Difference between people from agricultural background and garden writers

sadatanwar997

Any freelancer/seller can be successful here, so long as they understand their target customers/market, and provide a service those target customers need. Both "garden writers" and those with a greater agricultural background can be equally successful here. Neither is guaranteed to be more successful than the other.

In addition to Jon's comment, if you're sure it's just that the demand for garden writing is high and that for agricultural writing is low here, and that it will stay like that in the foreseeable future, the two options that immediately come to mind, are: 

- find out where the demand for agricultural writing is higher, and try to get customers there

- educate yourself in garden writing untill you're good enough to offer it as an additional Gig here, to see how that goes

The thing is I am doing my undergraduation in Agriculture. Gardening is a part of agriculture. It is included in to an study course of mine besides I am also a gardener. I am not talking about the demand I am talking about professionalism. I was saying that I can make a content much more professinal than a normal garden writer. But the buyers are much more depended on a normal garden writer than us.

4 hours ago, sadatanwar997 said:

I am not talking about the demand I am talking about professionalism. I was saying that I can make a content much more professinal than a normal garden writer. But the buyers are much more depended on a normal garden writer than us.

Sometimes it's not about professionalism, but about clarity and readability to a casual audience. I could say a plant is 'photophilic', but the average person would understand 'light-loving' easier than a scientifically correct term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

14 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Sometimes it's not about professionalism, but about clarity and readability to a casual audience. I could say a plant is 'photophilic', but the average person would understand 'light-loving' easier than a scientifically correct term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

I appreciate your thought.

14 hours ago, sadatanwar997 said:

I am not talking about the demand I am talking about professionalism.

You said 

On 4/19/2022 at 11:03 PM, sadatanwar997 said:

I think garden writers are much more successful here than a person from agricultural background. I am not getting any jobs nowdays and tensed what to do. I am also from agricultural background.

As you elaborated by saying that gardening is a part of agriculture and that you

14 hours ago, sadatanwar997 said:

can make a content much more professinal than a normal garden writer. But the buyers are much more depended on a normal garden writer than us.

that should absolutely work in your favour, actually. Professionalism is always high in demand. Find out why the buyers rather hire "normal garden writers" rather than you (do they need content that's in perfect English, for example, or do they need content that's written for "normal gardeners", without too much shoptalk, because their readers are normal gardeners,...?). There's no reason to not offer "normal garden writing" content and deliver professional, high-quality garden content - based on the needs of the buyers. Unless you don't want to write "normal content", which is perfectly fine, but if you're tensed and not getting any jobs, that's a sign that this is about demand, after all. If there's no demand for the content you offer, no amount of professionality will help. You can neglect the demand if you still get enough jobs, but if you're complaining about not getting any jobs and want to change that, it might be an idea to take demand into consideration. 

On 4/21/2022 at 12:43 AM, miiila said:

You said 

As you elaborated by saying that gardening is a part of agriculture and that you

that should absolutely work in your favour, actually. Professionalism is always high in demand. Find out why the buyers rather hire "normal garden writers" rather than you (do they need content that's in perfect English, for example, or do they need content that's written for "normal gardeners", without too much shoptalk, because their readers are normal gardeners,...?). There's no reason to not offer "normal garden writing" content and deliver professional, high-quality garden content - based on the needs of the buyers. Unless you don't want to write "normal content", which is perfectly fine, but if you're tensed and not getting any jobs, that's a sign that this is about demand, after all. If there's no demand for the content you offer, no amount of professionality will help. You can neglect the demand if you still get enough jobs, but if you're complaining about not getting any jobs and want to change that, it might be an idea to take demand into consideration. 

I totally agree with you. As I am new in this industry it may take time.

Archived