Buyers ignoring request to contact before ordering

saritkeren596

Hi guys, in that stage I believe that I've tried everything, but buyers are just ignoring the simple request to contact beforehand and of course they're ignoring the description written in the gigs.

What else can I do? I want to deliever within a timeframe of 24 hours, but it's impossible because buyers order right away.... and send unrelated or undoable projects and that lead to cancellations.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Fiverr is set up as a 'see it and buy it' type marketplace, so buyers can click on your gig in order directly. If you find a lot of buyers are ordering the wrong thing, perhaps your gig description is not clear enough. You can also set up additional requirements for the gig that they must answer clearly before they place the order. I suppose you could make one something like "I have contacted the seller before placing this order to discuss the project," with a yes/no checkbox. There is no TOS rule, however, that buyers have to contact sellers first, so there's not much else you can do.

41 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Fiverr is set up as a 'see it and buy it' type marketplace, so buyers can click on your gig in order directly. If you find a lot of buyers are ordering the wrong thing, perhaps your gig description is not clear enough. You can also set up additional requirements for the gig that they must answer clearly before they place the order. I suppose you could make one something like "I have contacted the seller before placing this order to discuss the project," with a yes/no checkbox. There is no TOS rule, however, that buyers have to contact sellers first, so there's not much else you can do.

Thanks. As far as I know the buyers can totally ignore from filling requirements (And they indeed did) because they get invoice before getting to the requirements stage. I believe my gigs can't be more clearer than what they are already...  

2 hours ago, saritkeren596 said:

Hi guys, in that stage I believe that I've tried everything, but buyers are just ignoring the simple request to contact beforehand and of course they're ignoring the description written in the gigs.

What else can I do? I want to deliever within a timeframe of 24 hours, but it's impossible because buyers order right away.... and send unrelated or undoable projects and that lead to cancellations.

Unfortunately you can’t do anything regarding this. Even I deal with this sometimes 😒

2 hours ago, melanielm said:

melanielm is right 🙂

I believe the best method to let them know is to add "Required Questions" to your gig and urge them to just supply the information you require. You could also try changing the title of your gig to let them know.

2 hours ago, shahzad79211 said:

melanielm is right 🙂

I believe the best method to let them know is to add "Required Questions" to your gig and urge them to just supply the information you require. You could also try changing the title of your gig to let them know.

But they can skip "Required questions" can't them? What do you mean by changing the title of the gig?

There are many, many threads on this topic, including the one linked below. As the others have said, short story is, buyers can click "buy" without ever having looked at a word on your gig.  For 90% of the cases, I support this type of commerce. 

Archived