Excess orders

It's possible, but it's also EXTREAMLY rude to ask someone to give you their work. They don't know you. They don't know your skills. The have no reason to trust you.

Do NOT message other sellers unless you are placing an order with them. It is against the Fiverr ToS, and you're likely to be reported for unsolicited messaging.

1 hour ago, adetunjiademola said:

Is it possible to share from someone’s excess order

Those excess orders belong to the seller who recieved them. The buyers hired that specific seller for a reason. Other sellers have no right to claim those orders, just because they have no orders themselves, and are jealous of sellers who do. That's not how Fiverr works. Find ways to become a seller who has your own "excess orders".

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

Do NOT message other sellers unless you are placing an order with them. It is against the Fiverr ToS, and you're likely to be reported for unsolicited messaging.

Yet they still contact us every day asking for orders.....

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Unfortunately a lot of sellers here that have no experience or reviews feel entitled to someone else's work, just because they ask for it.

Oh, I know. I've had countless newbie sellers send me messages, begging me to give them some of my orders waiting in my queue. I tell them no every single time. In addition, every single time, those begging newbie sellers have absolutely no skills capable of completing the work they are begging for. 🙄

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:

In addition, every single time, those begging newbie sellers have absolutely no skills capable of completing the work they are begging for. 

Which actually is my biggest peeve with those unsolicited messages. If at least it wasn't so utterly obvious that they couldn't even do the work if we wanted to "share" our orders.

And, also in reply to OP - even when I have only one or zero orders in my queue, I get sellers asking me to "share", and who decides what "excess" orders are? You? Without knowing if the seller with "excess orders" will even make enough money to pay their rent this month? And what, do you imagine, would our customers say, if we simply let other random people do the jobs they entrusted us with?

Yes, it's possible, if a reseller/outsourcer type seller spots your account and passes some of their jobs on to you, because they don't operate based on quality but quantity and arbitrage.

But please leave other sellers alone, and don't message them to ask being given the orders they earned themselves; if they were in danger of having "excess orders", they'd just say "sorry, can't do ATM" to their customers, who then can look for another seller they want to do their job instead, or can recommend a seller they trust enough to recommend, or they'd limit their orders in queue or switch on unavailable mode, and then, the people who'd order those "excess orders" would look at the active Gigs and choose among the available sellers themselves.

As a seller, it's your job to make buyers want to buy from you, not to ask sellers to share their orders with you.

1 minute ago, adetunjiademola said:

@miiila Guess this is generic…

some of these newbies actually possess the skills, just that no one is patronizing them probably because of their location?

It would be appropriate if we can interview some of them and see what the problem is…

My comment was, and this one is, in reference to new sellers who send me, another seller, unsolicited messages, asking for orders that they do not possess the skills for, which is the main problem.

I don't doubt that some newbie sellers do have some skills, not at all!

Unfortunately, though, I know that those who message me for jobs, do not possess the skills they'd need for the jobs they are asking me for, because it's painfully obvious in my niche, and interviewing them only makes it more obvious. 

About half of them don't even understand that my Gigs are not BRs, and about the other half manage to prove how extremely unqualified they are to do the jobs they are asking for already in their first message, or in their second message, if the first one was just some more or less correctly spelled version of "hi".

Their location isn't the problem, not directly, and location isn't a big problem, or no problem at all, or in some cases even an advantage due to COL and Gig pricing, for sellers who are actually skilled in the field they want to work in, but their lacking language skills are most definitely a problem if they want a job as a translator for a language they don't even speak. 

YouTubers who lie to them about how you can earn hundreds of $s on Fiverr per day or even hour "Without Skills!" and their gullibility are another problem. 

That we, as sellers, need to react to every single message we get, including all the spam and scam messages, to keep our response rate and time competitive, and can't simply ignore those messages, is yet another problem. It's tiring, and annoying, and costs a lot of time. Do they ever wonder if they are already number 12 today who interrupts my work to ask me for an order, or to "guide" them (if they even ask and don't demand, the latter may well be rather the norm than the exception), while I was hoping to finally see someone who may be interested in ordering from me, using the Message box true to its intended function? It never seems like it. 

