Out of Office or Gig Pause?

shawnevian99

There is no one right answer. Fiverr is unpredictable.

In general, Out Of Office is what Fiverr wants you to use, but if you plan to be away for a long period, pausing may be best.

There are dozens of threads here on the forums that will support one or the other, and a dozen more that say their gig vanished from the search results after either.

> “Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily.”

This can be found here, https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs , in the second paragraph.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

I've struggled with this decision too and after reading about it on the forum, there's a lot of mixed results (like @imagination7413 mentioned). 

It depends a bit on your motivations too. Do you want a break altogether and not having to worry about responding to messages either? Then OOO might be best (some have and some haven't experienced a loss of gig 'rank'). But just focusing on the mental aspect, it would give you a a peace of mind more. 

Would you be okay with a few orders here and there? Then you might simply want to increase your delivery time. I've done this (from 3 to 4 days to two weeks) and I still receive some orders, but definitely less. It would be advised if you do this, to set a disclaimer so people are aware it's not your usual delivery time.

• Like 6
  • Up 1