Fiverr demoted my badge level for no reason

silberma1976

Fiverr demoted account to level 1 from level 2 for no reason. I recently earned Level 2 badge (10 days back). I created a gig yesterday. Today, in the morning I just changed the title. Before the title of my gig was "guest post on livemint at lowest price". I have edited the title as "sponsored post on livemint da 83, traffic 21million". As the website traffic of livemint.com is 21 Million and its Domain authority is 83. I don't understand what is wrong in this title and why did the denied my gig and demoted my account to level 1. 

I have been asking them about the issue. But none from Fiverr team is responding to my question. Is it wrong to mention website stats? 

Please answer.

Edited by silberma1976
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silberma1976 said:

Is it wrong to mention website stats?

I think the problem (I am theorizing here) might be that the system percieved you as promising to deliver a specific amount of traffic, and auto-demoted you as a penalty. As we all know, that's not a statement or service that Fiverr supports -- (i.e., anything that promises a specific level of traffic, followers, etc). Unfortuantely, CS really is the only source for a definitive answer, and the best you may be able to hope for, is a response from then -- whenever/if ever they choose to provide it.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, irshan_cool said:

Fiver level promotion and demotion will be depends on your statistics and not depends on the Gig title. Check your stats that you will find out.

I think you are new to fiverr. There is still a lot of time for next evaluation. And you have a very little knowledge about their actions. Answer me only if you know.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I think the problem (I am theorizing here) might be that the system percieved you as promising to deliver a specific amount of traffic, and auto-demoted you as a penalty. As we all know, that's not a statement or service that Fiverr supports -- (i.e., anything that promises a specific level of traffic, followers, etc). Unfortuantely, CS really is the only source for a definitive answer, and the best you may be able to hope for, is a response from then -- whenever/if ever they choose to provide it.

I have been requesting them to respond. But CS not responding since a day. In this case, I did not promise to the clients that I am gonna bring specific traffic to their websites, neither Instagram followers. What I mentioned is that I am gonna publish their post on livemint.com which has 21 million semrush traffic. I think this action has been taken by bot. But not the team members. I feel like its an error.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, silberma1976 said:

In this case, I did not promise to the clients that I am gonna bring specific traffic to their websites, neither Instagram followers.

I'm not saying that you did, but rather pointing out that the automated system may have assumed the words you used -- "traffic 21 million" -- was a traffic-driving promise. Automated systems make mistakes, since they cannot rationalize and assess true meanings from word combinations.

40 minutes ago, silberma1976 said:

What I mentioned is that I am gonna publish their post on livemint.com which has 21 million semrush traffic.

Like I said, perhaps the automated system, which is on the lookout for traffic promises, misunderstood your intended meaning, and that may have been why you were automatically penalized. Your only resolution, at this point, is to wait for a response from CS -- even if it takes longer than you would like.

42 minutes ago, silberma1976 said:

I think this action has been taken by bot.

It most likely was.

42 minutes ago, silberma1976 said:

I feel like its an error.

I don't dispute this either. But the only people who have the power to resolved this are CS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think that Jon's theory is very probable and it's an automated thing due to so many sellers promising things they can't realistically guarantee. 

If it's not that, a possibility might be that they don't think it's okay for you to write that in your title because it's about a third party, and you don't really have control over that, in the sense that you don't own livemint, and they might terminate your possibility to post there anytime, for all Fiverr knows. It's also possible that they don't think the title fits their current title guidelines/the often-quoted "editorial focus", maybe not matter-of-factly or professional/business-like enough, too hype. 

But, as Jon said, we can only speculate. Let us know what they'll reply, please, I'm curious.

Edited by miiila
(ETA: Sorry for the big font at the end, no idea how that happened, wasn't on purpose.)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1