Wrong Gig Order!

imamiopial

Hello everyone,

So recently a buyer quote me on a gig to talk about his work (UI Design) and we discussed everything in detail and was discussing pricing at the end, The calculated pricing for his work was $50 but he was very tight with his budget so he refused so I asked his budget and offered an exception for him. His budget was around $25 and I agreed to 10 screens and asked him to order on that $25 standard package but for some reason he browse to my other gig related with same work and ordered 10$ package which was also named standard package but was whole different gig. So I mentioned it to him that it's the wrong gig and he said "start the work I will give you tip" and I though maybe he made a mistake and will give me the amount that I agreed ($25). 

So after finishing work after 22 hours I deliver the work with 13 screens which is extra to fulfill his work requirements for that tight budget. I asked for anything close to $30 is fine as he is on a budget, So after some time he accepted the work and added $5 tip.
I was in shock and realized that he won't pay for the work not even up to his budget he mentioned for the work ($25), Instead I received $15 and further he added that he might want revision later and then I explained to him that he ordered from the wrong gig and I mentioned that to him before starting the work but he refused to pay and probably blocked me as it says "username" not accepting any messages and I was unable to visit his profile.

So, 
Things I want to know after this experience: 

• Was canceling the order the better option and if yes won't it affect my profile ranking and gig ranking?
  • Was completing the work based on gig requirements the better option and if yes the buyer will not receive what he is searching for and probably leave a bad review for buyer's mistake of choosing the right gig, Is that fair?
  • Is showing kindness and giving out extra free work for buyers a bad trait on Fiverr?

This was a heartbreaking experience for me,
I would love to hear your thoughts and tips on this to improve myself so that I can stay away from these incidents.

Thank you for taking your precious time and reading my post,
Stay Safe.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, imamiopial said:

probably blocked me as it says "username" not accepting any messages and I was unable to visit his profile.

Take his profile link and open it in another browser where you are not logged in. If the profile is active yes, he blocked you.

• Like 11

According to my opinion, If you a new guy to fiverr, don't make any argument with your clients. First you must getting know how to deal with a buyer. try to make a mutual relationship with your clients. some people are really tough. before earn dollars your must earn your buyer bro. Don't disappointed about this case. If he leave a bad review, it's hard to recover. Don't try to cancel any order if you don't have fair reason. it will affect to your gig rating. If you have such type of situation, contact cs asap.
You have to sacrifice your time and sleep if your need to become a good seller on fiverr. because this is a huge arena. if you want to become a good fighter in there, You have to earn it intelligently. 

Don't give-up. "Don't work hard, Work smart" Do your job very well.

• Like 9

Cancelation is bad impact for your GIG, but for 60 days only!
If fact you do not need show that you are helpful unnecessarily. Practice through professionality. A good buyer/client would never looking for free work Or, your kindness, but Professionality, in my sense.
In case, bad things will happen for your experience. So, try to fixed on your principles/strategy. If you don't have any fault, Fiverr support also can be helpful!
 I have many more bad experience that you can't imagine ever 😅

Go ahead! only .50% people are bad/negative, the rest of them are waiting for you...

• Like 10
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, naturaleditorbd said:

Exactly it is a shock for you. In the future, if you get any kind of wrong order please don't work at all. I hope you get a teach by the wrong order.
Best wishes to you.

Hey naturaleditorbd, 
Thank you for leaving your valuable advice, Really appreciate it!

Yes, I will try to avoid wrong orders from now on.

Stay safe.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Take his profile link and open it in another browser where you are not logged in. If the profile is active yes, he blocked you.

Hey donnovan86, 

Thank you for sharing that suggestion, I just tried that and he actually did block me as I could see his profile on a different browser with my 5 star review on it.
I will try to be more cautious from now on.

Really appreciate you stopping by and helping out!

Take care,
Stay safe.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, gigzlogo said:

According to my opinion, If you a new guy to fiverr, don't make any argument with your clients. First you must getting know how to deal with a buyer. try to make a mutual relationship with your clients. some people are really tough. before earn dollars your must earn your buyer bro. Don't disappointed about this case. If he leave a bad review, it's hard to recover. Don't try to cancel any order if you don't have fair reason. it will affect to your gig rating. If you have such type of situation, contact cs asap.
You have to sacrifice your time and sleep if your need to become a good seller on fiverr. because this is a huge arena. if you want to become a good fighter in there, You have to earn it intelligently. 

Don't give-up. "Don't work hard, Work smart" Do your job very well.

Hey gigzlogo, 

These are some really valuable advice, I'm taking notes on them. I am actually following a lot of what you said and hoping for the best but as you said some people will be really hard to cope with and I don't put myself as a cherry on top as I have to utilize and identify my errors and mistakes also in order to grow.

Thank you for these amazing advice and motivation, These really keeps me going, really appreciate you stopping by and helping out!

Take care,
Stay safe.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, tanmay310 said:

Cancelation is bad impact for your GIG, but for 60 days only!
If fact you do not need show that you are helpful unnecessarily. Practice through professionality. A good buyer/client would never looking for free work Or, your kindness, but Professionality, in my sense.
In case, bad things will happen for your experience. So, try to fixed on your principles/strategy. If you don't have any fault, Fiverr support also can be helpful!
 I have many more bad experience that you can't imagine ever 😅

Go ahead! only .50% people are bad/negative, the rest of them are waiting for you...

