End of April 'check-in'

katakatica

Another month is almost gone!

April this year was.. wacky, for me (lots of work, had to travel home, apartment hunting (still no luck, eek!) so there's a part of me that can't wait for May to be here! 

So... with that little intro... what are YOU looking forward to in the next month? Little things, big things, they all matter!

For me...

- My birthday is coming up! The plan is to get hotpot with my friends but we are still looking for the right restaurant (in China, I could imagine 12 people sharing a pot but Stockholm is a tad different.) If that doesn't work out, we'll get ramen!

- Work has been consistently amazing (even though I take a lot of time off lately), so I'm looking forward to that continuing - and revamping some of my gigs/starting a new one soon. 

- Finishing Hollow Knight (yes, I've started it already. No, there's NO way I'll be done before the end of the month!). On that same note, we are ending another Arkham Horror campaign, so I think in May we're starting either The Circle Undone or... the other one (I forgot which one we have.) I also might have the chance to try D&D soon (I've been exposed to it a lot lately, so I honestly can't wait!)

• Like 15

You have a good taste in games. However, i didint see Elden Ring there and i am unpleased.

I have been working on a big project about vampires for 3-4 months. Its been really busy. I havent get a good sleep or didint workout in this time, so im looking forward it to be finished. And it will be finished next month. So i can just sink in to my couch play the elden ring untill i collapse.

I recommend playing D&D regularly if possible. Very nice experience. Good to have some friends too. 

• Like 11

48 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

You have a good taste in games. However, i didint see Elden Ring there and i am unpleased.

So - confession, I did try Elden Ring out but I... didn't like it. 
Now, I only played the tutorial (and I haven't played any of the Dark Souls games) so I might give it another chance but... I wasn't super into it. (...okay, I was BAD at it so maybe that's why.)

I hope your project finishes soon and you get to game a bit though!

I'm going to do a oneshot first (probably something spooky) for D&D and just kind of see if it works for me, but if I like it I'll probably play a lot in the future. 

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, katakatica said:

So - confession, I did try Elden Ring out but I... didn't like it. z

Elden ring could be one of the most Gothic game out there. You might like it. It's just bit non-linear like Zelda: Breath of wild. Tons of exploration and no arrows pointing anywhere except main questline. I love writing down npc dialogue and then find the story without googling 🙂 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

Elden ring could be one of the most Gothic game out there. You might like it. It's just bit non-linear like Zelda: Breath of wild. Tons of exploration and no arrows pointing anywhere except main questline. I love writing down npc dialogue and then find the story without googling 🙂 

For being gothic, bloodborne destroys all. It has some cosmic horror combined with victorian london. Amazing.

AND! ı love taking notes during a complex gameplay. Its so engaging. 

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

So - confession, I did try Elden Ring out but I... didn't like it. 
Now, I only played the tutorial (and I haven't played any of the Dark Souls games) so I might give it another chance but... I wasn't super into it. (...okay, I was BAD at it so maybe that's why.)

I hope your project finishes soon and you get to game a bit though!

I'm going to do a oneshot first (probably something spooky) for D&D and just kind of see if it works for me, but if I like it I'll probably play a lot in the future. 

For Elden ring, It makes it look like all the dark souls games were just a preperation for the elden ring. Definetly recommended. Amazing experience. Once you get into the souls games, there is no turning back believe me.

Now with my age, everybody around me gets married or having children or deeply involving into their careers(that would be me), i cant find many people or time to play dnd. It is sad. My collage days were fun. I miss that. 

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 9

Ooh. I've considered getting Elden Ring, but haven't played Dark Souls games either. I'll have to explore more. I've heard Elden Ring has a more complex playstyle? I'm getting old (Hey, I remember when Pong came out!), so I'm not as agile as I used to be when gaming.

May is the last month before my family moves to a new house, so we'll be super busy all month.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, gongor32 said:

You might like it.

Thing is - I LOVED the graphics and what I've seen from the story, I just... wasn't good at all so I kept getting frustrated. I haven't really played with a controller before (I've been practicing, but I'm much more comfortable with a keyboard), however all the different mechanics and stuff make it sort of, well, even harder to play on a keyboard. 

