I just became a TOP RATED Seller for 24 hours!

trade4real

Question

Hey Fiverr Forum whats up! Trade4real here first time posting

So I woke up on Saturday after grafting for 2 years at Level 2 status making sure my metrics were good and FINALLY it happened

I became a TOP RATED SELLER! Amazing! I told my family they congratulated me, and everything was good....for 24 Hours

And then it was gone! I became a LEVEL TWO seller again.  What was going on here?

I wrote to Fiverr explained how puzzled I was and got told that this was a 'system error' 

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, hope you are well!

I understand that your Level changed yesterday, so I'll provide a further explanation for this.

There was a glitch in our system that automatically changed some of our user's Levels. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience.

I reviewed your account and I have noticed that you are a very talented seller, so I'm sure you will become our Top Rated Seller in no time.

Thank you for understanding.

All the best,

what a terrible response!

It makes no sense either as according to Fiverrs own TOP RATED Criteria 

Our editorial team manually reviews your performance for the previous 60 days and awards you this level when you meet the following requirements:

So its a MANUAL process, only top rated is a manual process according to Fiverr so it cannot therefore be a glitch.

I am awaiting a reply to this, a proper one!

I am just wondering if any one has had a similar experience to mine?

• Like 9
  • Sad 10
  • Up 3

24 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, aa_production said:

I think they did it on purpose.

Or, maybe it really was a glitch, just as Fiverr said. 

It baffles me as to why so many users instantly jump to the "Fiverr did this to mess with me" perspective, when errors pop up, or things don't go as a seller wants them to go. Maybe, just maybe, it really was a glitch in the system. Fiverr is not out to purposely hurt their sellers.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

Hi Trade4real. I'm sure the glitch must have been really frustrating.

I managed to get my TRS status a month after hitting all the required metrics. After having a look at your profile, here are some tips:

• Get yourself a success manager via the Seller Plus program if you haven't already. My success manager provided me with all the necessary insights into what goes into getting the TRS level, and what I need to change in my gigs.
  • Completely frankly, the videos and thumbnails are pretty bad. These are crucial in getting the TRS level. I see that your prices are high, invest in getting some professional thumbnails done. Get yourself a microphone, record a good video and hire an editor to get them looking really professional. Even if all that would cost you 500-700$, you will get that money back in no time.
  • Add different packages for all your gigs, I see that you have just one package to choose from in your gigs. This also makes a difference.

PS. mediocre thumbnails instantly take away your opportunity of becoming TRS. They are one of the key components

Edited by mt_dev
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aa_production said:

On fiverr I'm with different user name 🙂

Even though it's against the rules to have more than one account?

58 minutes ago, aa_production said:

Top rated is something that one celebrate. Friends,family everyone knows about.

Really? Most of my family doesn't even know what Fiverr is. Some friends do know about it, but they don't know about seller levels.

It never occurred to me that someone would tell their entire family and all of their friends about Fiverr.

Anyway, back to the topic:

3 hours ago, trade4real said:

I am just wondering if any one has had a similar experience to mine?

Not the same experience as yours since I haven't fulfilled the TRS requirements yet, but the leveling system does seem to be glitchy. My Analytics page still says that the evaluation will end on April 15th.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, aa_production said:

Success manager didn't bother to reply for last 3 days

I had the same thing happen to me as I had a question why the April 15th evaluation was going into the 18th.

I wouldn't say my manager didn't bother to answear for 2 days since she usually does in a few hours. It was holiday time for most of us in those days. They also have their families and personal lives to take care of.

• Like 5

What kind of utopian life you came here from? Did you not see any mistakes big companies does? Didint you see a coke can with a dent? Didint you ever seen a a smartphone company takes back the products from the market because they have some faults in them? Didint you ever seen the rocket take off for the space mission and exploded in midway, killed the astronauts? Did you not heard about the nucleer power plants explode, destroying the environment?

Mistakes happen, automated or not.  You dont need to make a big fuss about it.

Edited by ozan_erdi
added nucleer power plants for extra drama
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, aa_production said:

Same happened with me!

Now, that is odd! 😳 Because even though you have been on Fiverr since 2018, you do not have any sales. 😱

How did you expect Fiverr to make you a Top  Rated Seller if you have not had any sales? 🤔

That makes as much sense as this new emoji. 🫃🏻

• Like 7
  • Haha 7
  • Up 1

@jonbaas  My friend, at the end who is at the fault.What do you think it felt to us?

I can't accept that a big company with highly skilled developers did this big mistake when this is a manual process since fiverr created!

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Or, maybe it really was a glitch, just as Fiverr said. 

It baffles me as to why so many users instantly jump to the "Fiverr did this to mess with me" perspective, when errors pop up, or things don't go as a seller wants them to go. Maybe, just maybe, it really was a glitch in the system. Fiverr is not out to purposely hurt their sellers.

Im not saying that. I never said there is a vendetta against me. I have the stats to be top rated, when it happens thats fine. 

But it doesn't Logically make sense that it's a glitch. Thats just a generic answer to fob us off. 