In some fields, languages are less of a problem, of course, although with many of the sellers who send unsolicited messages, it's also very clear that a conversation about requirements and such would prove at least difficult, and sometimes, lacking language skills also directly affect the outcome of the job, as I've seen not just once, when browsing graphics-related Gigs, looking at Gig/portfolio images.

And all that apart from the fact that I'm a seller myself anyway, and simply don't have any jobs that are mine to give away (customers hire sellers for specific reasons, and my customers would not hire any of the people asking me to "share" my orders) or that I have or can afford to give away. For every job I actually get, there are multiple sellers asking me for a job. 

They need to learn a marketable skill, to a degree that someone wants to pay them for, at least enough English that they can say more than "Hy" and understand that a Gig is not a BR, and they need to reach out to buyers for jobs, whether here, through the appropriate channels (setting up their own Gigs, BRs) or elsewhere, not to other sellers (the exception being that they may land a job if they happen to message a reseller, as mentioned). 

It would be nice if I could help them by throwing excess orders at them that I don't have, and by then waving my magic wand to give them the skills they'd need to do those orders, but I can't.

For sellers without skills, or who apply for a job they don't possess the skills for instead of one they have the skills for, and who apply for imaginary jobs in other sellers' inboxes, it'll be hard. Smart ones can certainly try without starting skills in some areas, or after watching a single YT video, and learn by doing, or by faking a skill, but that doesn't work in all fields, at least not in a somewhat sustainable way.

There are many skilled sellers here from every corner of the world, and many are doing well, or great,  and newbies who possess the necessary skills in their field and as a freelancer, can do well, or great, too, nobody doubts that, and it's a wonderful thing.

12 minutes ago, miiila said:

definitely a problem if they want a job as a translator for a language they don't even speak. 

Yes, they think knowing how to use google translate is all they need to know.

13 minutes ago, miiila said:

YouTubers who lie to them about how you can earn hundreds of $s on Fiverr per day or even hour "Without Skills!" and their gullibility are another problem. 

Such YouTubers should be banned from YouTube! 😡

15 minutes ago, miiila said:

hat we, as sellers, need to react to every single message we get, including all the spam and scam messages, to keep our response rate and time competitive, and can't simply ignore those messages, is yet another problem.

Yes!!!

16 minutes ago, miiila said:

And all that apart from the fact that I'm a seller myself anyway, and simply don't have any jobs that are mine to give away (customers hire sellers for specific reasons

At one time, I hired my hubby to work for me when I had excess work. But as the work got more demanding, I had to fire him! 🤣

18 minutes ago, miiila said:

There are many skilled sellers here from every corner of the world, and many are doing well, or great,  and newbies who possess the necessary skills in their field and as a freelancer, can do well,

True, but the newbies must be patient — it took me 45 days to get my first order. During that time, I updated my gig images and rewrote my gig descriptions and profile description multiple times.

5 hours ago, adetunjiademola said:

some of these newbies actually possess the skills

I should point out, you, yourself, are a "newbie" as well. And YOU are advokating for other, more experienced, sellers to give "newbie sellers", such as yourself, excess word. Please don't refer to others as "these", when you are among them.

It is also worth noting, if you are a skilled seller, then you don't need "second-hand" / "hand-me-down" orders to be successful. Take pride in the skills you claim to have, and let that pride in your skills drive you to do the hard work necessary to earn your own orders. 😉 

no one is patronizing them probably because of their location?

Actually, no one is patronizing them because those sellers aren't showing confidence in their own skills to be an independent freelancer. In addition, those sellers are not taking steps to connect with their own target customers, and build their own long-lasting service brand. 

It would be appropriate if we can interview some of them and see what the problem is…

You want to interview other "newbie sellers" to find out why they aren't getting orders? How about listening to the advice of sellers who DO get their own orders? Perhaps you could learn something about successful freelancing by reading Fiverr's extensive support materials, available as a link at the bottom of any Fiverr site page? Or, perhaps you could spend some time reading the abundance of online articles about successful marketing strategies. Or, maybe you could gain your own customers by researching your unique market, and understanding the needs of your target customers.

Great -- successful -- freelancers are willing to work hard to learn, experiment, and build their own success. Be a doer, not a "do it for me" seller. 

Be willing to get your feet wet, and your hands dirty. Freelancing is not supposed to be an easy career choice. Challenge builds character.

Archived