(I also wasn't playing alone, and kept joking around, so that probably doesn't help much either!)

1 hour ago, ozan_erdi said:

Now with my age, everybody around me gets married or having children or deeply involving into their careers(that would be me), i cant find many people or time to play dnd. It is sad.

I can definitely understand that! Luckily Sweden seems to host a huge nerd community - I'm definitely focusing on work, but this is the first time I'm surrounded by so many people who like the same things (AND can afford to go out comfortably) so yeah. I do think there's lots of online groups but these things do seem the most fun with friends!

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Thing is - I LOVED the graphics and what I've seen from the story, I just... wasn't good at all so I kept getting frustrated. I haven't really played with a controller before (I've been practicing, but I'm much more comfortable with a keyboard), however all the different mechanics and stuff make it sort of, well, even harder to play on a keyboard. 

Yeah Elden Ring was my first souls game too. I had to be told to play it from 10 different people to try it. Loved since then. If you jump to into bottom in starting area there is some combat tutorial and easy boss to get started. It gets easier from then. The controller thing was what I hated so I have just used my keyboard and mouse. You can check out youtube for easy keyboard configuration. Decreasing the mouse sensitivity is must.  Have fun.

• Like 7

On 4/22/2022 at 5:40 PM, gongor32 said:

It gets easier from then.

That's what I tried! I think I got frustrated (and honestly, distracted because I wasn't on my own computer!) I've gotten reasonably better with a controller to be honest since then (Hollow Knight is so much more fun on TV than my small laptop screen) but I think I need a bit (lot) more practice. Might check out the keyboard settings too though!

On 4/22/2022 at 5:01 PM, melanielm said:

I'm not as agile as I used to be when gaming.

I don't think I ever was, unfortunately! It's fun, but when I'm not playing alone there's a bit more pressure (but I'd rather have company then focus haha!)
Hope moving goes well for you! 

• Like 9

On 4/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, melanielm said:

so I'm not as agile as I used to be when gaming.

I have felt that myself some time ago. Learned it the hard way in World of Warcraft. At some point you just realise you are no longer avalible for multiplayer combat 😄 People are using tons of extra stuff, different monitors, gaming keyboards and whatnot. After that Red Dead Redemption 2 saved me. I just enjoyed the story and watched it like a movie. 

Now im getting destroyed in elden ring. But its a better experience then getting destroyed by a 13 year olds. 

On 4/22/2022 at 6:18 PM, katakatica said:

Thing is - I LOVED the graphics and what I've seen from the story

Those souls games are good if you appriciate art too. Not many games care about the scenery and presentation. Its like LOTR. You know each scene in the LOTR movies has the quality to be a wallpaper? Its the same in souls games. Every angle, every color, every door and room is carefully tought for players to have the best visual eperience too. Also good for inspiration for art purposes.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

On 4/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, katakatica said:

My birthday is coming up!

OK I might be a little late to join the thread, but happy birthday!
I hope you had/have a good one!

On 4/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, katakatica said:

what are YOU looking forward to in the next month?

One pretty big thing I am looking forward to next month is I am flying to Seattle and California to see my friends, and I am flying business class.
I've flown business twice before in my life, but it was AWESOME to say the least. Japan is a service crazy country, and that shows in the airline services as well. It's gonna be great. Someday I'm gonna fly first class!

I think I mention Starbucks quite often here at the forum, and the Starbucks in japan tends to change their paper bags depending on the season.
Last month we had cherry blossoms on the bags and the cups, and for some reason this month it's all bananas. Very cute!
It's a small thing but I'm looking forward to the next seasonal paper bag 😄  😄

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 21-14-18 Z Ogawa(@zzzeus777) • Instagram写真と動画.png

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 21-14-45 Z Ogawa(@zzzeus777) • Instagram写真と動画.png

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 21-15-01 Z Ogawa(@zzzeus777) • Instagram写真と動画.png

• Like 10