Fiverr skipped math class?

paschalisblack

58 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I took a look at the gig you have where the rating is 4.8 and I see the following; 

• Seller communication level 4.9
  • Recommend to a friend 4.7
  • Service as described 4.8

What I see in my overall ratings is 4.9 on everything. But the overall rating is 4.8.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is what it shows when I view your Fiverr profile when not logged in or when logged in (with Firefox on one and Chrome on the other):

Seller communication level 4.9

Recommend to a friend 4.8

Service as described 4.9

So that would average 4.8666 (which in theory should average to 4.9 for the full figure to 1 dp - If it was just based on those 3 figures.

Are you viewing the account stats in a web browser or in the app. Maybe the app rounds things differently.

So it could depend on how things get rounded/stored.

It's probably not based on the average of those 3 figures (those 3 figures are likely themselves averaged), it's probably based on the average of all your reviews. And we don't know exactly how they get averaged/stored (eg. does it round each 4.666666... to 4.67 when calculating the overall average?). You could contact CS though if it isn't consistent/if you don't think it's correct.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

This is what it shows when I view your Fiverr profile when not logged in or when logged in (with Firefox on one and Chrome on the other):

So that would average 4.8666 (which in theory should average to 4.9 for the full figure to 1 dp - If it was just based on those 3 figures.

Are you viewing the account stats in a web browser or in the app. Maybe the app rounds things differently.

So it could depend on how things get rounded/stored.

It might not be based on the average of those 3 figures (those 3 figures are likely themselves averaged), it's probably based on the average of all your reviews. And we don't know exactly how they get averaged/stored. (eg. does it round each 4.666666... to 4.67 when calculating the overall average)? You could contact CS though if it isn't consistent/if you don't think it's correct.

Actually I see different numbers on mobile app, desktop public profile and desktop profile on edit mode. My overall rating is 4.9 on desktop edit mode but once I switch to public mode it goes to 4.8. Doesn't make much sense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You could see if removing cookies helps at all for the browser (that's likely what customer support will suggest).

If it still isn't consistent you could contact customer support about it like suggested.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1