Hey tanmay310, 

These are really some helpful insights and I totally agree with you about being professional rather than show kindness, I will try to improve myself more and will try to be more professional with clients.

I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experiences, I hope our bad experiences improve us and make us capable to handle these situations in future more effectively.

Really appreciate you stopping by and helping out!

Take care,
Stay safe.

• Like 7

On 4/29/2022 at 10:36 PM, imamiopial said:

It comes as a complete surprise to you. If you receive any kind of incorrect order in the future, please do not work at all. I'm hoping you're given a lesson in the wrong order.
Best of luck to you.

• Like 7

On 4/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, imamiopial said:

he said "start the work I will give you tip

Don't trust people who say that. If they really intend to pay the amount you discussed, there is absolutely no reason that they don't pay it right away, since Fiverr keeps their money in escrow until you deliver and beyond (14 days safety clearance period).

If they "accidentally" order the wrong gig, and suggest to pay the rest through a tip, you can tell them it's no problems that they accidentally ordered the wrong gig, and that you'll send them a Gig extra that covers the rest up to the amount you agreed to.

If they don't react positively to that, and won't pay up, chances that they also won't pay up later in form of a tip, are high, and you can ask support to cancel that order for you. Like that, they also hopefully will notice if the user habitually does that, eventually.

That behaviour is kind of a "soft blackmailing tactic", they know they'll get by with it often, because so many sellers are afraid of cancellations.

It's one thing to have a budget, and if you agree to their budget even if it's below your actual price, that's your decision, but to "accidentally" order the wrong gig and to want to pay the missing amount as a tip instead of per a gig extra, is another thing, that doesn't have to do with being on a budget.

Also keep in mind that their budget is their issue, and you can buy don't have to adapt to it, and that if they are a business, what they pay you isn't their grocery money but a business expense. Usually people like that are resellers, and simply want to get the highest margin out of it as possible, which, sadly, some of them try to do not just by asking for discounts, but with methods like "accidentally" ordering the wrong gig, and promising tips they won't pay.

We all learn a few lessons here... 

You'll develop a feeling for such things and tacticians, and people. 

If you haven't already, please do read the articles in Fiverr's Seller and Buyer Help Center. When you know how everything works, technically, and which options you have (like sending a "Custom Gig Extra" to top up an order amount in case of accidental or "accidental" orders of the wrong gig/package, or additional work not covered by your gig or package), you're far better prepared in advance for any situation you'll eventually encounter, and even can avoid some problems completely.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, ashikur_dev said:

Hey ashikur_dev, 

Yes absolutely, I've learned my lesson and will be more careful with these kinds of situations in future.

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your valuable tips.

Take care,
Stay safe.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, miiila said:

Don't trust people who say that. If they really intend to pay the amount you discussed, there is absolutely no reason that they don't pay it right away, since Fiverr keeps their money in escrow until you deliver and beyond (14 days safety clearance period).

If they "accidentally" order the wrong gig, and suggest to pay the rest through a tip, you can tell them it's no problems that they accidentally ordered the wrong gig, and that you'll send them a Gig extra that covers the rest up to the amount you agreed to.

If they don't react positively to that, and won't pay up, chances that they also won't pay up later in form of a tip, are high, and you can ask support to cancel that order for you. Like that, they also hopefully will notice if the user habitually does that, eventually.

That behaviour is kind of a "soft blackmailing tactic", they know they'll get by with it often, because so many sellers are afraid of cancellations.

It's one thing to have a budget, and if you agree to their budget even if it's below your actual price, that's your decision, but to "accidentally" order the wrong gig and to want to pay the missing amount as a tip instead of per a gig extra, is another thing, that doesn't have to do with being on a budget.

Also keep in mind that their budget is their issue, and you can buy don't have to adapt to it, and that if they are a business, what they pay you isn't their grocery money but a business expense. Usually people like that are resellers, and simply want to get the highest margin out of it as possible, which, sadly, some of them try to do not just by asking for discounts, but with methods like "accidentally" ordering the wrong gig, and promising tips they won't pay.

We all learn a few lessons here... 

You'll develop a feeling for such things and tacticians, and people. 

If you haven't already, please do read the articles in Fiverr's Seller and Buyer Help Center. When you know how everything works, technically, and which options you have (like sending a "Custom Gig Extra" to top up an order amount in case of accidental or "accidental" orders of the wrong gig/package, or additional work not covered by your gig or package), you're far better prepared in advance for any situation you'll eventually encounter, and even can avoid some problems completely.

Hey miiila

You're 100% accurate and shared some valuable info for new sellers like me. I am a very agreeable person but I'll be more cautious from now on with clients and will absolutely use all the features you mentioned to add up the actual amounts.

I hope others facing similar problems with get substantial amount of benefit reading what you wrote.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge and valuable tips, This will surely benefit the Fiverr community.

Thank you very much and take care,
Stay safe.

• Like 8