Scammed By Fiverr and Abused By Freelancer

gary196

Freelacer promised me to deliver the order in 3 days but after 3 days he said I have an emergency that is why I need more time
I gave him more time to complete the order

after 15 days the project was completed by fiverr , I contacting the freelancer again and ask for refund.
attached picture is the response of freelancer

there are messages that is now removed by fiverr in which seller abused my mother too.
First a person ran away with my money fiverr did nothing.
He abused me very badly in chat fiverr did nothing.

this is not acceptable, who is responsible for my money , who is responsible for the abusive word use for me , who is responsible for my wastage of my time. instead of returning my money and taking action against freelancer , Fiverr flagged me.

I am asking community what should I do now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

8 minutes ago, gary196 said:

after 15 days the project was completed by fiverr

This is weird. I don't think that ever happens. The system works like this: seller delivers the order, and the buyer then has 3 days to check the delivery, and can either reject it and ask for a revision, or accept and thereby manually complete the order.

If the buyer doesn't do that, Fiverr's system auto-completes the order 3 days after delivery. (Else, some buyers would just never complete the order, and sellers would never get paid for work they already did and delivered.)

Have you made sure that the seller didn't deliver, like checking "Orders" in your top menu bar, and notifications, or your emails? You should have gotten a notification on delivery.

What was the support agent's last message in response to the support ticket that you created? And did they mark the ticket as closed, in which case you can create a "follow-up ticket", or is it still open, in which case you can reply and let them know that whatever they replied to you or did, didn't solve the issue, that the seller didn't deliver anything and you'd like a refund, etc. If you feel that the support agent didn't understand the issue at all, you could ask them to kindly pass your ticket on to a team lead. You certainly attached a screenshot of the insults, maybe also attach a screenshot that shows that the seller didn't deliver, if that's actually the case.

In any case, Fiverr doesn't have an interest in retaining scammers who don't deliver, or even insult their customers and their mothers on their platform. Keep your cool and keep working with support.

• Like 5
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, miiila said:

This is weird. I don't think that ever happens. The system works like this: seller delivers the order, and the buyer then has 3 days to check the delivery, and can either reject it and ask for a revision, or accept and thereby manually complete the order.

If the buyer doesn't do that, Fiverr's system auto-completes the order 3 days after delivery. (Else, some buyers would just never complete the order, and sellers would never get paid for work they already did and delivered.)

Have you made sure that the seller didn't deliver, like checking "Orders" in your top menu bar, and notifications, or your emails? You should have gotten a notification on delivery.

What was the support agent's last message in response to the support ticket that you created? And did they mark the ticket as closed, in which case you can create a "follow-up ticket", or is it still open, in which case you can reply and let them know that whatever they replied to you or did, didn't solve the issue, that the seller didn't deliver anything and you'd like a refund, etc. If you feel that the support agent didn't understand the issue at all, you could ask them to kindly pass your ticket on to a team lead. You certainly attached a screenshot of the insults, maybe also attach a screenshot that shows that the seller didn't deliver, if that's actually the case.

In any case, Fiverr doesn't have an interest in retaining scammers who don't deliver, or even insult their customers and their mothers on their platform. Keep your cool and keep working with support.

Thanks for your explaination , actually I was new to fiverr freelancer ask me that you will the files on google drive (it was video editing project)
i shared the raw files and ideas with freelancer on google drive and ask him to upload the file in the same drive folder.

he submitted the order by saying that I starting my work now , and you will get the videos on google drive as he can't submit the files on fiverr due to large size.

the project was completed after days , i ask freelncer about the update upon recieving the notification
He said there was an amergency etc , i give him more time as per condition.

then I after 15 days when i got the time to check there is nothing in the google drive , and I ask seller to refund my money as I am not interested to work with you.
then he started abusing me.
I open the ticket to fiverr related to abusive words and also to refund my money , they email i got is your account is flagged and one more email from fiverr support that "we are reviewing your matter"

my respect is as important as my money , that is reason I lose the temper when someone abuse my mother and me.

• Like 7

Yes, I can imagine that you're not happy. It's sad to hear such stories. Most people here in the community, of course, also don't want such things to happen.

If support said they are reviewing the matter, I'd give them a few days, especially if it was over the weekend, and then reply to the same ticket to ask if they have been able to review it. Sometimes, they are very fast, at other times, there are so many support requests that it can take time, and they may review the account of that seller rather thoroughly, I'd imagine, after what you wrote, not just his interaction with you.

8 hours ago, gary196 said:

he submitted the order by saying that I starting my work now

This isn't permitted, it's called an "empty delivery". Sellers need to deliver the whole completed work when they use the official Deliver button. 

