How am I supposed to display my photo editing skills if I'm new to fiverr and can only post 3 photos?

expatpixelfixer

Question

If I'm assuming correctly, you're only allowed to show three photos on your gig description, but I've seen a lot of fellow Photoshop editors with at least 20 photos in their gig description. I'd like to be able to do the same as it's obviously a bit more difficult to get customers if you're only showing 3 examples of your work compared to others who are showing 7x that amount.

I've done a bit of research and it looks like linking to an outside portfolio site is not allowed. Others have suggested Live Portfolio, but (please correct me if I'm wrong) that looks like it will let you add additional photos to your gig from previous gigs you've completed.

Classic Catch-22. How am I as a photo editor supposed to get gigs using minimal photos so that I can then use photos I edit for customers on my gig descriptions? It seems biased against new sellers at it puts them at a competitive disadvantage. If my assumption on how Live Portfolio works is wrong, how is it possible to have more than three photos on my gig descriptions?

• Like 10

6 answers to this question

You can only post three gig images; any additional images that you see are allowed to be posted there by a seller's clients (who placed orders with that seller, and allowed the delivered work to be shown in the seller's gig gallery).

2 hours ago, expatpixelfixer said:

How am I as a photo editor supposed to get gigs using minimal photos so that I can then use photos I edit for customers on my gig descriptions?

Post three of your best work. You can always share more past examples of your work, if a buyer asks to see them.

2 hours ago, expatpixelfixer said:

It seems biased against new sellers at it puts them at a competitive disadvantage.

Us veteran sellers were once starting where you are now. Everyone starts at the bottom, so to speak, and works their way up. Sale and success ARE possible with only three sample images to start.

• Like 7

I appreciate the response.

When you say that if a buyer asks a seller to share more past examples of their work, is that past work limited exclusively to work done on fiverr, or can the seller share examples of their past work done before they joined fiverr? I ask because for a completely new seller to fiverr there are no past examples of work that can be shared if fiverr does not allow a seller to do so. If it's possible for a completely new seller to share older, pre-fiverr work, how do they do so?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, expatpixelfixer said:

I appreciate the response.

You're welcome.

4 minutes ago, expatpixelfixer said:

When you say that if a buyer asks a seller to share more past examples of their work, is that past work limited exclusively to work done on fiverr, or can the seller share examples of their past work done before they joined fiverr?

That's up to you, with consideration for any confidentiality agreements you may have had with past client work.

5 minutes ago, expatpixelfixer said:

If it's possible for a completely new seller to share older, pre-fiverr work, how do they do so?

Fiverr does allow CERTAIN links for past work sharing (I believe those sites are listed in Fiverr's Help & Support section), however, in most cases, you can always share images as attachments, in the message forum between you and potential buyers. You are still limited to only three gig images -- that you can upload -- on your gigs. That's just how Fiverr works.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, expatpixelfixer said:

Classic Catch-22. How am I as a photo editor supposed to get gigs using minimal photos so that I can then use photos I edit for customers on my gig descriptions? It seems biased against new sellers at it puts them at a competitive disadvantage. If my assumption on how Live Portfolio works is wrong, how is it possible to have more than three photos on my gig descriptions?

Not sure if this would work in your category, but in my category, I'm able to post a .pdf in addition to photos. If you are able to include a .pdf, you could create a .pdf file that includes several photo samples.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Interesting. I wonder if fiverr limits writers to using only three written words, composers and musicians to only three notes, voice over artists to only three spoken words, singers to only three notes, etc. when marketing their services by trying to adequately represent their work.

• Like 3