Why do I have to be punished because of a shady buyer?

Buyer ordered a voice over from me. I asked them if they want to use it commercially, they said yes. I offered them the commercial rights and they cancelled the order. Now I got a pop-up saying my gig could be shown lower in the search because of the cancelation. I am pretty angry about that.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, filiptheslav said:

Buyer ordered a voice over from me. I asked them if they want to use it commercially, they said yes. I offered them the commercial rights and they cancelled the order.

The order is NOT cancelled, unless YOU agree to cancel it. You should have said no. The cancellation is never the buyer's fault, if you agree to allow the order to be cancelled. Buyers cannot cancel orders without your (or CS) agreeing to the cancellation.

2 hours ago, filiptheslav said:

Now I got a pop-up saying my gig could be shown lower in the search because of the cancelation. I am pretty angry about that.

Unfortunately, that's how Fiverr works. Fiverr discourages frivolous cancellations.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Buyers cannot cancel orders without your (or CS) agreeing to the cancellation.

Why can't people understand this?  It is an absolute mystery to me why people think Fiverr CS should solve every problem and the seller should be untouchable.  Come on.  You are a business owner.  Act like it.  I am a VO, and EVERY time someone orders from me and doesn't select commercial and broadcast rights when I think they should, I ask them to explain why.  Sometimes I let it slide, sometimes I push back, just depends on the situation.  Happened today as a matter of fact.  

• Like 7