As being top rated is a MANUAL procress that involves human intervention and vetting so it cannot be a glitch. As you can be ONLY top rated by the editiorial teams intention

Any way i'll await their reply

Edited by trade4real
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, trade4real said:

Im not saying that. I never said there is a vendetta against me..... 

But it doesn't Logically make sense that it's a glitch. Thats just a generic answer to fob us off. 

But that's exactly what it sounds like you're saying. I even highlighted the point where you said "Fiverr is out to get us". 🙄

9 hours ago, trade4real said:

As being top rated is a MANUAL procress that involves human intervention and vetting so it cannot be a glitch.

Do you know the inner technical workings of Fiverr? If Fiverr says that it as a technical glitch, and it LOOKS like a technical glitch, then it's probably a technical glitch. Perhaps Fiverr has a limitation of spots available for TRS sellers, and the database accidentally made it possible for too many people to be promoted to TRS this month. Perhaps it might be best to let your complaints about this glitch go, and be the kind of great seller Fiverr might choose to promote next month.

In addition, you (any seller, really) do not need to be a Top Rated Seller to be successful on Fiverr. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, aa_production said:

My friend

Please do not call me that. I do not know you. 

at the end who is at the fault.

The technical glitch, that Fiverr already made known, caused the problem.

Still, it's just a site level. While it may feel prestigious to you, no one needs TRS in order to be successful on Fiverr. I know many incredibly successful freelancers -- myself included -- who have never been promoted to TRS.

can't accept that a big company with highly skilled developers did this big mistake when this is a manual process since fiverr created!

I'm sorry to hear that. However, your opinion on the matter still doesn't supercede Fiverr's announcement that it was, indeed, an unfortunate technical glitch. It happened to many people. It was clearly a glitch in their system.

To be honest, I don't understand why this is such a big complaint for you. YOU have no gigs, and have never made a sale, here on Fiverr. 🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, aa_production said:

you can have another account for fiverr forrum.

That is not true. Your Fiverr account is the same as your Fiverr Forum account. If it is discovered you have two Fiverr accounts, you will lose one of them eventualy.

Also, how could you be nominated for TRS when you do not have any reviews or gigs showing on your profile?

• Like 9

7 hours ago, aa_production said:

you can have another account for fiverr forrum.

In order to do that, you need to create another account on the main site, which is what you did, thus violating Fiverr's Terms of Service.

It's not possible to have an account just for forum. Not without having a connected account on the main site.

You might want to delete this aa_production account on the main site before you get caught breaking the rules. If you don't, you risk losing both accounts, and never being allowed to work on Fiverr again.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

It also happen to me!
and I still get like a template answer, I can't get technical detail how it's can happen. Same with you, I still confusion "editorial team manually reviews..."
And rather than template answer from their customer support, also I wouldn't get it in forum.
I think the big company like Fiverr shouldn't it be better to give proper compensation for the mistakes caused

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

What kind of compensation do you want in this case?

compensation as an apology. no specifications
As I know the system should be tested properly before being released, if there is an error on the end user should be compensated so that the end user knows how much regret he has done

and as I know TRS system is not beta system!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, rrgraph said:

compensation as an apology.

Well, this is part of their  message, isn’t it? 👇

On 4/18/2022 at 11:35 PM, trade4real said:

There was a glitch in our system that automatically changed some of our user's Levels. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience.

If That apology is not enough What kind of apology are you expecting? 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

If That apology is not enough What kind of apology are you expecting? 

I think No!
Are you get mistake announcement too? If yes you should feel that we fill

We are real user, if any update should pass from many quality control, and Fiverr is big company with a big user also have a big expectation and trusted

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

So what exactly do you want fiver to do? 

Issue: Wrong TRS nomination announcement
Ways: another ways than the tips that CS give (that actually we have do) are follow Seller Plus
Reasonable compensation: Give free access for Seller Plus in a period to educate us from a professional not only from CS

I'm remember one thing about qualification for TRS, "community leadership". Are you doing something like this to get that qualification?
oh ya, I think you forgot to answer my question "Are you get mistake announcement too? "

Thanks,

• Like 5

10 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

That is not true. Your Fiverr account is the same as your Fiverr Forum account. If it is discovered you have two Fiverr accounts, you will lose one of them eventualy.

Also, how could you be nominated for TRS when you do not have any reviews or gigs showing on your profile?

I just checked and you were right.
I get to know it's the same account but Display name is different.
We can have different display name
https://community.fiverr.com/settings/

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, aa_production said:

@jonbaas  My friend, at the end who is at the fault.What do you think it felt to us?

I can't accept that a big company with highly skilled developers did this big mistake when this is a manual process since fiverr created!

Agreed they say being top rated is the result of a manual process from the editorial team. So if thats not the case, it's not truthful.  
Lets see what comes of it

• Like 9

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

Even though it's against the rules to have more than one account?

you can have another account for fiverr forrum. Fiverr forum account is not for either buying or selling.Also the reason was idk why my username was already occupied.
Peace

• Like 7
  • Confused 1