Why payments taking so long even order completed/approved/rated by buyer himself?

Hello Fiverr,

I am really disappointed with the Payment clearance duration.

I received an order and completed on time

Order Received/Approved/Rated by seller himself

Then why it is taking 14 days to clear the payment?

There are no reasons to keep payments for so long after order Received/Approved/Rated by buyers himself..

Overall I didn't get the point of holding payments for so long..

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, design_mylife said:

Then why it is taking 14 days to clear the payment?

When buyers make orders, they pay Fiverr. Once that order is completed, 80% of the funds are assigned to your account. The funds remain under a "pending" status for a 14-day clearing period. This timeline is for financial processing and buyer satisfaction guarantee. When the funds are marked as "cleared," they are available for withdrawal.
Note: Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers and PRO sellers have a 7 day clearing period.

The above is from the Help Centre.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

When buyers make orders, they pay Fiverr. Once that order is completed, 80% of the funds are assigned to your account. The funds remain under a "pending" status for a 14-day clearing period. This timeline is for financial processing and buyer satisfaction guarantee. When the funds are marked as "cleared," they are available for withdrawal.
Note: Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers and PRO sellers have a 7 day clearing period.

The above is from the Help Centre.

I knew 14 days timeline is for financial processing and buyer satisfaction guarantee.

I said is 14 days are too much after an Order Approved/Rated from buyer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

If you check out the Payment Terms, you'll see that it's called "a safety clearance period" there (my bolding).

My interpretation is that they don't want sellers who plan on scamming to be able to run off into the sunset with the revenue if a customer doesn't manage to check the delivery within the 3 days they have between delivery and order completion, and only notices later that the delivery wasn't what they paid for, or an empty delivery, or just an attached file with "I'll deliver soon". Even if a buyer approved a delivery and left a 5* revue, that in itself doesn't necessarily mean much. Usually, yes, everything is in the clear then, but we've had cases on the forum, where sellers convinced their buyers to accept, even rate, an order, with promises of delivering soon, which didn't happen, though.

Like pretty much in all things, the good ones have to "suffer" for things the bad ones (might) do. For example, I'm sure that most of us don't steal in shops, supermarkets, etc., but we still have to pay the part of the price that covers damage done by thieves. In this case, everyone has to wait for 14 or 7 days, because of the people who may else wave their account goodbye and run off with ill-gotten revenue.

Fiverr is a company. They try to cover their back as much as only possible. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I think we need to know about all the rules and regulations of a marketplace before joining.

This rule of Fiverr is important and all sellers have to accept it. It is for the respeceted buyers who trust enough to give task to sellers with money back guarantee that if the seller is fraud they will get their money within 14 days. 

I think all the sellers should accept this policy, if not, they should not join here.

Thanks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, khadizayaan said:

I think we need to know about all the rules and regulations of a marketplace before joining.

This rule of Fiverr is important and all sellers have to accept it. It is for the respeceted buyers who trust enough to give task to sellers with money back guarantee that if the seller is fraud they will get their money within 14 days. 

I think all the sellers should accept this policy, if not, they should not join here.

Thanks.

We have no other options, We have to accept terms and conditions(and no problem with that)

Supose I ordered a gig - then I received the delivery and after test and satisfied - I give a 5 star rating about my purchased Order (All these things happened in 5 days(for example) ). If I approved the order as a buyer and and give 5 Rating. Then rest of 9 days(after test and rating) payment will be on hold for no reasons.

That's my point and all I want to say!

Am not against terms and policies(I already accepted them during signup)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:05 PM, design_mylife said:

We have no other options, We have to accept terms and conditions(and no problem with that)

Supose I ordered a gig - then I received the delivery and after test and satisfied - I give a 5 star rating about my purchased Order (All these things happened in 5 days(for example) ). If I approved the order as a buyer and and give 5 Rating. Then rest of 9 days(after test and rating) payment will be on hold for no reasons.

That's my point and all I want to say!

Am not against terms and policies(I already accepted them during signup)

I got your point,

what can we say, it's Fiverr and always have more importance to the buyers than sellers 😑

• Like 3