4.3*** rating

shawalshajib

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 3:08 PM, shawalshajib said:

Will this review affect my profile?

He gave me a 4.3** rating although described me as a great seller (liked the work very much) and admits his fault.

These things happen from time to time. In the rest of the digital world, a 4.3 review would be considered a positive one. On Fiverr, anything less than 5 stars is viewed by many sellers as a disaster. It's not. 

First of all, public reviews doesn't count that much anymore. It's the private feedback given to Fiverr that will affect you the most. And you have no way of knowing if the buyer gave positive or negative hidden feedback there. 

Based on the review itself, it seems like you can learn something from it: communicate what's included clearly, everywhere. Make sure this type of misunderstanding doesn't happen. That way, you can achieve better results and more happy buyers in the future. 

So to answer your question: the 4.3 star review may affect you. It depends on how many reviews you have already. It will mostly affect the optics – meaning the likelyhood that you will get orders if your gig lands next to a gig with only five-star reviews on Fiverr. If you have plenty of five star reviews, it won't be as visible. 

In this case, I see that it has hurt your overall star rating on that gig and on your profile slightly. But plenty of top rated sellers have a 4.9 star rating, too. I wouldn't worry too much about this just yet. Focus on improving your gigs and communication to avoid this type of situation in the future. 

I wrote this topic on how to deal with less-than-five-star reviews. 

• Like 4