Essential tip for your Profile Image to avoid a Warning

miiila

As I've just seen it in a thread I was reading, but neither want to single out anyone, nor get into PMs with total strangers:

Do not use Fiverr's logo (or any other logo that isn't yours) in your profile image. Not the logo on its own, nor the logo as an overlay on your image.

One more tip, as one still sees it occasionally:

Do not use level badges or five stars in your profile image.

Just don't. You're welcome. (And if you want to thank me for the tip, just click the heart or thank you icon on the bottom right side of this post, no need to write a comment just for that.)

This was a public service announcement by a TRS (as of April 3, 2022).

As so many people keep asking for TRSs to share their "Tips & Tricks", and "How to become a TRS", here's the maybe most important one: Making yourself acquainted, even becoming best friends with Fiverr's terms, rules, and such, is essential in becoming a TRS, because else, you may lose your account before you even get close. Doing stuff that's against the rules also won't serve you well when you reach the basic eligibility requirements and the evaluation team takes out their loupe to manually evaluate your account. 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♂️👨‍⚖️👩‍⚖️💎✔️💚🏅

• Like 134
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 10

31 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

What amazes me, is that when this is pointed out to such users on the forum, when I check next day, most have chosen to ignore the advice!

They don't seem to worry about risking their Fiverr account. 🙄

Yes, it remains a mystery... unless, of course, they didn't ignore but didn't even read the advice, even if it was pointed out directly to them. It's one of the reasons I stopped trying to help in Improve My Gig, too, it mostly seemed pointless. 

• Like 85
  • Thanks 3

Your equanimity is admirable.

But my philosophy is, "If the wall starts throwing mud, go and watch Netflix instead". 😉 

I believe in giving back, even in giving without having got or getting anything back, though, so I keep trying things, and also to try and help when I spot walls that look (but aren't always) sticky at least every once in a while.

But your equanimity, perseverance and regularity is admirable for real, that wasn't (just) banter!

• Like 66
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, miiila said:

unless, of course, they didn't ignore but didn't even read the advice, even if it was pointed out directly to them.

I feel like they don’t even check if someone replied 🤔 I had zero people reply to me when I’m even asking them a direct question.

I don’t know if they just forget that opened a topic, or they don’t know how to check notifications, or they just post to “stay active”. I’m always assuming the worst though 🙈 

7 hours ago, miiila said:

But my philosophy is, "If the wall starts throwing mud, go and watch Netflix instead".

😂🙈

• Like 74
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 months later...

It looks like there is a benefit of spam, if it resurrects good content like this! 😊

I'd like to add one more (obvious) pointer to your list, @miiila:

Do not use someone else's picture as your profile image.

This one really should be a given, but some sellers just don't get it. Be truthful on who you are (no matter how much you hate your picture)!!!

Also, I read the comments from you, @lloydsolutions, & @mariashtelle1! It is sad that so many people come to the forum for help, but don't even read the helpful advice that is given.  (I suspect this is because they wanted a response within 5 minutes, and when it didn't come, they left.)

On 4/6/2022 at 4:44 AM, lloydsolutions said:

My philosophy is "If you throw enough mud at the wall some of it sticks" so that is why I never give up. 🙂

I just wanted to thank all of you for all your posts because even if the OPs aren't getting the message, at least there are others like me who do learn from all of your posts! I'm still a rather "new-ish" seller with experience only quantified in months, not years. So I still have a lot to learn. So please keep posting! 

Anyways, I thought it was a rare thing to see all three of you chatting in this thread rather than answering the flood of newbie questions! I'd like to see more moments like that!

• Like 77
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/3/2022 at 7:05 AM, miiila said:

As I've just seen it in a thread I was reading, but neither want to single out anyone, nor get into PMs with total strangers:

Do not use Fiverr's logo (or any other logo that isn't yours) in your profile image. Not the logo on its own, nor the logo as an overlay on your image.

Is there an issue with using Fiver logo's in gig photos? 

Edited by jessiicreations
  • Like 34
  • Up 1