Wanting to include a new kind of service, curious to hear your insights!

sabinespoems

Question

Hi all! After having my custom poetry gig for little over a year now, I've noticed something with my buyers. Since my service often involves feelings and translating emotions, I have noticed some buyers have the need to talk about their experiences which sometimes involves some sort of mental strain. I don't mind it one bit, since it only helps me create a poem and besides that I simply love listening and helping others. Which is why I started to think about providing a service, but I'm not sure it will work.

I know lifestyle coaching is an accepted service on Fiverr. After some research (typing in the word 'friend' in the search bar gives quite a lot of results!), I noticed some people also offer a service I can best describe as fitting in a 'chat-based listening and advice' category. Basically allowing people to have a non-judgmental conversation with a stranger who isn't immediately a professional, because that sometimes turns the conversation in something 'too real' for someone. From experience, I know it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone you don't know. I'd love to do this as well, but not by jumping on a call with someone. 

I messaged CS to be sure this is allowed, but also because I wonder how you can deliver this 'product'. As the title says, I'd love to hear what some of you think about this so please let me know. Some honest advice, tips and tricks are welcome (even when you think this is ridiculous to offer, there's apparently a market for 😊)!

• Like 7

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I wonder how you can deliver this 'product'.

I've heard of a few methods, though it depends on how the gig is set up. One that I thought was good for "keep it from coming back and biting me" delivered screen shots of the entire conversation from the order page, but that one was based on 'I will exchange 20 messages' (I don't remember the exact service) and counted the message bubbles. Don't know how well it worked out for that seller, but I thought it was an interesting solution to avoiding an empty delivery.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

but that one was based on 'I will exchange 20 messages'

I didn't think of that approach, inventive! However for this kind of service it would be more based on time. But it did give me an idea! I could for example after the 30 minutes/one hour chat deliver a screen shot with 'beginning conversation' and 'end conversation', since it has a time stamp which would prove I 'delivered' the service 🤔

• Like 4