Receiving random outside job offer messages?

hannxm

Question

Hello, 

I recently decided to start up gigs on my profile (I kind of forgot about this place!). I put them on over the last couple of days and I've received two similar messages today.

One of them I couldn't respond to the instant I went to look at it, and it got deleted by Fiverr I assume, but they were saying how they were employing writers etc. I just received another one saying the same thing and it appears to be an empty/new account. 

Is it safe to say these are spam messages and to report them as spam? Are there messages that should be taken seriously (I know some people on Fiverr employ people to do gigs for them)? Apologies for the dumb question. 😅 I'm just wondering if this is a well known issue or if it's against their rules. 

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, hannxm said:

Is it safe to say these are spam messages and to report them as spam?

Yes, they were spam, and Fiverr appears to have dealt with them as such.

Are there messages that should be taken seriously (I know some people on Fiverr employ people to do gigs for them)?

If they are messagings asking you to work off of Fiverr, then they are spammers, and not serious messages. Be sure to report these kinds of messages to Fiverr, so that they can delete them (and usually the spammer as well).

I'm just wondering if this is a well known issue or if it's against their rules. 

Spam is, most definitely, against the rules. 😉

Is it safe to say these are spam messages and to report them as spam? Are there messages that should be taken seriously (I know some people on Fiverr employ people to do gigs for them)?

These messages wouldn't affect your profile and Fiverr will also block those spam accounts. Spammers usually send the same pitch to multiple freelancers and Fiverr easily catch them as spammer. 

You can also identify them from their unreal offers and expectations. Also do check the rating and reviews of a buyer

6 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Yes, they were spam, and Fiverr appears to have dealt with them as such.

If they are messagings asking you to work off of Fiverr, then they are spammers, and not serious messages. Be sure to report these kinds of messages to Fiverr, so that they can delete them (and usually the spammer as well).

Spam is, most definitely, against the rules. 😉

6 hours ago, workinghub28 said:

These messages wouldn't affect your profile and Fiverr will also block those spam accounts. Spammers usually send the same pitch to multiple freelancers and Fiverr easily catch them as spammer. 

You can also identify them from their unreal offers and expectations. Also do check the rating and reviews of a buyer

Thank you both! 😊

Archived