I only get 40% from a Tip

Hello, I am a new seller, yesterday I was tipped by my buyer with $10 but in my pending clearance I only  receive $4 instead of $8. Is it normal on fiverr? I thought I fiverr would only takes 20% from the total amount not 60%.

I already message the support but he said nothing wrong with it.

Thankyou for the response 🙂

Edited by anz_rama
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

Hello there.

Was the actual order amount $5? Order amount and tip are processed separately, so you need to look for both order and tip revenue in your Pending Clearance queue. If the order was for $5, you'd find $4 for the order, and $8 for the tip. 

Else, yes, what exactly did support reply?

Check this Help Center page for more info about your Earnings page. I don't think it mentions tips, but it does say that Gig Extras are also handled as a separate entry, those things are always good to know, and you'll find much more useful info in the Help Center. I'd go through it all when you have some free time.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, miiila said:

Hello there.

Was the actual order amount $5? Order amount and tip are processed separately, so you need to look for both order and tip revenue in your Pending Clearance queue. If the order was for $5, you'd find $4 for the order, and $8 for the tip. 

Else, yes, what exactly did support reply?

Check this Help Center page for more info about your Earnings page. I don't think it mentions tips, but it does say that Gig Extras are also handled as a separate entry, those things are always good to know, and you'll find much more useful info in the Help Center. I'd go through it all when you have some free time.

Hi, my order total is $20 ($10 order and $10 tip) and on the pending clearance (19 Apr) I only get $8 and $4Screenshot_2022-04-05-15-38-04-39_5858a19279ddd3b9634277a5bf37e3bf.thumb.jpg.55290b46fa38bddf2f983043d23ea34e.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-05-15-38-40-18_5858a19279ddd3b9634277a5bf37e3bf.jpg

• Like 7

Ah, yes, I see, the "only a visual thing". There were other people also with "display issues" who got assured that it doesn't affect their earnings, I've had one too, it took a few months until they sorted out mine. Let's hope they'll be able to solve those visual things soon, and for good.

Did you download your earnings as .csv and check if it's the same there? You should download and store those anyway, to keep a record for bookkeeping/tax purposes.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, miiila said:

Ah, yes, I see, the "only a visual thing". There were other people also with "display issues" who got assured that it doesn't affect their earnings, I've had one too, it took a few months until they sorted out mine. Let's hope they'll be able to solve those visual things soon, and for good.

Did you download your earnings as .csv and check if it's the same there? You should download and store those anyway, to keep a record for bookkeeping/tax purposes.

Ahh, okay thankyou so much ☺️

And thankyou again for reminding me to download the csv file!

• Like 6