How to send a preview to a client before delivery?

tanmay310

Question

How to send a preview to a client before delivery?

If a buyer submit an order for a 20-pges PDF layout design. How should send a preview...!? I mean if i sent a PDF for the preview. The buyer can cancel the order after having a 90% done work! 
Already I suffered in such of a case... can anyone help me!?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

Well, you just send what you have. Maybe you can send a version with only a few pages. Or maybe you take pictures for the PDF file and show some of the pages, but not all. 

If you work with a PDF file, usually these should be the right ideas. Of course there's always the risk your buyer might cancel, but that's something you always end up dealing with in the online world. So, it's a risk you have to take when you work online, some people are maleficent and they will try to grab work for free...I lost thousands of dollars from that alone so.. I know it all too well...

• Like 5

Hi, can you send a PDF file with big translucent watermarks like "Made by "You`re Nickname" "
And in case he does take your PDF file and doesn't pay for it, everyone who sees the file, they will know that you are the author of this file and it will be a little PR for you.
But I say from experience, not one person in his right mind will not take the work with huge watermarks.

The second way
You can record a video on your phone as you flip through the PDF file, and send him the video, and say that the PDF file itself you will send him after the payment, in this case, the customer can see the result of the work, but he can not take your work without paying because he will have only video recording)

• Like 4

Thanks to you all my dear mates for your kind attention and information... @mariashtelle1 @donnovan86@dmitrychubai 

Yes! of course, all are not same... maybe 1 or 2 percent people are fraud/fake, I think!
Actually, I was a little confused that if i provide a preview with watermark or incomplete file, they can mind or unhappy... But now things are clear! I got the usual practice of a seller in this type of case.

• Like 5