Someone is pretending to be me on Fiverr

khafff

So apparently there is a person who created the exact copy of my gig, where every single thing is the same:

• Portfolio images (he kind of erased some parts of the Fiverr watermark, but it still can be seen)
  • Description (everything including studying background and work experience)
  • Packages

This person even managed to get a 5-star review.

I suppose I'm not the only one who got his identity stolen by this profile.

Is this a usual thing on Fiverr? Do I have to look through the search results from time to time?

4 hours ago, khafff said:

Is this a usual thing on Fiverr? Do I have to look through the search results from time to time?

It looks like for some reason some fiverr sellers see it ok to steal everything from more successful sellers. 
I would say that yes, check from time to time through Google search your pictures and gig descriptions. 
And you should definitely report it, there is a flag icon on the right top corner of that gig, press it and report it with the link to your original gig and fiverr should remove it 

8 hours ago, khafff said:

Is this a usual thing on Fiverr?

It happens. And some of the sellers who do that have the nerve to claim that they did it out of respect, that they admire you, that they're honoring you that way...

Do I have to look through the search results from time to time?

If you wish to report them and try to get those gigs removed, I guess. Or you can just ignore them.

It used to happen a lot. I got sick and tired of checking and reporting, only to see them bounce back, or the next one (or same one with next account), and sometimes you couldn't even really prove it, like when they put your description and bio on one of their accounts that was older than yours. I'd hope it happens not quite as often now since Fiverr introduced phone verification, and later on ID verification.

If you see one, report them, sure. 

There even was a new platform a while ago, where either the platform itself, or some scammers, simply cloned lots of complete profiles of Fiverr sellers, same name, profile photo, and all. I haven't checked lately, it's too annoying to see.

Be prepared that if you check, you may find disturbing profile/identity stealing other than on Fiverr, people "transferring your profile" elsewhere. I don't even want to know how many people may have been scammed by people impersonating me. That's at least one good thing about partial anonymity and usernames, if you chose to rather take the privacy bit of the ToS literal and didn't sign up with your actual name. With the new business profiles, Fiverr made us more vulnerable to such things. Well, we can only hope that most potential buyers are wary enough to mostly avoid such identity theft scams, and that no angry victims will show up close to home. 

There are plagiarism tools, although if you simply paste something into Google search, you may already get more results than you were hoping for.

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

• Intentional copies of Gigs
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.
  • Report this as advised by the previous replies.

3 hours ago, melanielm said:

but never go back to check if they're gone. I have to trust Fiverr does something about them.

I ❤️ them and put them in a reported folder that you can create in your buyer lists. Then I go back to check and Fiverr removes them every time.

Is there a particular tool for that?

I like Plagiarism Detector. 

Archived