Sounds like a pretty clear case, at least from the info from your side, and I'd say chances that the seller will get a warning or even banned are high. I'd be patient, and keep watching and following up on the ticket if needed. Apart from the emails, you can also directly access your tickets on the page if you go to Help & Support and then "My Support requests", to see if there's been new activity. 

I hope the issue will get resolved quickly! 

But apart from those things, I could only now see your screenshot, as I'd been on my phone when I replied earlier, it's no wonder that your account got flagged, that probably happened automatically if you write things like "you will be died", your way of communication isn't super professional either, maybe understandably so, after what that seller wrote, but it is always better to remain calm and simply report the other person's transgressions and violation of terms, than to violate terms oneself. Fiverr will certainly take into account that the seller started that, but, yeah, next time something like this happens anywhere, just stay cool and report such people, then you can avoid getting flagged yourself, and matters will probably be cleared up more quickly.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 9
  • Up 3

No ... woman of culture, indeed, at least it's a woman, going from their Gig video, which makes this even stranger, maybe the account got hacked, hijacked, or even sold, so that would be the reason that its current operator doesn't seem to care at all? I was also wondering if it's a very purposeful tactic to make the other party swear back and also violate the terms, which they in a mild way achieved, as OP's former response got flagged, it's hard to believe that anyone would be that kind of stupid. Might also be well aware that this account will be toast shortly anyway from experience, or returned to the actual owner, and it's their culture-less way of "having fun", before it's over. 

The last review was a 1 star, "Unpleasant experience". As much as I'd like to say supporting sellers who have a 1 star among their reviews for maybe no fault of theirs, is nice, maybe it's yet a good idea to not order for $2000 from a seller whose last review is a 1 star, one month ago, and that with only 5 reviews in total. They have 3 Gigs, 2 of them starting at $5, and the one that OP probably ordered, the Premium Gig being $2000, starts with $120, so, yeah, dear buyers who may be reading here: Heed the often repeated forum mantra of "Start with a small order if you order from a new seller", all the more if there are reviews like that, or inconsistencies in Gig set-ups, etc.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, miiila said:

No ... woman of culture, indeed, at least it's a woman, going from their Gig video, which makes this even stranger, maybe the account got hacked, hijacked, or even sold, so that would be the reason that its current operator doesn't seem to care at all? I was also wondering if it's a very purposeful tactic to make the other party swear back and also violate the terms, which they in a mild way achieved, as OP's former response got flagged, it's hard to believe that anyone would be that kind of stupid. Might also be well aware that this account will be toast shortly anyway from experience, or returned to the actual owner, and it's their culture-less way of "having fun", before it's over. 

The last review was a 1 star, "Unpleasant experience". As much as I'd like to say supporting sellers who have a 1 star among their reviews for maybe no fault of theirs, is nice, maybe it's yet a good idea to not order for $2000 from a seller whose last review is a 1 star, one month ago, and that with only 5 reviews in total. They have 3 Gigs, 2 of them starting at $5, and the one that OP probably ordered, the Premium Gig being $2000, starts with $120, so, yeah, dear buyers who may be reading here: Heed the often repeated forum mantra of "Start with a small order if you order from a new seller", all the more if there are reviews like that, or inconsistencies in Gig set-ups, etc.

this was not my first order , this was my second order with this guy.
first order very smooth , i was also imporessed with the delivery.
this was my second order with him , we discussed the project in detail and he created the custom offer for me.

there are not much seller in the niche of funny game play editing (faceless) i found him helpful but later on the bigger order he ran away.
I put all of my trust on him but he ended the project with very wrong move.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, gary196 said:

this was my second order with this guy.

Did you watch (listen to) the Gig video? It's a female voice, introducing herself with a female name... Doesn't really gel with the insults and all, but, well, who knows. It's all very weird, in any case.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, gary196 said:

so far i only got the generic responses from fiverr support "we reviewing this matter etc" meanwhile they are sending me warning emails too even I am not replying to freelancer's abusive messages.

if you know any support member of fiverr please mention them in this post as I have feeling that my issue is totaly mishandled by fiverr.

I going to post the complete chat and screenshot on twitter , facebook and all other social media now.

That might be the issue, that so far it's just in the "generic responses state", automated messages without yet an actual person having investigated the matter thoroughly.

I don't think support staff reads the forum, the action here is almost completely peer-to-peer, the rare to be seen staff are people who are tasked with forum, community things, no customer support staff, as far as I know.

But Fiverr is on Twitter too, so you could tweet at them with your ticket number and ask if they can speed up the process, as the seller is continuing to behave inappropriately and violating Fiverr's ToS.

1846339702_Screenshot(906).png.158b05f7f70ea8ca7bde06f7171415bb.png

• Like 4