*International Design Day is coming!* How should we celebrate?

n_benzbar

International Design Day has been celebrated on April 27th since 1995 (before that it was called World Design Day) and it marks the day the International Council of Design was founded (in 1963). In their words: "It's an opportunity to recognize the value of design and its capacity for effective change. On this day, we challenge designers to reflect deeply on the well-being of people within their local environments and to find innovative solutions to local needs by using design as a vehicle to honor diversity and transcend borders."

How do you think we should be celebrating? Comment below with your best idea!

*would love to hear your funny, funky, stupid, crazy, romantic ideas!
**In the image: a #madeonfiverr idea

Plastic life.png

7 hours ago, n_benzbar said:

funny, funky, stupid, crazy, romantic ideas

7 hours ago, n_benzbar said:

"It's an opportunity to recognize the value of design and its capacity for effective change. On this day, we challenge designers to reflect deeply on the well-being of people within their local environments and to find innovative solutions to local needs by using design as a vehicle to honor diversity and transcend borders."

Serious/thoughtful/awareness not permitted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZLB8CyPbM

I love this idea and this challenge definitely takes some thought. When I think about the people in my local environment the challenges we face are related to a more natural way of living.  Even though we can’t help with good quality, I think it’s effective if more designers think about sustainable design. This week I’ll take the time to search out more sustainable solutions for clients. 

On 4/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, livingbright said:

I love this idea and this challenge definitely takes some thought. When I think about the people in my local environment the challenges we face are related to a more natural way of living.  Even though we can’t help with good quality, I think it’s effective if more designers think about sustainable design. This week I’ll take the time to search out more sustainable solutions for clients. 

Amazing idea! Sustainability is so important and defiantly a hot topic these days. taking the time this week to let it shine within our work is wonderful.

Archived