How to rank my gig to first page

habeebllah051

17 hours ago, habeebllah051 said:

my gig didnot rank on fiverr.

There is no rank in the Fiverr search system. That's not how Fiverr works. Fiverr's system works to custom-match gigs to the buyers who are most likely to purchase them. Fiverr is not a ranked search system, like Google.

17 hours ago, habeebllah051 said:

wrote all my gig with the following fiverr factors.

What are the following factors? 
there is no following factors to create a gig. And being shown in search depends on your performance or how people react to your gig in search 

4 hours ago, jonbaas said:

There is no rank in the Fiverr search system. That's not how Fiverr works

If there's no rank in the Fiverr search system, why does Fiverr have a vacancy for a data scientist to "...help shape our algorithms and ML platform" with experience in "...production-level code and deployment...".

See https://www.fiverr.com/jobs/OTQuNjAz

requiring:

3+ years of production environment experience, working with predictive and probabilistic models, clustering algorithms, classification models, search and recommendation techniques.

to...

Take leading roles in projects such as search engine ranking, promoted ads in Fiverr’s search results, recommendations, user segmentation and personalization, online bidding optimization, text analysis...

So why would Fiverr want a data scientist with 3+ years of production environment experience working with "....search and recommendation techniques" to work on promoted ads in Fiverr's search results, recommendations and search engine ranking if there is no ranking in Fiverr's search system?

Are you claiming that the search engine ranking project(s) they want them to work on is on (or how Fiverr's pages will appear on) other sites (eg. Google)? And if so, why would they require 3 years experience of working with "...search and recommendation techniques."?

To rank your Fiverr gig on the first page your should do SEO of your gig.
  1. Add title with specific keyword.
  2. Click on SEO button and add the same keyword in this section as well.
  3. Use the keyword in the first line of description multiple time.
  4. Add proper tags that reflect your gig and keyword.

1 hour ago, shahriyarmamun said:
To rank your Fiverr gig on the first page your should do SEO of your gig.
  1. Add title with specific keyword.
  2. Click on SEO button and add the same keyword in this section as well.
  3. Use the keyword in the first line of description multiple time.
  4. Add proper tags that reflect your gig and keyword.

These has nothing to do with ranking on fiverr. 

11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

So why would Fiverr want a data scientist with 3+ years of production environment experience working with "....search and recommendation techniques" to work on promoted ads in Fiverr's search results, recommendations and search engine ranking if there is no ranking in Fiverr's search system?

You'll have to ask Fiverr that question.

As I, others, and even Frank, have told you many times, the system does not operate on rank. It's a matching system, not a ranking system (like the old system).

Just now, uk1000 said:

Except the Fiverr help pages etc. say differently. And not one Fiverr staff member has said anything which confirms what you keep saying.

As has already been stated in recent conversations on this topic, I have more interest in trusting @frank_d and his current knowledge and assessment (graciously shared with all of us, I might add), than site pages that may not have been updated in years. Until a Fiverr staff member, as you noted, steps forward to directly prove Frank wrong (which I doubt, since Frank has actually talked to staff members about related issues), I will value Frank's tested findings as a valid understanding of how the system works. 

Frank's findings make complete sense, and are useful to anyone seeking to operate successful gigs, here on Fiverr.

15 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Until a Fiverr staff member...

This is what a Fiverr staff member (through customer support) said today (8th April 2022) about gig ranking/Fiverr search ranking (I've added some highlighting of my own to it. note: I mentioned how gig/search ranking is mentioned in the Fiverr help pages etc.):

...Thank you for reaching out to me regarding the mixed information about Gig ranking and its impact.

If you are to choose between The Forum or the Help page in regards to reliability, please, note that all information provided in the Help&Support section of the platform is official and correct.

Gigs' position and availability on search are determined automatically and cannot be manually adjusted. 
Fiverr does not guarantee that your gig will appear in our search. 
Only gigs that meet our editorial focus will appear. 
Gig’s exposure is based on your performance on Fiverr compared to the rest of the sellers in your sub-category.

