good and I even start to get around 3-5 orders a day, as well as 
delivering in time with good quality work and also good ratings back from customers,

then a customer just scammed me he orders a video I did exactly what he wants he has requested a cancellation when I told him I will 
keep to revising the video no matter what but he seemed he wants to scam as I already uploaded the delivery on 
A google drive link which means he got the video without a fiver protection watermark then I accept the cancellation
and all of my rates related to (response time, delivered on time, and so on was 100) expect the Order completion rate 
after the cancellation,

he went down from 100% to 97% or 96% can't remember well (keep in mind it's 98% right now)
I contacted the support but no matter what they still giving the same message which is to keep delivering orders 
from your returned clients and it will be fixed soon and exactly what I'm doing but sadly no matter what
nothing changes at all

and it's been a month since my promoted gig feature is not working as well as I contacted one of your support team recently and she said that my promoted gig is working just fine,

which it's not working at all I will even provide a screenshot as it's not a visual issue from my side or something, I logged in from different browsers but I can 
still that my promoted gig is not working,

lastly guys there a debt of 1700$ that I paid almost 700$ from it, but I don't know why
I'm always feeling like Fiverr want to drop me out of the site guys i mean I work here for two Years making good money for both of us 
as well as this is my full-time job so I take it seriously for sure!

P.S: I will provide Screenshots as well to prove some of my words

SS1.PNG

SS3.PNG

SS4.PNG

SS6.PNG

Edited by basamgad
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, basamgad said:

Not only that I almost struggled for around 5-6 months with no order at all as my gig is ranked almost 
in the last page (Keep in mind when my promoted gig feature is on, my gig is ranked  on the first page).

You got it wrong. It’s not the promoted feature causing your gigs to go down, it’s your performance and your gig that makes you unqualified for promotion. 

Promoted feature is build on top of your gigs and on top of your performance, not the way around. 
You might have good visible stats but fiverr has a lot of hidden stats and hidden reviews from buyers, even one not so good private review can make your performance drop and make your gigs unqualified for promotion. 
Unqualified for promotion is just an indication that your performance dropped, not the cause. Your ranking depends on your performance and if your performance is lower then promoted feature also will be disabled 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, basamgad said:

I contacted one of your support team recently and she said that my promoted gig is working just fine,

Forum users are typically sellers and/or buyers, not Fiverr staff, so it's not our support team (it's our support teams as much as it's your support team).

And creating multiple tickets on the same topic could eventually make Customer Support block you as a spammer.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

You got it wrong. It’s not the promoted feature causing your gigs to go down, it’s your performance and your gig that makes you unqualified for promotion. 

Promoted feature is build on top of your gigs and on top of your performance, not the way around. 
You might have good visible stats but fiverr has a lot of hidden stats and hidden reviews from buyers, even one not so good private review can make your performance drop and make your gigs unqualified for promotion. 
Unqualified for promotion is just an indication that your performance dropped, not the cause. Your ranking depends on your performance and if your performance is lower then promoted feature also will be disabled 

thats same thing but will that really go again in that feature for promote ? 

• Like 5

On 4/30/2022 at 11:15 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Since the promoted gig feature came around as long as my gig is qualified even though i'm not promote it i found i got a good number of imps but as soon as it's unqualified it's not ranked at all, regardless my performance i have alot of returning clients as well as good rates that a factor to proof what i'm trying to point it out here

• Like 5

On 4/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, catwriter said:

Forum users are typically sellers and/or buyers, not Fiverr staff, so it's not our support team (it's our support teams as much as it's your support team).

And creating multiple tickets on the same topic could eventually make Customer Support block you as a spammer.

I'm not sure what you are trying to proof, but support team eventually should helping me or we can at least work togather to solve the problem? 

• Like 5

Since the promoted gig feature came around as long as my gig is qualified even though i'm not promote it i found i got a good number of imps but as soon as it's unqualified it's not ranked at all

Looks like you didn’t understand what I wrote. 
Of course if your gig is qualified it means that your performance is good and you will be getting good number of impressions as it’s built on top of your gigs performance. 
And if your performance is getting lower then your impressions go down and you get a notification that your gigs are not qualified anymore. 
promoted gigs is NOT A CAUSE, unqualified promoted feature is just an INDICATION. 

regardless my performance i have alot of returning clients as well as good rates that a factor to proof what i'm trying to point it out here

No that’s not a proof. That’s just of of the metrics. As I said there are a lot of hidden metrics on fiverr and even hidden reviews. 

but support team eventually should helping me or we can at least work togather to solve the problem? 

It’s a problem for you not for support team. They can’t do anything to make your performance better and they can’t adjust it manually even if you asked. Not sure what help you want there when your gig ranking is automatic and done by fiverr algorithm not the support team and when your performance is down then it triggers an automatic promotion disqualification. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, basamgad said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to proof, but support team eventually should helping me or we can at least work togather to solve the problem? 

I didn't try to prove anything. I'm pointing out that you were addressing forum users as if we were Fiverr staff or Fiverr owners (when you said "I contacted one of your support team recently", as if we somehow own the support team), which isn't the case. We're just sellers like yourself.

And I also warned you that creating multiple tickets on the same topic could eventually get you blocked from contacting support. Keep your conversation with them within the same ticket.

On top of everything, @mariashtelle1is right, it's a performance issue, and Customer Support can't improve your performance.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:00 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Of course if your gig is qualified it means that your performance is good and you will be getting good number of impressions as it’s built on top of your gigs performance. 
And if your performance is getting lower then your impressions go down and you get a notification that your gigs are not qualified anymore. 
promoted gigs is NOT A CAUSE, unqualified promoted feature is just an INDICATION. 

