Paid Fiverr reviews and clicks?

matty_bates

Question

I haven't looked into it yet - just seen a few people promoting this service on a couple of Fiverr groups. I guess these people somehow have access to a bunch of Fiverr accounts who will order jobs from you at minimum price limit, which you then refund, and leave great reviews. I mean without even talking to any of these people, I'm assuming it is exactly that. It can only be that, I guess.

First of, is that legal, for want of a better word? I mean does it break any Fiverr rules? I am guessing it does and if so, I will avoid it like the plague, dont worry. I am all about staying within the rules.

If it isn't against any Fiverr rules, has anyone tried the service and is it worth it?

If it is somehow fine owing to some loophole or something, I guess its worth looking at? I have tried everything else in the four months I have had a seller account and my gigs are doing nothing. I have followed all tips and advice, the prices are on the floor to encourage new business which leads to organic reviews, wrote and re-wrote each gig carefully, keywords checked and triple checked, posted on various social media and even punted out a few hundred cold emails, so I honestly have put effort into pushing my gigs but the impressions and clicks are hysterically low lol. I figured maybe there is a way to promote my gigs through outlaying expense, and in the process of looking noticed this paid review thing.

Just need to know if its 'legal' or not and if its worth it.

Thanks

Matty

• Like 8

9 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, matty_bates said:

If it is somehow fine owing to some loophole or something, I guess its worth looking at?

First of all, it is not allowed. 
Secondly there is no loophole, they can buy reviews but that wouldn’t change much. If they have to refund the order then their stats are affected and fiverr algorithm sees it as bad performance therefore their gig still will be pushed back in search even if they have a review. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

19 minutes ago, matty_bates said:

Just need to know if its 'legal' or not and if its worth it.

If you'd read the TOS, you would know (I mean, honestly, you already do) that it's VERY much against the rules. Basically, you are paying someone to lie about you working for them. That could NEVER be accepted on any site (let alone one that actually deals with money.) I would stay far away from these groups. The reviews are pretty easy to spot (and often copy-pasted, I saw a lot while looking for sellers to help me with this or that) and will likely get you booted off the site while they keep all the money. 

It's a good thing that you asked this without going through with it at first (because I bet these fakes will say 'oh yeah sure, 100% legal' if you ask.) It's not.  
(I mean, is it against the law, making it illegal illegal - not sure. But it's definitely against the TOS.)

• Like 6
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

First of all, it is not allowed. 
Secondly there is no loophole, they can buy reviews but that wouldn’t change much. If they have to refund the order then their stats are affected and fiverr algorithm sees it as bad performance therefore their gig still will be pushed back in search even if they have a review. 

Ok, fair enough. Dont get me wrong, I am not about cheating, although my question probably contradicts that statement a little. I dunno... I guess I have just been toying with the idea of other ways to drive traffic, and this popped up. I wont do it, I am 100% behind staying within the rules. Thanks.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, katakatica said:

If you'd read the TOS, you would know (I mean, honestly, you already do) that it's VERY much against the rules. Basically, you are paying someone to lie about you working for them. That could NEVER be accepted on any site (let alone one that actually deals with money.) I would stay far away from these groups. The reviews are pretty easy to spot (and often copy-pasted, I saw a lot while looking for sellers to help me with this or that) and will likely get you booted off the site while they keep all the money. 

It's a good thing that you asked this without going through with it at first (because I bet these fakes will say 'oh yeah sure, 100% legal' if you ask.) It's not.  
(I mean, is it against the law, making it illegal illegal - not sure. But it's definitely against the TOS.)

Gotcha, thanks. Yah I suspected it might be against the rules, and honestly I will avoid it. Fiverr are not stupid and would spot it a mile off I suppose. I just joined a bunch of groups this week and have already left most of them as they do seem very very spammy indeed.

I'm out of ideas, guess its just a case of sitting back and waiting for organic growth. I didn't expect it to be this slow but then again I am in the copywriting genre which is incredibly competitive so I imagine its going to take time.

• Like 4

Hi Matty, I took a look at your profile and have some suggestions for you. One is to focus on being a native speaker of the language you offer writing in. Competition is big, even more since Covid, and all, but a big part of the competition are not native speakers, which makes it quite a big USP. Well, not literally unique, but still.

Also, I haven't seen the word Amazon in your Product Description Gig, not in the title, the description, the tags, ... I'd definitely try that angle. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, matty_bates said:

I haven't looked into it yet - just seen a few people promoting this service on a couple of Fiverr groups. I guess these people somehow have access to a bunch of Fiverr accounts who will order jobs from you at minimum price limit, which you then refund, and leave great reviews. I mean without even talking to any of these people, I'm assuming it is exactly that. It can only be that, I guess.

First of, is that legal, for want of a better word? I mean does it break any Fiverr rules? I am guessing it does and if so, I will avoid it like the plague, dont worry. I am all about staying within the rules.

• To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.
  • Anyone engaging in such activity is risking their Fiverr account!
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

On 4/29/2022 at 2:16 AM, miiila said:

Hi Matty, I took a look at your profile and have some suggestions for you. One is to focus on being a native speaker of the language you offer writing in. Competition is big, even more since Covid, and all, but a big part of the competition are not native speakers, which makes it quite a big USP. Well, not literally unique, but still.

Also, I haven't seen the word Amazon in your Product Description Gig, not in the title, the description, the tags, ... I'd definitely try that angle. 

Miiilia, thats real kind of you to take a look, thanks so much. I will do that today - maybe incorporate into the gig image also somehow? Well spotted with the Amazon thing, will sort that today also. Thanks again, much appreciated!

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 3:24 AM, lloydsolutions said:
  • To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.
  • Anyone engaging in such activity is risking their Fiverr account!

Appreciate it, thanks. I sort of assumed it might be against the terms but figured I should check. I just want to be clear for the record and state I would never break any terms, I am all about staying within the rules.

• Like 4