There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include order cancellations, delivery rate, responsiveness, etc.
The algorithm includes more than 50 variables, and one of them is the Gig ranking.
Also, the gigs are being repositioned on a daily basis, so that more users can be noticed. 
It is a process carried out by an algorithm, so it can't be manually adjusted.

Fiverr's Customer Support doesn't accept requests for better gig placement. 

I hope that addresses your concerns, my team and I are here if anything else comes up...

So based on that, it seems like it wouldn't be correct to say that "There is no rank in the Fiverr search system.", since the Fiverr staff member said "...The algorithm includes more than 50 variables, and one of them is the Gig ranking." and they say what is said in the help page[s] is official and correct (and there it mentions gig/search ranking).

23 hours ago, jonbaas said:

You'll have to ask Fiverr that question.

As I, others, and even Frank, have told you many times, the system does not operate on rank. It's a matching system, not a ranking system (like the old system).

I believe Fiverr operates with matching system in mind, but there is still hundred thousands of gig here that has to be ranked if we think about scale alone. If someone wanted minimal social media poster I am pretty sure there is like thousand matches. That's where data scientist could be used. Determine which one could be legit, should be shown on top etc... aka ranking. 🤷‍♂️

Ugh, this conversation again.

I’m sleep deprived as I am trying to get multiple projects completed before flying out to Fiverr’s HQ on Monday, so I initially wanted to stay out of this convo.

But I can’t stay out of it.

So here’s my take:

@uk1000 I won’t argue on technical terms usage anymore. When people come here on the forum and throw the word “rank” around they have no idea what they are talking about. What they usually really mean is “my gig used to be on page X and now it’s on page x+5.

Which tells me they are still thinking in terms of google search results and SEO hacks.

Hence my opposition to the use of the term “ranking”.

Relevance is a key component. Performance is another key component. A gig needs both in order to get served in a meaningful position when a buyer searches for something.

I hope this clarifies my position on the matter.

I understand that Fiverr still needs to grade and choose where each gig will be served, so yes there is still a specific way Fiverr arranges gigs based on their stats and relevancy.

I just think that when most people on this forum mention the term “rank” they are thinking of the old system, when there was a home page and everyone was trying to be on it. 

As for the CS agent: they are just doing their jobs. They have access to scripts and those scripts are written to cater to the types of messages they are bombarded with on a daily basis. Can you take a guess as to what those messages are about? 😉 

They have limited access to information is what I am getting at. Someone from management prepared a statement for them to pass along. 

but they weren’t lying when they said that none of this is controlled manually. 

P.S.

I am not a fan of theory and just talking about things. I am a tinkerer and I am always intrigued by how systems work. 

This is the main reason why I am always trying to dig deep and come up with answers. 

I am also eating my own dog food. What I share/preach, is what I use when formulating long/short term strategy.

My profile is a reflection of whether or not I am wrong and by how much. 🙂 

But if someone just doesn't like a particular term surely we shouldn't be using that reason to say "x does not exist" in reply to many posts just because we don't like the term x. Surely it's misleading if x does exist but you don't like the term (but it's the term the Fiverr help pages and Fiverr staff use).

Maybe the posts could go a bit further and (while accepting that gigs/results do get ranked) give a fuller explanation in reply to posts about gig rank (eg. that gig positions can change frequently, that many variables are taken into account and list some things like CS/the help does - eg. cancellations, responsiveness, on-time deliveries, maybe non-public reviews, and yes relevancy etc.).

If you're going to Fiverr HQ maybe there could be a discussion with them what the best terminology to use is so that CS can give the same terminology and the help pages can too.

10 hours ago, frank_d said:

My profile is a reflection of whether or not I am wrong and by how much

But this isn't about you being incorrect in the way things work, but that you don't like particular terminology, and that's being used by posters to say things don't exist when they do (when it's just that you prefer other terminology - eg. to describe how gigs get ordered for display to users).

