Customer Support has decided without listening to my position and cancel my order

sultaniyastudio

No one can complete their order this way if buyer did not send me complete pictures. His total order of 100 pic and he sent me just 30 pic. I gave him 30 percent of the work done and asked for the rest of the pictures when he had these pictures and his work was done so he did not send me the rest of the pictures and asked me to cancel the order without any resin when I contacted the customers, they asked me to complete the order.

The buyer did not have complete pictures. He wanted to save his money by lying and cancel the order.

7 hours ago, sultaniyastudio said:

I gave him 30 percent of the work done and asked for the rest of the pictures

And that’s where you made a mistake. Of course fiverr will cancel the order because you didn’t deliver completed work even though it is a client who didn’t give you pictures. 

Next time DO NOT start any work unless you have everything you need. A simple message to your client “unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to start the work until I have all pictures” will suffice. And then if they don’t send all their pictures in time then you just cancel the order without spending your time working on it or hurting your stats. 

On 4/18/2022 at 4:38 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

And that’s where you made a mistake. Of course fiverr will cancel the order because you didn’t deliver completed work even though it is a client who didn’t give you pictures. 

Next time DO NOT start any work unless you have everything you need. A simple message to your client “unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to start the work until I have all pictures” will suffice. And then if they don’t send all their pictures in time then you just cancel the order without spending your time working on it or hurting your stats. 

Canceling an order already hurting your stats for 60 days. Your completion rate will go down. If your service is not something like you can spam out like 10 cheap orders in a small time to recover the completion rate, you will get hurt.

With my gig, i usually take on bigger projects that takes a week or something. If i cancel one, my completion rate goes down to %80 instantly. That is devastating.

And after your completion rate goes down, fiverr algoritm starts to pull you out even more because you are considered "less succesfull" So your gig traffic declines and its harder to get new jobs to recover it. It is a very vicious cycle which a seller cant do much to prevent. CS will not help you if your client is tryng to exploit, because you can never truly prove that they are.

Client has almost total control to start a comission without your approval or without even asking you. When its something mathematical, you might be able to prove you have done the work. But when it comes to art, an abusive client has the power to say "its not good enough, i cant use it" and leave you with cancelation or a bad review. That is a nightmare.

That is something we have to face and live with. I have faced many of those people in 2.5 years. Got demoted because of it multiple times. Sometimes CS was able to help out with the stats, sometimes wasnt. Its luck of the draw, you cant really forsee what you will get.

However; there are couple of things you might be able to do. Some of them needs a greater gig profile so you can ignore the damage.

1 - You can try to talk with the client before the order is set(if they write you before ordering) and try to hunt down any red flags that is alerting you. And you can decline the job offer.

2 - If you feel you are being exploited, first talk to the client(of course with manners) to see if they are giving you straight answers. If they are avoiding the solutions you are giving to them, you need to contact the CS or cancel the order. CS will not be able to help you most of the cases, but sometimes when client does something by mistake (creating 2 orders instead of 1 or something by accident) CS will be able to prevent the reduction of the cancelation rate.

3- Try to be a part of the seller plus program. Those people are usually better at solving the situation with the CS, they are faster and more dedicated. If you are a part of it, you have better protection against those exploits.

4- If possible, try to do some fast, cheap jobs. Not for the money, but for the completion rate. So you can recover your gig before it has demoted.

5- Allways have everything you need before the order starts. Try to divide the big jobs into smaller comissions. If a person asks you to do 5 things, give them 5 seperate orders. Always create the new order once the previous one is completed and approved by the client. It sounds bad, but you have to create a need for your services so they rely on you to complete the rest of the work. 

Fiverr is a big place, lots of different kinds of buyers and sellers are here. So the person in front of you might also want to protect their rights, just like you. So when doing those things, do it with respect.

Archived