Important tip for buyers

okgreat

From my experience as a buyer, I feel you should always contact first. If I have a quick chat before ordering, then I know what I am getting at the end. I guess this will avoid any confusion between seller and buyer.

While I agree with the idea that if you have a complex project you should contact the seller before buying, but how do you stop sellers from posting a 24hr gig and then waiting 8-10hrs and then asking for a mutual cancellation?

I spent 30 minutes uploading and describing 4 different simple Photoshop gigs that were supposed to be done in 24hrs and then 8hrs later I wake up to cancellation requests. They had no gigs in the que and delivered one 8hrs prior.

PLUS, now that mutual cancellations don’t effect ratings at all there is more likelihood for this.

Also there’s a gig on here that isn’t $5 at all. There is nothing offered for ‘a gig’. I saw the software available and in the description the seller will install it for $50 but when you don’t want the install then all of a sudden it’s 5gigs. Not one thing available for a fiverr.

I’ve bought over 100 gigs and the community of sellers is getting corrupt as corrupt can get. No offense to sellers doing their job, but there is too much bs going on anymore these days.

• 4 years later...

Archived