Scammers on Fiverr

Fiverr is a great platform for freelancers but there are scammers as well. 

I had a client who came to me for a  video editing project. I provided everything according to her instructions. But when i delivered the work she started asking for an  extra work, she asked me to add more things and to do more work which she was providing me in every revision she was making. I asked her politely that this work is extra and it will cost you more. But instead of talking about charges she started abusing me and showed me the bossy attitude and said just do it. She said that i have revisions and i will use it. 

Well, i did extra work as because i didn't want to cancel my order. She used all of her revisions and in every revision there was an additional work. 

When there were no revisions left, she accepted the order and left me bad feedback, i mean seriously? 

I worked day and night to complete her order and provided her extra work and in return she left me bad feedback? Is that the reward of my work? She left the bad feedback intentionally because i left no complaints about the work. I kept giving her quality of work. She had no chances of cancelling the order so she left bad rating. I contacted CS and explained them everything but nothing helped. 

I am in my struggling phase and i work hard to earn for my family and people come and scam you and Fiverr can't help you even. 

I am sharing this experience with you guys so that you guys can be aware of these scammers. 

Most of the scammers have no feedback on their profile and they join Fiverr to scam people. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

Fiverr is a great platform for freelancers but there are scammers as well. 

I had a client who came to me for a  video editing project. I provided everything according to her instructions. But when i delivered the work she started asking for an  extra work, she asked me to add more things and to do more work which she was providing me in every revision she was making. I asked her politely that this work is extra and it will cost you more. But instead of talking about charges she started abusing me and showed me the bossy attitude and said just do it. She said that i have revisions and i will use it. 

Well, i did extra work as because i didn't want to cancel my order. She used all of her revisions and in every revision there was an additional work. 

When there were no revisions left, she accepted the order and left me bad feedback, i mean seriously? 

I worked day and night to complete her order and provided her extra work and in return she left me bad feedback? Is that the reward of my work? She left the bad feedback intentionally because i left no complaints about the work. I kept giving her quality of work. She had no chances of cancelling the order so she left bad rating. I contacted CS and explained them everything but nothing helped. 

I am in my struggling phase and i work hard to earn for my family and people come and scam you and Fiverr can't help you even. 

I am sharing this experience with you guys so that you guys can be aware of these scammers. 

Most of the scammers have no feedback on their profile and they join Fiverr to scam people. 

Yes, you are right. This is exactly what happened to me once. But my luck was worse because my order was canceled....😥

• Like 5

9 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

Well, i did extra work as because i didn't want to cancel my order.

That's your problem, you agreed to complete work that she didn't purchase. You told here there was a cost to the extra work, and you still let her con you into doing it for free. You should have said no, and stuck to the terms of the purchased order. You LET her "abuse you". She is only entitled to the number of revisions she agreed to when she placed her order. You have every right to say "no" to more free revisions. If she needs more work/revisions beyond the order, she is required to purchase them. It's as simple as that.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jonbaas said:

That's your problem, you agreed to complete work that she didn't purchase. You told here there was a cost to the extra work, and you still let her con you into doing it for free. You should have said no, and stuck to the terms of the purchased order. You LET her "abuse you". She is only entitled to the number of revisions she agreed to when she placed her order. You have every right to say "no" to more free revisions. If she needs more work/revisions beyond the order, she is required to purchase them. It's as simple as that.

so if we say no then buyer left the bad feedback or cancel the order after getting the work. what do you think about it?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shahzaibch11223 said:

so if we say no then buyer left the bad feedback or cancel the order after getting the work. what do you think about it?

If you get a bad review, then you get a bad review. Learn something from the experience, stop pandering to bad buyers, and be clearer in the services you offer. If you have a lot of people misusing your included revisions, then alter your revisions policy to make it less likely for bad buyers, like that, to take advantage of you.

You are going to get bad feedback, and you are going to get order cancellations. That's part of being in business. If these two things are a continued problem for you, then adjust your services, and target better buyers.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I agree with your statement. I did mention to her about the charges for extra work, and i stuck to that as well, but she only said "Do what i have asked you" i did extra work because i didn't want to have a negative impact on my profile by canceling the order. Also the customer support was not helpful. So i had no support. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

i did extra work because i didn't want to have a negative impact on my profile by canceling the order.

Like I said... (reread my two comments in this topic).

3 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

Also the customer support was not helpful. So i had no support.

They always provide support. Perhaps you expected a level of support unrealistically higher than CS provides. 

• Like 4

So, you reluctantly agreed to perform extra work for no extra pay and still came away with a negative review? 😵Should have nipped it in the bud and requested a cancellation of the order once the buyer showed their true colors.

Establish your terms and boundaries and stick with them. Simply saying something doesn't mean much if you aren't willing to back them up with appropriate actions.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, enunciator said:

So, you reluctantly agreed to perform extra work for no extra pay and still came away with a negative review? 😵Should have nipped it in the bud and requested a cancellation of the order once the buyer showed their true colors.

Establish your terms and boundaries and stick with them. Simply saying something doesn't mean much if you aren't willing to back them up with appropriate actions.

Thanks for the great tips! 

I am actually new (around 1 year almost) on Fiverr. I am learning things day by day. Your comment was helpful 😃

• Like 2

This isn't neccesary a scam case, and with a 3 star rate doesn't end the world, i get actually many 1's, and keep selling, you have to live always with this risk; some will tell you that you shouldnt give any extra for free, but honestly, doing this the first time, i get too some of my first ever buyers, but you never know, is always a risk here, just keep cool, focus, and trying to give the best you can.

• Like 3