Hey designers! Can any of you recommend a laptop for newbies?

n_benzbar

It's international Design day today and I hope you're celebrating hard! 🥳🤗🤪

Some of our sellers on Fiverr are experts with years of experience while others are only now starting to explore different fields of design. A computer/laptop is probably one of the most important tools a designer could have - can you tell us about your personal preferences and recommend a brand, a model, or a super important feature?

joshua-woroniecki-lzh3hPtJz9c-unsplash.jpg

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

I have just started using macbook pro in addition to the ipad pro. Which is actually very good. Apple products might be a little heavy on the budgets yes. BUT they are worth it.

First of all, i dont like to use computers, i dont want to maintain them, i dont want it to constantly ask me for stuff with pop ups, software updates, failing to do stuff, requiring to download additional stuff to run something. Its disgusting. Its like owning a car that asks you how to run while you ignite the engine. I just want to open my software and draw stuff. I dont care about the rest. I dont want to compute, its the computers job to compute.

And to my idea, desktop computers are from the previous era. Huge desks, tons of cables everywhere allways needed to be checked again. And you cant bring it with you, you cant move it around the house because that machine is also affecting your interior design. And however hard you try, none of them looks good. Its just a chunk of metal that looks like a suitcase shaped discoball.

And apple is just the perfect device for that! You dont think about anything, you dont even shut down the thing. You just click somewhere random and in 2 seconds its ready to roll. No noise, no software stuff, nothing. Just download what you need and go. Put it in your bag and leave the country, who cares? Its just that practical. It communicates with your other apple products at insane levels. Its all perfect. Best descision i have ever made!

• Like 3