No that’s not a proof. That’s just of of the metrics. As I said there are a lot of hidden metrics on fiverr and even hidden reviews. 

It’s a problem for you not for support team. They can’t do anything to make your performance better and they can’t adjust it manually even if you asked. Not sure what help you want there when your gig ranking is automatic and done by fiverr algorithm not the support team and when your performance is down then it triggers an automatic promotion disqualification. 

not sure why you are 100% sure that my performance is that bad? i can't get it honestly. i'm totally understand that point and also understand how performance is a big factor for the impressions, but seems you insisted that my performance it's not good at all without any background of how much of clients i'm always meet their satisfaction with my service

• Like 4

On 5/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, catwriter said:

I didn't try to prove anything. I'm pointing out that you were addressing forum users as if we were Fiverr staff or Fiverr owners (when you said "I contacted one of your support team recently", as if we somehow own the support team), which isn't the case. We're just sellers like yourself.

And I also warned you that creating multiple tickets on the same topic could eventually get you blocked from contacting support. Keep your conversation with them within the same ticket.

On top of everything, @mariashtelle1is right, it's a performance issue, and Customer Support can't improve your performance.

Firstly, I didn't mention anything related to we "own the support team" not sure why you are saying that. I mean if my performance really that bad i wasn't even gone speak about anything at all, but i'm talking about a point that my performance is so good, but still no changes at all

• Like 4

On 5/2/2022 at 2:00 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

I mean check the promoted gig tags topics, you will found a tons of sellers facing the same problem as me I'm totally understand the algorithm but it's even possible to performance affect my imps from around 20k a week imps to at least 120? (I used to had that number when the promoted gig feature wasn't in Fiverr yet) in same mean time I'm kept on deliver a good quality orders for my returning clients but nothing changes at all, what I'm trying to point out here is a real problem not caused about my performance at all.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, basamgad said:

what I'm trying to point out here is a real problem not caused about my performance at all.

You don’t know what your clients write in private hidden reviews and sometimes it’s very different from public reviews. Drop in your impressions it’s always because of the performance. Even ONE not so good hidden review can affect you. 
I saw all those topics and honestly all of the people has something in their performance aka cancellation, bad reviews, long response times etc. but all of them believed that something is wrong with algorithm and not them. 

You are welcome to believe what you want to believe but it’s not a fiverr bug. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, basamgad said:

Firstly, I didn't mention anything related to we "own the support team" not sure why you are saying that.

You said your support team.

Whose support team, if you were addressing regular forum users?

8 hours ago, basamgad said:

I mean if my performance really that bad

The thing is, you can't really know how good or bad your performance is, because the biggest factor is the hidden review, and you have no way of knowing what the hidden reviews about your work say.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

You don’t know what your clients write in private hidden reviews and sometimes it’s very different from public reviews. Drop in your impressions it’s always because of the performance. Even ONE not so good hidden review can affect you. 
I saw all those topics and honestly all of the people has something in their performance aka cancellation, bad reviews, long response times etc. but all of them believed that something is wrong with algorithm and not them. 

You are welcome to believe what you want to believe but it’s not a fiverr bug. 

Exactly everyone can believe what he wants. But from my own perspective it's not on my side at all. Have a great day.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, catwriter said:

You said your support team.

Whose support team, if you were addressing regular forum users?

The thing is, you can't really know how good or bad your performance is, because the biggest factor is the hidden review, and you have no way of knowing what the hidden reviews about your work say.

That's what is making thing a bit harder, that hidden metrics is the one that i think algorithm rely on those hidden metrics not the public ones at all. In the mean time all i can do is doing my best as i don't think there anything else can be done.

• Like 4

I really feel for you. I am also still trying to figure out the new Algorithm because certainly, something has changed. This platform is not the same anymore, and if you are not aggressive enough as a seller, you will eventually lose business and return to being broke.

I will advise you the same way I did to myself because our issues are almost similar. I told myself I would start working hard and being aggressive on the site - bidding on buyer requests as much as possible. And when I get the chance to work, I produce high-quality work and get 5-star reviews only. I am happy that I was able to promote my gig again a few days ago, and I even got another of my gigs to qualify for promotions. Finally, always try to talk kindly to customers no matter how wrong they are. I suspect the protection we get as sellers is far less. I have been burned by rogue clients before, and now I pray I don't come across one like that in the future. But the good thing is not many of the clients are rogue. It's just that the only one who messes an order for you can get you badly punished by the algorithm.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ken87ken said:

I really feel for you. I am also still trying to figure out the new Algorithm because certainly, something has changed. This platform is not the same anymore, and if you are not aggressive enough as a seller, you will eventually lose business and return to being broke.

I will advise you the same way I did to myself because our issues are almost similar. I told myself I would start working hard and being aggressive on the site - bidding on buyer requests as much as possible. And when I get the chance to work, I produce high-quality work and get 5-star reviews only. I am happy that I was able to promote my gig again a few days ago, and I even got another of my gigs to qualify for promotions. Finally, always try to talk kindly to customers no matter how wrong they are. I suspect the protection we get as sellers is far less. I have been burned by rogue clients before, and now I pray I don't come across one like that in the future. But the good thing is not many of the clients are rogue. It's just that the only one who messes an order for you can get you badly punished by the algorithm.

Thank you for clarify the whole situation right here, you literally know exactly the way we struggle. And yes that all i can do this days is always work harder then ever even if the budget for the project is less then the quality i can provide, i never ever worked this way as long as i have a project i put everything i can in it, never looked about if it had less budget that mean less work. and yeah the new algorithm did much damage for us, hoping that i got my promoting feature again!

• Like 4