Number of characters allowed in profile write-up

brigantine1823

Question

Hi,

When first filling out the profile I wrote far too many characters. In red font I was told my limit is 450 characters.

Now I’ve reduced the characters (with spaces) to 336, but in editing mode I’ve been cut down to 293 words. Why? I’ve now written a very short profile, but the program won’t include all of what I’ve written. What do I do to get all 336 words (with spaces) into my profile?

Author — UNCHARTED VOYAGE A Novel of International fragglesrock Trafficking — fragglesrock , fragglesrock & other eRetailers. Enter: fragglesrock . In this classic, fast-paced thriller, the author delivers a scathing and thoroughly researched exposé of one of the world’s most ancient though still largely ignored crimes. 336

Author — UNCHARTED VOYAGE A Novel of International fragglesrock Trafficking — fragglesrock , fragglesrock & other eRetailers. Enter: fragglesrock . In this classic, fast-paced thriller, the author delivers a scathing and thoroughly researched exposé of one of the world’s most a /293

Thanks,

Rafael

18 answers to this question

Guest studiovoicepro

I just went into my profile pages to make some edits and found that my very important INSTRUCTIONS sections are all jacked up with regard to character count. They are showing totally inaccurate, WAY over the limit character counts…BUT THEY ARE NOT! Weeks ago, I took the time and I carefully worded every section to make sure they:

A) Said everything I needed to say

AND

B) Stayed within Fiverr’s character count limits

I know someone will advise me to contact Customer Support about this, but sadly, I have learned that they are about as helpful to us Sellers as the flu. They do not give a S&%@

about the sellers. It is absurd. I have given up on customer “support”.

Guest lisha5684

I agree that we should basically be able to write as much as we want in out about section (I guess within reason). And the main profile page can be limited to 300 words or whatnot, and maybe there can me a “…more>” link to read the rest. Same with the gig descriptions. Some of my gigs are very complicated and I want to explain the gig extras in the description as well. So it’s be nice if we could add more there too. And even worse is the gig instructions to buyers. I definitely need more there sometimes because that is very tiny!

Reply to @madmoo: if the customer is king, what is the seller? I would have said something here, but it’s rather inappropriate… my persistent problem is that buyers have the right to alter our ratings through useless cancellations, and this is what’s bugging me for a loooong time! And because of this, it just feels like buyers have all rights and sellers have only a handful, since buyers can destroy sellers 😦 and if buyers destroy good sellers, what will this marketplace become?

hotwebideas said: We need a good WYSIWYG editor for the gig description formats.

I've always suggested this feature for years now, because plain text isn't enough anymore.. we, sellers, already started filling our descriptions with various symbols (✓, •, ☛ text ☚, » «, and so on) to attract attention or to emphasize things... so HTML tags would be really helpful for us, Fiverr team...

madmoo said: but the important CV section of our profile is reduced to a couple of sentences or a very short paragraph

Probably because sellers are not as important as buyers are :(

We need a good WYSIWYG editor for the gig description formats.

@Rafael: You said “A Novel of International fragglesrock Trafficking” The word “fragglesrock” appeared 4 times in your OP.

FYI: fragglesrock is the word that replaces anything that is censored in this forum or anything that breaks TOS, so I am just letting you know that what you typed did not make it all.

Archived