"We noticed an increased activity from your IP address and we restricted access"

aggie_n

Question

I've been getting "locked out" of Fiverr in the past few days with this message on the screen. It also says that they will take a look and re-enable the access in one hour. 

Does anybody know why this happens, whether it affects my gig's ranking, and how to avoid it?

I am very active on Fiverr throughout the day, but I didn't think this was somehow frowned upon or against the rules. What can I do?

• Like 13

9 answers to this question

Maybe it looks to the system as if you are using something like an auto-refresher to appear online, which is being frowned upon/against the rules, yes. 

If you are "very active" (not sure what exactly that means 🙂 ) in a normal way, like reading buyer requests, delivering your orders, replying to messages, that's not against the rules, of course. You could contact support and ask them. Not sure what else you could do, other than be less active (which doesn't make sense if you're active with reason, obviously), perhaps try out a different browser (Fiverr used to recommend Chrome, as it's optimized for that) and see if it's the same then.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, aggie_n said:

I am very active on Fiverr throughout the day, but I didn't think this was somehow frowned upon or against the rules. What can I do?

Do you have 10-20 tabs open at the same time with Fiverr orders/gigs, etc? I do, and whenever I restart my browser they restrict me a bit until I complete their captcha.. Not sure if it's exactly what you are going through.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, aggie_n said:

and how to avoid it?

Don't load/reload Fiverr pages quite so often or (maybe more likely) don't load them so soon after previously loading a Fiverr page. I've also had it give a captcha or something after restarting a browser that had a lot of Fiverr tabs loaded (since it can then load the Fiverr pages very fast after each other).

It might something to do with the number of Fiverr page loads within a certain time (eg. an hour) but can give a message if you load eg. 10 tabs and take less than a second to load each new tab. Maybe refreshing a search/subcategory page within a few seconds without changing anything might have done that.

But if multiple people were sharing the same IP address it might not be something you had done. There are ways to be given a new IP address though (so maybe really Fiverr should check more than the IP address). But really you shouldn't be punished for doing things too fast (or just loading a browser with many tabs open). Fiverr might think it's a bot/autorefresher but they shouldn't punish normal users just for working fast/doing normal things (maybe they need a better detection algorithm).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Do you have 10-20 tabs open at the same time with Fiverr orders/gigs, etc? I do, and whenever I restart my browser they restrict me a bit until I complete their captcha.. Not sure if it's exactly what you are going through.

Yes, I do. That might be the problem I guess. Thank you!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Don't load/reload Fiverr pages quite so often or (maybe more likely) don't load them so soon after previously loading a Fiverr page. I've also had it give a captcha or something after restarting a browser that had a lot of Fiverr tabs loaded (since it can then load the Fiverr pages very fast after each other).

It might something to do with the number of Fiverr page loads within a certain time (eg. an hour) but can give a message if you load eg. 10 tabs and take less than a second to load each new tab. Maybe refreshing a search/subcategory page within a few seconds without changing anything might have done that.

But if multiple people were sharing the same IP address it might not be something you had done. There are ways to be given a new IP address though (so maybe really Fiverr should check more than the IP address). But really you shouldn't be punished for doing things too fast (or just loading a browser with many tabs open). Fiverr might think it's a bot/autorefresher but they shouldn't punish normal users just for working fast/doing normal things (maybe they need a better detection algorithm).

Thank you! I do have multiple Fiverr tabs open with different forum topics and gigs, so refreshing them and restarting my browser may look like too much activity to them. That's a bummer. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, aggie_n said:

Thank you! I do have multiple Fiverr tabs open with different forum topics and gigs, so refreshing them and restarting my browser may look like too much activity to them.

I could be be wrong but I think it's more likely that the main Fiverr site that will give problems with tabs loading too fast/too many page views, though the community URL is community.fiverr.com, I think it's probably rare to get issues like that on the forum. Wasn't the "increased activity" and IP address restriction because of what you did on the main site (eg. probably loading things too fast/too many times in too short time span - or your browser doing that if it had many Fiverr tabs open on the main site when restarting)? On the forum I've had it think I'm a bot when I edited posts too fast after posting them though.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I could be be wrong but I think it's more likely that the main Fiverr site that will give problems with tabs loading too fast/too many page views, though the community URL is community.fiverr.com, I think it's probably rare to get issues like that on the forum. Wasn't the "increased activity" and IP address restriction because of what you did on the main site (eg. probably loading things too fast/too many times in too short time span - or your browser doing that if it had many Fiverr tabs open on the main site when restarting)? On the forum I've had it think I'm a bot when I edited posts too fast after posting them though.

Yeah I usually load things fast and open a lot of gig pages when browsing, then editing my gig at the same time, refreshing buyer's requests, etc. I'm just gonna slow down a bit for now lol. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1