TRS Finally!!!!

shawnevian99

Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day.
Finally I got the TRS badge after a long wait, it's like a dream come true because I have work so hard for this.

I need your opinion for the future of my gig. My gig prices are currently lower than the other TRS sellers in my field, do you think I should increase them? Or what adjustments should I make in my gig so that I can get benefit of the TRS and also maintain the quality of the work. Any tips or ideas?

Thank You.

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 7

Congrats. It's a nice feeling, isn't it. You probably should, if the quality of your deliverables and buyer experience backs it.

Keep in mind that people's expectations are higher when they buy from a TRS and when they pay more. That you may lose some customers if you price yourself out of their budget and that it may take time to gain a new/different group of customers.

You may also want to remind yourself to make extra-sure that your deliverables are on TRS level, maybe do an additional final check, maybe rethink and modify your delivery messages, etc. 

If other TRSs in your field get "enough" orders with higher prices, there's a good chance that it will work out for you, but there's always a bit of a risk involved, so the personal situation of a seller plays a role, too. If you're the only person who is responsible for keeping a roof over your and your child's head, without any savings, and a reduction of incoming orders for a month or two would be a major issue, you might want to be careful; if you're young, without any real responsibilities, or have savings that would get you through a phase with fewer orders, you have much less to fear, and it's far easier to give recommendations like 'Life is about taking risks', or 'Sure, go for it!' then.

It might be a good idea to do a big revamping of your Gigs at the same time you increase your pricing, to upgrade the visuals, wording, maybe the Gig packages set-up, as a visual cue for your current and former clients, that you have matured and that they get to benefit from your increased experience and maturity, and that might make it easier for them to want to take that step with you than if the only different thing they see is a higher price.

However, keep in mind that you got the TRS level with the current status quo of your Gigs and profile, so, if you edit them, make darn sure they'll look better and classier! 

I hope some of that was useful. Again, congrats, and don't forget to celebrate! 🙂

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 3

25 minutes ago, miiila said:

Congrats. It's a nice feeling, isn't it. You probably should, if the quality of your deliverables and buyer experience backs it.

Keep in mind that people's expectations are higher when they buy from a TRS and when they pay more. That you may lose some customers if you price yourself out of their budget and that it may take time to gain a new/different group of customers.

You may also want to remind yourself to make extra-sure that your deliverables are on TRS level, maybe do an additional final check, maybe rethink and modify your delivery messages, etc. 

If other TRSs in your field get "enough" orders with higher prices, there's a good chance that it will work out for you, but there's always a bit of a risk involved, so the personal situation of a seller plays a role, too. If you're the only person who is responsible for keeping a roof over your and your child's head, without any savings, and a reduction of incoming orders for a month or two would be a major issue, you might want to be careful; if you're young, without any real responsibilities, or have savings that would get you through a phase with fewer orders, you have much less to fear, and it's far easier to give recommendations like 'Life is about taking risks', or 'Sure, go for it!' then.

It might be a good idea to do a big revamping of your Gigs at the same time you increase your pricing, to upgrade the visuals, wording, maybe the Gig packages set-up, as a visual cue for your current and former clients, that you have matured and that they get to benefit from your increased experience and maturity, and that might make it easier for them to want to take that step with you than if the only different thing they see is a higher price.

However, keep in mind that you got the TRS level with the current status quo of your Gigs and profile, so, if you edit them, make darn sure they'll look better and classier! 

I hope some of that was useful. Again, congrats, and don't forget to celebrate! 🙂

very nice explanation 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, timir69 said:

how long it takes to get the badge ? 

A month, a year or never. 

3 minutes ago, timir69 said:

very nice explanation 

Posts for the sake of posting, I assume?

29 minutes ago, miiila said:

I agree, people have much higher expectations if you increase your prices, no matter what level you have. At the end of the day, I think lots of people don't really check or care about levels. They just want someone to do a good job within their budget. There will be people that always want the cheapest possible option, so any price increase will lead to issues. I lowered my word count with 100 words and I already had someone unhappy with the change because he doesn't want to pay slightly more. Most people will understand, unfortunately some won't, but that's the nature of business. Getting a badge is great for personal satisfaction, but if you want to increase prices, that does mean you must provide an even better quality..

• Like 14

2 hours ago, miiila said:

The other TRSs are getting pretty good responses with High Price Tags so that is why I was considering increasing the gig prices a bit. My main concern is delivering great work to maintain the TRS level. And to get less order with high prices so it is easier to manage them. But yeah I will work on a revamp too. Thank You for your suggestions. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, timir69 said:

I mean after completing all the requirements, how much time or effort need to get the badge  

It's manually offered by Fiverr. So it all comes down to how Fiverr sees your profile. Many times, it won't matter how much effort you place in your work and how much you sell. You won't receive the badge. So, you migth be lucky to get it in a few months. Or you may never get it at all. The main focus should be on improving your skills and work quality, any accolades and badges will eventually come if you make people happy.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's manually offered by Fiverr. So it all comes down to how Fiverr sees your profile. Many times, it won't matter how much effort you place in your work and how much you sell. You won't receive the badge. So, you migth be lucky to get it in a few months. Or you may never get it at all. The main focus should be on improving your skills and work quality, any accolades and badges will eventually come if you make people happy.

yeah i have seen so many seller that complete all the task but they get the badge after a manual judgement 

• Like 11

Just now, timir69 said:

yeah i have seen so many seller that complete all the task but they get the badge after a manual judgement 

Many never get it.

But don't be discouraged by that, it's just a badge. There are level 2 sellers who earn more than some TRS. And I'm guessing you're here to earn more than you're here to get a golden badge that means absolutely nothing outside of Fiverr.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

a golden badge that means absolutely nothing outside of Fiverr.

To be honest even on Fiverr, a lot more buyers are interested in prices rather than the seller being a TRS or level 2. It's great to have though, at least from a motivational standpoint, it shows you are doing things right, and you feel that boost to work even more to fulfill other goals.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Many never get it.

But don't be discouraged by that, it's just a badge. There are level 2 sellers who earn more than some TRS. And I'm guessing you're here to earn more than you're here to get a golden badge that means absolutely nothing outside of Fiverr.

so its means all you have to do is keep earning ......

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, timir69 said:

so its means all you have to do is keep earning ......

I think the idea here is that you should continue doing good work and keeping customers happy. That badge comes eventually. You shouldn't work towards getting the badge, instead it should arrive as an accolade for your achievements on the platform. That's how I treat it anyway. 

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...