Gig extra delivery time should be calculated from the moment of its purchase

josephvm

Many of you might have experienced this.

I recently had an order which I completed on time. Two days later, buyer purchased a gig extra with 1 day delivery. Boom!
LATE warning everywhere! Although the order was delivered and completed on the same day, my "on-time delivery" rate dropped to 91%! Just like that. 

When I contacted Fiverr regarding this, they gave me a reply that it's how the Fiverr system works! 

Whenever a Gig extra is added to an order, the duration is extended in a way that it adds to the original duration of the order.

image.png.b5a644dbb0c670360c1d5772a96c5e17.png

So, even if you're a seller who delivers on time, a buyer's gig extra purchase can affect your on-time delivery analytics (which will badly affect the gig ranking if it's dropped too much). 

This needs to be fixed, what do you guys think?

Edited by josephvm
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

• 2 months later...

Yeah, this is an issue. They should do the same with gig extras ordered after the fact, as they do with revisions: if the original order is delivered on time, that will count as an on-time delivery. Revisions still cause orders to show up as "Late", but it doesn't affect your on-time delivery rate. 

To avoid this issue, you could always avoid using order extras, and rather just send the buyer a new, unique order. The buyer still has to pay the processing fees, so it should make no difference for them. Just explain that a technical issue with the delivery time counter makes it easier to do it this way, if they should ask. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, josephvm said:

This needs to be fixed, what do you guys think?

I agree! Actually, I wasn't aware (or probably didn't mind enough) that a buyer can still purchase extras after delivery until I experienced this. They directly just purchased the extra without consulting me (which actually was fine, other than the issue on delivery time). Thankfully I still had some hours left enough to complete the added service.

I do not like the idea that it just adds on to the original duration of the order (after delivery). It should in fact do a new countdown because it is very dependent on how soon the buyer actually looks into the order, which could be beyond the original duration to begin with. 

• Like 2

It should, definitely, I don't see why it's not. Even from buyer side, it should be rather easy to see that if you can't make up your mind about an extra from the start, the seller may need additional time if you add it later. I also think that most buyers wouldn't have an issue with that, as it makes sense, logically (and most of them probably rather would like a good result, too, than the seller rushing to squeeze an extra in the original delivery time if they can somehow manage, to avoid a late penalty, if even possible).