Does a seller's Nationality determine how successful he can be on Fiverr and does buyers have preferences for sellers from specific countries/continents?

lebraz_digital

Question

7 answers to this question

23 hours ago, lebraz_digital said:

Does a seller's Nationality determine how successful he can be on Fiverr

No. Any seller, from any country Fiverr allows on Fiverr, can be successful here.

23 hours ago, lebraz_digital said:

does buyers have preferences for sellers from specific countries/continents?

Some do, but that is their choice, and shouldn't be anything you need to worry about.

• Like 4

On 4/19/2022 at 12:38 AM, lebraz_digital said:

Does a seller's Nationality determine how successful he can be on Fiverr

No, the quality of their work, their ability to communicate, and their work ethics determine how successful they can be.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:38 AM, lebraz_digital said:

does buyers have preferences for sellers from specific countries/continents? 

Some of them do, for various reasons. For example, they had terrible experience with a few sellers from a certain country or region, and now they no longer wish to work with sellers from that country or region. Or, the nature of their task requires that a seller is from a certain region. Or, they prefer to work with someone from their own country/region/culture. Or, they don't want to work with someone from their own country/region/culture.

As far as I can tell, though, most buyers don't care (and many don't even notice) where the seller lives, as long as the seller can do the job well and as long as there are no obstacles in communication.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

It really doesn't matter that from where you belong to be successful on Fiverr. 

However, it could depend individual choice that either they want to work with people of your region or not. HOWEVER, I haven't seen such discrimination in my 7 years of Fiverr experience. What matters most at the end is the quality of your work, THAT'S IT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

not at all... Fiverr ahs successful sellers from all around the world.

My top techniques to become a good seller are:

- English proficiency, it allows you to properly explain the scope of your work and the client knows exactly what to expect from you. If you're not a native English speaker I'd suggest to take the English test so buyers can be more confident when choosing you. 73% of my buyers are from the US, so being a good communicator in English is key.

- Go thru revision stages... get everything right before delivering the final product and make sure to communicate that you're going thru all those revision stages so the final delivery can be flawless, this way you can decrease the order revision rate and handle more projects at the same time.

- Overdeliver: Always delivery more than your client is expecting, this leads to a 5 star review a probably a tip, not to mention that this buyer will most likely be a returning buyer.

Just a few that come to my mind right now, hope it works!

Best,

Jonh.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, animie_video said:

It really doesn't matter that from where you belong to be successful on Fiverr. 

However, it could depend individual choice that either they want to work with people of your region or not. HOWEVER, I haven't seen such discrimination in my 7 years of Fiverr experience. What matters most at the end is the quality of your work, THAT'S IT.

Thank you for this sincere submission.

• Like 3