Promoted Gigs feature gives 2 impressions per day in a popular category (max bid)

khafff

Question

Hey everyone,

So I was using this feature called Promoted Gigs for a week, and for some reason it doesn't seem to work really well, even though I tried different strategies.
I have watched a webinar on how to use this feature and read a bunch of @frank_d posts on how to use it (so I think I got it pretty well)
For some reason the only outcome of this feature is 2 impressions per day, no clicks, and no money spent (the category of the gig is very popular)

What I have tried so far:

1. Editing the gig
  2. Trying out different bids and daily budget (currently on max bid of 3$ and recommended daily budget)
  3. Turning the promotion on and off

The gig category is popular, my gig is on the first page, and I don't seem to be on any kind of black list or something like that.

Don't wanna annoy the support if that's just a trifle, so maybe anyone has dealt with this kind of stuff?
Maybe you have heard about it? Any advice would be great to hear.

Edited by khafff
  • Like 11

6 answers to this question

I can offer some advice, which can’t possibly be personalized due to how promoted gig works in general:

-when editing your gig and/or tweaking your bid, allow for at least 2-3 weeks before making new edits

-I strongly suggest to use the uncapped feature rather than trying to bid based on the suggestion given by the system 

-the feature needs strong performance on your end to give optimal results. So if you are still not getting impressions, messages or clicks, your gig is underperforming when compared to what others in your vertical who may be taking the promoted spot in searches.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I can offer some advice, which can’t possibly be personalized due to how promoted gig works in general:

-when editing your gig and/or tweaking your bid, allow for at least 2-3 weeks before making new edits

-I strongly suggest to use the uncapped feature rather than trying to bud based on the suggestion given by the system 

-the feature needs strong performance on your end to give optimal results. So if you are still not getting impressions, messages or clicks, your gig is underperforming when compared to what others in your vertical who may be taking the promoted spot in searches.

Thanks for advice. I appreciate that.

2-3 weeks is surely a bigger amount of time for it to work out then I thought it needed, wow.
I suppose you are trying to say that Fiverr staff needs some time to handpick my gig and take a look at it before allowing it to be promoted. 
I guess I should wait then.

I may have underperformed in terms of pausing the gig (had to move from Russia in order to continue working with Fiverr) + one order got canceled after a lot of revisions.

I hope it won't take a lot of time for everything to boost up though!

19 minutes ago, frank_d said:

-I strongly suggest to use the uncapped feature rather than trying to bud based on the suggestion given by the system 

Do you mean using "Promote with no cap" instead of placing a max bid of $3? I will of course follow your suggestions, though I would say it doesn't sound very significant.

• Like 7

There’s no manual intervention but it does take time for their system to propagate changes and start serving your gig. I suggest 2-3 weeks, minimum.

yes you need to use the “no cap” it is significant when certain hidden conditions are met.

If you paused the gig that explains the underperforming. It makes sense. Give it time to recover, it is easier to bounce back nowadays.

Hope you are safe.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hope you are safe.

I am, thank you very much. It's been a tough month, but it's always better to be somewhere safe. 

27 minutes ago, frank_d said:

If you paused the gig

More like my account got restricted due to geolocation, but yeah, I guess it's still considered underperforming. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

Thank You Sir FOR  a Piece of Advice 👍

• Like 8