28 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But if someone just doesn't like a particular term surely we shouldn't be using that reason to say "x does not exist"

It’s also not fair to call search system “ranking system” when ranking is only one part of the search system.

We don’t call a burger “tomato” just because it has a tomato in it. 

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

but that you don't like particular terminology, and that's being used by posters to say things don't exist when they do (when it's just that you prefer other terminology - eg. to describe how gigs get ordered for display to users).

This actually goes deeper.

I’m not tip toeing around a term I don’t like. It’s not a matter of preference.

I am trying to help people see the bigger picture and at the same time I am hoping I can help elevate the marketplace by educating sellers.

Most of Fiverr’s “biased” actions towards sellers stems from sellers either gaming the system or not behaving professionally.

So if I don’t try to address the issues then things will just keep getting worse for everyone.

And Fiverr’s job is to be as opaque as possible when it comes to their algorithms and what it takes to really get your gig up there.

So it’s quite difficult to figure out what to do when people post on the forum and talk about ranking. I can clearly see they are there to look for a hack to “get then to first page” and that’s never going to work. Same for all the people posting about how “everything was perfect and now my gigs are not indexed all of the sudden”. They ask about “getting their rank back” when it is clearly a performance issue.

Maybe you are correct in how we need to find a way to talk about what ranking really is nowadays (as it’s definitely not what it used to be) whilst we don’t encourage members who think changing their tags will get them to “1st page”.

Can you help me @uk1000 navigate this and come up with a solution?

How can we help educate fellow forum members?

52 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It’s also not fair to call search system “ranking system” when ranking is only one part of the search system.

Probably. I'm not sure the whole thing is really being called that (though in a way it does rank many different things and if it thinks some things are too irrelevant it won't show it at all - though I'd think the way it indexes for some searches it won't even get very irrelevant results to rank/display at all).

One thing that the CS staff member said was:

The algorithm includes more than 50 variables, and one of them is the Gig ranking

When the CTO of Fiverr in the 2017 transcript said "Our search leverage large amount of features beyond relevancy in order to have better performing ranking...One of, I would call it boosts that our search algorithm gives is floating up with some volume, those sellers who are available online.
In a way that the overall experience of both buyer and seller is actually better. That’s an example for one feature that our search engine looks at as we do the ranking of available gigs".

I don't know if they are talking about 2 slightly differently things there.  The CS staff member was talking about gig ranking being one of more than 50 variables, whereas the ordering of the final results (ie. how it determines the order that they show gigs on each page of results) could also called ranking. I don't know if the CTO of Fiverr was talking more about the "overall ranking" (that determines the order the gigs are shown in search results for the selected sort etc.), not that gig rank was just one of >50 variables.

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

Can you help me @uk1000 navigate this and come up with a solution?

How can we help educate fellow forum members?

Maybe come up with a standard response that could be quoted, which could have info from the help page(s) and/or from the responses that CS give, ie. that have info on various other things that it takes into account (eg. response times, cancellations, on-time deliveries, probably non-public reviews), that gig positions change frequently (that you can't be guaranteed a gig position), etc. Maybe the help pages that talk about about SEO could distinguish more when they are talking about external search engines and when they are talking about search on the Fiverr site (eg. creating a good URL is likely most important for external sites not really searches from Fiverr).

I can clearly see they are there to look for a hack to “get then to first page” and that’s never going to work.

Though you don't want to give "hacks"/tricks you could have a link/quote that talks about relevancy and what is likely to give a higher chance that it will be shown further up than it might. eg. if someone wants their gig to be found for the word x, there's probably better places to use that word than others (eg. in the gig title is probably a lot better than towards the end of the gig description, since Fiverr will likely see it as more relevant to the gig if it's in the title).

But maybe it could be discussed with Fiverr, and there could be standard pages (either help pages in the main site or forum threads that could be linked to) for common rank questions.

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I see you were talking about jonbass' post when he said "it's not a ranking system". But one of the main jobs of the search system is to rank the results in some sort of order. So saying "it's not a ranking system" when ranking results/gigs is one of its main purposes is kind of misleading.

Archived